Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is the heart our emotional memory centre?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#16    A+Certified

A+Certified

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "...i got a new fridge, and the freezers on the bottom, NOW I HAVE TO BEND DOWN FOR WAFFLES! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!.."

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

Because of chemical reactions that occur in the body, you produce very small
amounts of electrical energy.  This electrical energy sends a message to your
heart and makes it beat.  There is a patch of cells in the upper right
chamber of your heart called the "pacemaker" that first gets the electrical
signal and then sends the signal on to the rest of the parts of the heart.
There are parts in your brain that can control how FAST or SLOW your heart
beats, but for normal, everyday beating, the pacemaker keeps your heart
going.  Some people have a bad pacemaker and need to get an artificial one.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/zoo00/zoo00158.htm

there is no "memory" cells in the heart, the beat is sent from the brain stem

#17    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

I'll try and remember what I can, I wasn't paying much attention so I'll probably get some things wrong.

They took loads of regular people to do an experiment on, which involved hooking them up to different machines so that their heart could be monitored (I can't remember what they were monitoring for, but I'm almost sure it wasn't for the heart rate), and they also monitored brain activity. Then they placed the people in a seat and showed them images on a large screen, which were meant to make them feel happy, sad, angry etc.

They found that when these people were shown the images, their hearts showed a reaction before the brain did, and then it explained that the heart and brain communicate using electrical signals sent via the bloodsteam (?); so when some people got a new heart, the new one sent slightly different signals compared to their old one, resulting in the brain having a different response.

It didn't say that the heart was a second brain, or literally contained the memories of other people at all; I think the claim that these people soon became similar to the people who's heart they received is quite a stretch, but I don't doubt that it had some effect on their brain.

#18    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:04 AM

Sorry for all those sceptics but the neuroscience is being turned on its head, lol, every decade, what was nonsense ten years ago is proven factual practiced art this year…

The programme stated that within the design of the muscular framework there also is a nuero-framework.

Those in the know, the heart regulates itself, fact yeah, in that it contains a synaptic system that enables it to store motor memories and it seems also emotional content as well.

pond life (frogfish) get your mom or dad to come on here and verify your claims as I would love to wrestle with their magnificent intellects, lol….

The brain and heart both produce electromagnetic energy yet, this got me as well, the heart is between ten and a hundred times that of the brain, I know sounds ridiculous but I have had a look at the effects of magnetic charge on the brain a while back and there is some rational in what the programme suggests….

The biomechanics of the heart are not replicated anywhere else within the dynamics of the human body but some animals are. The human heart apparently contains a synaptic construct which enables it to uphold a motor response unique to the individual and when a heart transplant takes place the heart remains that of the predecessors regulatory system and it takes a minimum of six weeks to retune itself with its new host.

The programme was shown on a uk channel, channel 4 so go and check it out for yourselves…. thumbsup.gif

Next thing they’ll be telling us our DNA holds a genetic memory of sorts, lol…. w00t.gif

Ciao….

Thanks for expanding this a little more JC2  thumbsup.gif

What is interesting in seeing peoples various reactions and opinions on this is of course for the good old spiritual Versus science debate. For the experts and those who can't see how this claim is possible from the physical mechincal working of the heart and brain, then I suppose one explaination could be spiritually based. Something has to explain why these transplant people took on new memories/info/skills/likes/dislikes and in all cases had managed to track the donors family down by just 'knowing' namse and personal details of their donor. Those that got feedback from their donors families were amazed to find out that there new aquired 'tastes, skills & interests' were those of the donor. Identity wise these people felt they had aquired a new part to them and some going as far as 2 personalities sharing one body. The old them and the new them.

Edited by Anvil, 27 June 2006 - 10:05 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#19    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

I'll try and remember what I can, I wasn't paying much attention so I'll probably get some things wrong.

They took loads of regular people to do an experiment on, which involved hooking them up to different machines so that their heart could be monitored (I can't remember what they were monitoring for, but I'm almost sure it wasn't for the heart rate), and they also monitored brain activity. Then they placed the people in a seat and showed them images on a large screen, which were meant to make them feel happy, sad, angry etc.

They found that when these people were shown the images, their hearts showed a reaction before the brain did, and then it explained that the heart and brain communicate using electrical signals sent via the bloodsteam (?); so when some people got a new heart, the new one sent slightly different signals compared to their old one, resulting in the brain having a different response.

It didn't say that the heart was a second brain, or literally contained the memories of other people at all; I think the claim that these people soon became similar to the people who's heart they received is quite a stretch, but I don't doubt that it had some effect on their brain.

Thanks Raptor, I wish I could watch the documentry again, I think you put it a little better than I did in explaining what they said about the eletrical circut/EMF thing and how it is 'talking to the brain'. But they did find with these people who had new hearts experiencing new skills, memories, likes, dislikes, even taste of music. They also knew personal details and info about the donor, explained as 'just knowing'....

