Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Japan gains first whaling victory

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Idriss

Idriss

Travelling through Space

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

• Hello Doctor! Its very nice to meet you :)

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

I cant believe the reaction to this has been so slow !
Has anyone contacted any of their Embassies ?
I guess that people just really dont give a sh**....if everyone that complained just sent an E-mail to one of the Japanese Embassies or Consulates linked above ,it probably wouldn't happen.... angry.gif
I challenge everyone reading this to send an e-mail to your Japanese Embassy,get at least one other person to do it and link the Embassy addresses to another site with an appeal to others to do the same.......COME ONNNNNNNN  angry.gif

agreed bogeyman my country is heavily against this and is currently campaining against this horrific act against animals   yes.gif

"Loving life!"

#17    Doctor_Strangelove

Doctor_Strangelove

Nazi Scientist

• 2,616 posts

• Mein Führer! I can walk!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:36 AM

My stomach really hurts now.  Although Japan has been hunting whales despite the law, calling it 'research', instead of 'hunting'.  They make me sick.   angry.gif

Of course, we all need the whale oil to light our lamps, don't we?  It's just a matter of $$$$.  A whale makes a LOT of sushi.  angry.gif

Sushi is made of fish, a whale is a mammal. See how that does not work out? And we don't use whale oil lamps anymore.

"Isn't it weird when users quote themselves in their own signatures?"-Doctor_Strangelove

#18    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:52 AM

Let's just kidnap the whales and hide them under our beds...
The Japanese won't find them there.

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#19    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:41 PM

I already have a right whale underneath mine grin2.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#20    crouton

crouton

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• 'This one goes to eleven....'

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

My stomach really hurts now. Although Japan has been hunting whales despite the law, calling it 'research', instead of 'hunting'. They make me sick.
Of course, we all need the whale oil to light our lamps, don't we? It's just a matter of $$$$. A whale makes a LOT of sushi.

Sushi is made of fish, a whale is a mammal. See how that does not work out? And we don't use whale oil lamps anymore.

I was being sarcastic.  My point is that we DON'T use whale oil lamps, and sushi is NOT made of whale meat.  So our (the western world) need of whale meat is extremely limited, if it exists at all.  Sheesh!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

I already have a right whale underneath mine grin2.gif

You're lucky, mine's a blue sad.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#22    Doctor_Strangelove

Doctor_Strangelove

Nazi Scientist

• 2,616 posts

• Mein Führer! I can walk!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

I can't, a whale would destroy my ecosystem of mold down there. Thats why I hid mine in my closet. thumbsup.gif

"Isn't it weird when users quote themselves in their own signatures?"-Doctor_Strangelove

#23    Carajbu

Carajbu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

• There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
    -Buddha

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

Dear Consultant General Shigeo Iwatani,

Aloha. I am contacting you personally on behalf of the concerns of many individuals of Hawai'i. Recently I have read articles whose sources are liable stating that Japan is in favor of returning to the cruel practice of commercial whaling. It is also well known that Japan already practices whaling.

In my respected opinion, Mr. Iwatani, I believe that commercial whaling is cruel and foolish. Frankly, any act of killing a beautiful,  innocent species born on this Earth is unwarranted, even for the reward of large amounts of money to greedy men.

You must understand that living here in Hawai'i I have many Japanese friends and it is well known and thought that Japanese people are very smart. On behalf of my friends and recent technology advances Japan has achieved I can agree this is true. How can the Japanese hold their reputation if they are in favor of commercial whaling? I am not generalizing that all Japanese people believe the act is justifiable, but I no longer think so highly of them. I know you are Japanese yourself, Mr. Iwatani. On the website of honolulu.us.emb-japan.go.jp there is information about yourself. It states that you graduated from the Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo with a degree in Law. Surely you are a respectable, powerful, intelligent man. Tell me, Mr. Iwatani, is it lawful to kill intelligent, peaceful, wild mammals such as whales in order to gain money? If you think so then maybe you are not so intelligent as I assumed you were.

I ask you, Shigeo Iwatani, to not allow the reputation of Japan to be soiled. I ask you to not allow commercial whaling to continue. You are in a postion where you can consult and influence superiors in your country's government. I am not. Yes, I am asking you a favor. You will be rewarded by knowing that you helped save something living like yourself, a creature that loves like you, a creature that can amazingly sing, maybe not like you, but with a beauty that one can't help but admire!
The Japanese people who continue to kill whales and pursue the disgusting goal to return to commercial whaling cannot hear the whales scream. When they kill these giant, peaceful creatures and soil the ocean with their blood they cannot hear their dying screams because our ears are simply not used to picking up sounds that great. Neither are our souls. I hope when they sleep at night they will lie awake and know what they did, and in their dreams hear the screams of the whales.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Individual

Edited by Qarrah, 01 July 2006 - 07:58 PM.

"I want freedom for the full expression of my personality." -Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users