Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Griffins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#16    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 18 October 2003 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Penelope_the_Penguin @ Oct 17 2003, 04:46 AM)
Okay, I swear that the other night I saw a griffin. Has anyone else seen one? Where and how big do you reckon it was?

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but griffins are a greek myth w00t.gif

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#17    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 18 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Kryso @ Oct 17 2003, 10:13 PM)
I think I live next door to one.  dontgetit.gif No way can the size of the poop next to my doorstep - when I go out in the morning - have been left by a normal animal! Do you think catnip works against them? huh.gif

Could be worse I live next to a lady that raises swamp dragons...one got out and got a bit excited and next thing I knew half my yard was a crater....

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#18    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 04:05 PM

lol

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#19    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• "Insanity is the only thing left to grasp onto in this world"

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:11 AM

I've never heard of griffin...perhaps it's time to do some research.....

#20    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:14 AM

Nope never seen one!

#21    Penelope_the_Penguin

Penelope_the_Penguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• This kind of obsession with pretty gay love was frankly unhealthy.

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:07 AM

Well...I saw something that looked like it was yellow-gold and feathery. It's body was sort of elongated..not quite like a birds...and it was definately big, though that might have been a play on my eyes by the distance. I was trying to name it according to how it looked to me (I've a bit of an interest in greek mythology and the thing reminded me of a griffin)

"Is clothing optional?" A man down the front called out.

Aimee looked imperiously down at him. "Yes, yes it is."
DOOM to all who ask how long I've thought I'm a penguin.
"Curlers," Draco said, distracted from the blaze. "So... Granger, the hair is deliberate?"

"Well... yes," Hermione answered, flustered. "I wanted everyone to think I was a natural beauty." She began to sob into Ernie's paper bag. "Now that's out, too!"

"A human being did that to their hair on purpose," Draco said. He looked very young and scared, suddenly. He looped an arm around Zacharias' waist and added tremulously, "Hold me."

Zacharias did. Justin ran past, and yelled, "More power to you, rainbow brethren!" - Maya, How the Badger Has Fallen
"Hello, Mother," he said. "The school burned down. It was evil invaders. Also, I appear to be gay."

Ivy Smith shrugged. "I'll make coffee."
"I can resist anything but temptation" - Oscar Wilde

#22    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:05 AM

What kind of other animals live in that area?
It could help provide an explanation.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#23    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (lizettemarie @ Oct 19 2003, 04:11 AM)
I've never heard of griffin...perhaps it's time to do some research.....

A griffin is kinda like a Lion (or bear) with wings

#24    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:16 PM

Penelope_the_Penguin Posted on Oct 19 2003, 07:07 AM
Well...I saw something that looked like it was yellow-gold and feathery. It's body was sort of elongated..not quite like a birds...and it was definately big,

Prehaps the people down at Sesame Street finally saw sense and fired Big Bird out of a cannon! whistling2.gif  
If you keep your eyes peeled you might see a Mr Snuffleluffacus soon  ph34r.gif  

#25    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Halo_Jones @ Oct 19 2003, 05:16 PM)
Well...I saw something that looked like it was yellow-gold and feathery. It's body was sort of elongated..not quite like a birds...and it was definately big,

Prehaps the people down at Sesame Street finally saw sense and fired Big Bird out of a cannon! whistling2.gif  

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Anyway Penelope_the_Penguin,did the birdie's resemblance come any closer than this??

user posted image

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#26    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:56 PM

Hmm...nice picture Engulf.. thumbsup.gif ..Penguiin..i never seen a griffin.. sad.gif  

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

#27    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:19 PM

Thanks!

#28    Penelope_the_Penguin

Penelope_the_Penguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• This kind of obsession with pretty gay love was frankly unhealthy.

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:21 AM

Okay, It's me again.

This Griffin, I saw it in a small area of Southland called Kapuka. It's near Invercargil. Rural farmland area. There have been all sorts of odd sightings there nd in other rural parts of NZ. E.g. someone saw a giant eagle from a Maori myth and a few people have seen Moas. It was not Big Bird and I am NOT on drugs. Do you know what they can do to your body? The penguin thing is 'cause I like penguins. It was that or Penelope_the_Phoenix which may have been more appropriate under the circumstances.

Signing off now, tata

Penelope

"Is clothing optional?" A man down the front called out.

Aimee looked imperiously down at him. "Yes, yes it is."
DOOM to all who ask how long I've thought I'm a penguin.
"Curlers," Draco said, distracted from the blaze. "So... Granger, the hair is deliberate?"

"Well... yes," Hermione answered, flustered. "I wanted everyone to think I was a natural beauty." She began to sob into Ernie's paper bag. "Now that's out, too!"

"A human being did that to their hair on purpose," Draco said. He looked very young and scared, suddenly. He looped an arm around Zacharias' waist and added tremulously, "Hold me."

Zacharias did. Justin ran past, and yelled, "More power to you, rainbow brethren!" - Maya, How the Badger Has Fallen
"Hello, Mother," he said. "The school burned down. It was evil invaders. Also, I appear to be gay."

Ivy Smith shrugged. "I'll make coffee."
"I can resist anything but temptation" - Oscar Wilde

#29    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Halo_Jones @ Oct 19 2003, 05:16 PM)

Hey, Halo, is that a dig?  Snuffs has been right here all along laugh.gif

I'm kidding, please don't kick me.

Nothing to see here.

#30    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:15 AM

laugh.gif @ snuffy  tongue.gif oops! I didn't mean you, although now you mention it, a cannon ride for you might be fun bounce.gif

Okay, I swear that the other night I saw a griffin. Has anyone else seen one? Where and how big do you reckon it was?

P the P,    
If you expect to be taken seriously you need to give all your infomation at the begining, like a good description, the time of day, where it took place, if there was anyone else that witnessed it, any local legends linked to the area, ect, ect. Then you might get some serious replys.  thumbsup.gif  

* Note: I said "might"

rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users