Could it be if the heart to brain circut isn't functioning in the right rythm then this could cause changes in personality/emotional behaviour in non transplant people, in anyone ??

What I find interesting from a spiritual point of view is that practicing things like medititation, yoga, chi ti, chakra and light meditations, energy cleansing, reki, opening of third eye, all these kind of spirtual things all act as ways to natrually retune and rebalance the the body and mind. Alot can be focused on the relationship between the mind, heart and soul, frequancy, vibration, lowering and heighting 'ones' to reach other levels of conciounus. Maybe these things are good at keeping the 'heart - brain circut' rythm cycling normally and correcting it if it slips off balance.

*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#20    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

The brain and heart both produce electromagnetic energy yet, this got me as well, the heart is between ten and a hundred times that of the brain, I know sounds ridiculous but I have had a look at the effects of magnetic charge on the brain a while back and there is some rational in what the programme suggests….

That's because it's a muscle, while the brain is not. Muscles generate electrical pulses. Ever hear of electric eels? Same principle.

The human heart apparently contains a synaptic construct which enables it to uphold a motor response unique to the individual and when a heart transplant takes place the heart remains that of the predecessors regulatory system and it takes a minimum of six weeks to retune itself with its new host.

That's because people are different/ We have different blood supplies, different size aortic valves, even different metabolism. That's why sometimes transplants fail.

The programme stated that within the design of the muscular framework there also is a nuero-framework

To control muscles. The neuro-muscular synapse is different than any other synapse in the body. Synapse as in the gap between axon and exon of 2 neurons where the signal is transmitted via neurotransmitters.

Do you have any proof. I would like to see references, or maybe you should just take a college biology course.

Those in the know, the heart regulates itself, fact yeah, in that it contains a synaptic system that enables it to store motor memories and it seems also emotional content as well.

Nope, it's regulated by the brain, and the only thing it 'stores' is blood thumbsup.gif Epithelial cells are not glial cells thumbsup.gif

pond life (frogfish) get your mom or dad to come on here and verify your claims as I would love to wrestle with their magnificent intellects, lol….

If you can't handle my points, what makes you think you can argue with a M.D. Ph.D ?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#21    Uversa

Uversa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

This thread might be of relevent interest

Edited by Uversa, 27 June 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#22    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

Those that got feedback from their donors families were amazed to find out that there new aquired 'tastes, skills & interests' were those of the donor

It's just a coincedence. I pointed out that the heart has no glial cells. If you think you can transplant 'souls', then go ahead...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#23    Uversa

Uversa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

It's just a coincedence. I pointed out that the heart has no glial cells. If you think you can transplant 'souls', then go ahead...

frogfish, do you totally refute the theory posted in the link above?

Do you think you honestly know exactly how this reality works and can therefore make these bold statements as if fact?

Out of curiosity.

#24    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:44 PM

Hey no need to get so sarcastic blink.gif

This documentry is saying it's MORE than just a coincedence, the examples/case studies they know of are just to complex to be coincedence. The Docu is called 'transplanting memories' It's one of those they play on the discovery channels, look out for it and see what you think.

Posted Image

#25    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

frogfish, do you totally refute the theory posted in the link above?

Do you think you honestly know exactly how this reality works and can therefore make these bold statements as if fact?

The heart CANNOT STORE memories like the brain. Unless you believe the 'soul' can be transplanted, this nothing more than a mere coincedence.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#26    Uversa

Uversa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:55 PM

The heart CANNOT STORE memories like the brain. Unless you believe the 'soul' can be transplanted, this nothing more than a mere coincedence.

Did you read the holographic universe theory I posted?

Do you totally refute it?

Do you think you fully understand how this reality works beyond any question of doubt?

#27    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hey no need to get so sarcastic blink.gif

This documentry is saying it's MORE than just a coincedence, the examples/case studies they know of are just to complex to be coincedence. The Docu is called 'transplanting memories' It's one of those they play on the discovery channels, look out for it and see what you think.

But not everything was necessarily true, things are often exaggerated to make them look more interesting.

Did you read the holographic universe theory I posted?

Do you totally refute it?

What has that got to do with this thread?

Do you think you fully understand how this reality works beyond any question of doubt?

For all practical purposes, science can.

#28    Uversa

Uversa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

What has that got to do with this thread?

Maybe if you'd read it, you would find out!

#29    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

Maybe. But it would be easier if you just told me. yes.gif

#30    A+Certified

A+Certified

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "...i got a new fridge, and the freezers on the bottom, NOW I HAVE TO BEND DOWN FOR WAFFLES! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!.."

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

actually the heart can regulate itself frog, theres a patch of cells on the heart called the "pacemaker" and that CAN regulate itself, BUT the brain does command the pacemaker when something is wrong, or different.

and as for "the heart had a reaction first" that is a huge lie, becuase just seeing the picture requires the brain to put the picture together. there is no way the heart had a reaction before the brain even put the picture together, and recognized it. UNLESS you can provide a link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users