Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stream of Consciousness #3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 17 October 2003 - 02:55 PM

I was thinking the other day about the world of the future, and how the things that some folks predicted we'd have by now haven't quite come to pass.  Take the flying robot car.  Remember the flying robot car? Some magazines predicted that by the year 2000 flying robot cars would be easily available to the general public.  There were even pictures, it looked like a corvette with fans stuck to the sides.  It was supposed to be able to drive itself, using GPS navigation and sensors in the bumper and what not.  It's 2003 and I still don't have my flying robot car.  The best I can come up with is when I sit in the rocketship at the supermarket and make whooshing noises.  What happened?  Why did we give up on the flying robot car?  Write your congressman, we need to make this happen.  Think of the children.

We were also supposed to have a base on the moon by now, remember that?  We can get people to the moon.  How hard is it to get people back to the moon?  Only this time, we need to send people with blueprints and hammers.  We need a moon base, complete with rude, apathetic staff and a crappy gift shop.  Seriously, what is the matter here?  Why did we quit going to the moon?  Did we quit caring?  "Hey Ralph, we went to the moon, man, isn't that cool?  Maybe one day we'll go to the moon."  
   "Nah, Tony, I'm sick of the moon, I'm gonna watch Chico and the Man."
People seem to be bored with the moon.  We know there's nothing on it, so we don't seem to care anymore.  Been there, done that.  I think we need a base on the moon, simply because we can get there.  There's nothing on Antarctica either, but there are scientific bases there.  What's the point of that.
"Log, tuesday.  Today I watched penguins mate.  It sort of turned me on.  Tonight I'm gonna drink myself into a stupor and watch old tapes of Jenny Jones before I cry myself to sleep.  I hate Antarctica."
I want a moon base, if for no reason than I want to go to the moon and use one of the rest room.  I wanna say I made a bm on the moon.

Here are some of my predictions for the future:  We will have flying robot cars in the future.  By the first day we have them, sales will be huge.  The next day, someone will make theirs look like the General Lee.  He'll probably have a mullet.  There will not only be a base on the moon, but there will also be a McDonald's.  We will finally make contact with an alien civilization, and the world will change and become a better place at last, at least for a month, until people start noticing their differences again.  The aliens will leave in disgust, but not before finding bigoted, mispelled slogans in the men's room.  "Git off our planit, u dirty allin scum."  Someone will say it's God's fault.  Other people will agree.  God, will have nothing to do with it.  The future, I think, will look a lot like the past, only with new, shiny technology.  We'll be the same confused monkeys we always were, only this time we'll get to rock those cool helmets with the antennas on top.

That's my rant for this week.

Snuffs.

Nothing to see here.

#2    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:04 PM

It's 2003 and I still don't have my flying robot car. The best I can come up with is when I sit in the rocketship at the supermarket and make whooshing noises. What happened?

TGIF!!!  Snuffy's back!

Snuffy? I must say, reading your work is more than worth the price of admission here at UM..........

Yes sir, you do have a way with words.......... What a hoot!
Thank you for brightening my otherwise quiet day. Keep em coming Snuffs!!
A++ again!         thumbsup.gif  wub.gif
N.

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#3    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:07 PM

Very funny Snuffy! I actually laughed out loud reading this.  laugh.gif

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#4    pappagooch

pappagooch

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:46 PM

LOL!!! I enjoyed that rant a lot... Very Funny!!! Thanks  laugh.gif  

...the truth of things is the chief nutriment of superior intellects.

Leonardo da Vinci

#5    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 17 October 2003 - 10:53 PM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif Very good indeed.  wink2.gif

A:21

#6    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (sarkypi @ Oct 17 2003, 11:35 PM)
I can't get enough of your stuff.  It's too bad we always have to wait to Friday. original.gif

Awwww, y'all know how to make a man feel wanted.   wub.gif  

Nothing to see here.

#7    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:25 PM

Snuffy, this is funny stuff.  I think you made some excellent points:

The future, I think, will look a lot like the past, only with new, shiny technology. We'll be the same confused monkeys we always were, only this time we'll get to rock those cool helmets with the antennas on top.

Well done! thumbsup.gif  

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#8    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 24 October 2003 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (starlyte @ Oct 23 2003, 05:25 PM)
Snuffy, this is funny stuff.  I think you made some excellent points:

Well done! thumbsup.gif

I really hoped nobody would catch on that I had a point  laugh.gif  

Nothing to see here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users