Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

better check that again, mr bible!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#16    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:30 PM

Okay  Field Day!!!!!! w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif

Number 1 - Is considered the "Gap Theory"....  Go here to read about it!!!  -

Gap Theory

Also in my opinion on this .... I think God put the Dinosaurs here for millions of years to aid us... because what is a product of fossils of dinosaure and other reptiles/animals from millions of years ago?.... OIL!!!  Without the dinosaurs there would be no OIL/CRUDE.... So see God had a plan all along!!!

Number 2 - Israel is called the Land of Milk and Honey, stemming from two Biblical verses, from chapter 16 in the Book of Numbers and Chapter 26 in the Book of Deuteronomy, when God promises the land to Moses and the children of Israel.  Honey was discovered around 8,000 BCE.  (What does King Tut have to do with it?  rolleyes.gif )

On to Number 3 - Why wouldn't we have knowledge of science... what "science" are you talking about... Some sciences are just theories!! Like "DARWIN"... and evolution!   So just because we (humans) supposedly "Know Science"... doesn't mean that the Science is right!  I DON"T believe I originated from a MONKEY or any other living organism!!! So why wouldn't God give us special knowledge of Science... there are a lot of things out there that were interesting to discover.

Number 4 - First of all ... very unintelligent question.... what do you mean "what did god do to the other plantes,galaxies, ect?"   What do you want him to do with them???   He created them... isn't that a fantastic Mircale in itself? I don't believe Godhas to give us a reason for the things he has done... Maybe he wanted to give us something to do... there are lots of interesting and fascinating things in outer space... God put us on this planet to LIVE and THRIVE... and part of living is having fun and interests and hobbies.   Who knows WHY he created the other planets ... but why question it... it's a great thing!

Now my Favorite... Number 5 - Where on EARTH did you ever get that GOD doesn't like Sex?  God created sex to be a beautiful and enjoyable act to be between TWO MARRIED PEOPLE!!! (Opposite Sex BTW).  To be able to reproduce and express their LOVE!!!   He isn't against SEX... he created it!  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Glad I could educate you!!!  wink2.gif  wink2.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

And your quote.....
"I'm an Athiest"...
<shakes head.... tis a sad thing>  crying.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#17    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:16 PM

you make some very good points nxt2hvn! I am not one to argue with a woman who has a man controller. I also notice that you take a few non traditional stands as well. Props for some original thought. thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#18    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (moe eubleck @ Dec 15 2003, 05:16 PM)
you make some very good points nxt2hvn! I am not one to argue with a woman who has a man controller. I also notice that you take a few non traditional stands as well. Props for some original thought. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Moe!!  

I wouldn't use my Hemote Control on you ..... well unless absolutely necessary!  thumbsup.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#19    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:38 AM

Hmmm... let me put my own reply, from atheist for another atheist.

1. ifit said that god created humans as the first living creatures on earth, whatever happened to the dinosaurs?

Read the bible.
God created the living creatures on Gen 1:24
then God created men on Gen 1:26
And the author of Genesis has no idea about dinosaurs.

2. why do they call it the land of milk and honey if honey was not discovered during king tut's reign?

As Nxt2Hvn said, What does King Tut have to do with it?

3.if the bible says god created everything, then why do we have any knowledge of science?

Science is a "thing", so it is a subset of "everything". So if God created "everything" by definition he also created science.

4. what did god do to the other plantes,galaxies, ect?

The author of the bible didn't have any clue about what you are talking about. Galaxies??? Anyway, Nxt2Hvn answered it well enough.

5. If God did not approve of sex, then how come he wanted MORE men in his image.

WHAT??? You really MUST read the "Song of Solomon". Where did you find that God did not approve sex???? How can we still find Christians today?? If their relligion doesn't approve sex, then by natural selection Christianity should have been extinct by now.

OK, i am an athiest. i always asked these questions as a  kid in sunday school

If you are an atheist then you are not supposed to be ignorant. Study the bible properly before making your decission. It doesn't hurt to study the bible, considering it can make quite a lot of money if you know what you are doing thumbsup.gif  

#20    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:58 AM

Another thing to note when attacking religion is that you can never disprove the existance of god in general.

You might be able to disprove a certain god , but whether or not a god exists will never be determined ( unless of course he comes booming down to us ) .

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#21    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:33 PM

I think the thing that drives this discussions is that while all of us are will to give a measure of tolerence to anothers beliefs; there comes a point for Christian, Atheist, Muslim, Hindu... when we have backed up to the point when we can go no further without becoming traitor to our core belief. Then at that point we either accept the other side as right, or launch into a crusade in which we dare not lose; for we feel that if we lose the crusade, we lose our faith.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#22    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Nintendork @ Oct 19 2003, 08:23 PM)
1. if it said that god created humans as the first living creatures on earth, whatever happened to the dinosaurs?
2. why do they call it the land of milk and honey if honey was not discovered during king tut's reign?
3.if the bible says god created everything, then why do we have any knowledge of science?
5. If God did not approve of sex, then how come he wanted MORE men in his image.

answers to your questions as best as i can answer. illl go back and answer #4 later.
1. it doesnt. its says God made the beasts before the humans, unless you are talking about a different bible than mine.
2. it could be god inspired, meaning god told the writers of the bible to write it, but not what it meant.
3. just because someone believes in God doesnt mean science is to be ignored. i am a hard core catholic, yet an evolutionist. science is just an extension of Gods power in a way humans can understand.
5. God doesnt dissaprove of sex, just abuse of it, like sex before marrige and masturbation.

#23    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:32 PM

hey by the way soulfire78.....read a book called Saints for Sinners.....very good book that does explain and give stories about the lives of MANY Catholic saints that were married, and participated in "sexual intercourse."  Also, in that book, you will find many stories of thieves, prostitues, murderers, etc... that had a conversion and are now saints in the Catholic Church.  So just because you don't know and havent bothered to research, there are saints besides Priests, monks, and nuns.   grin2.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#24    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:52 PM

TOUCHE' !!!

#25    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:18 PM

Nxt2Hvn

Lilleth? huh.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#26    BeetlemanEXE

BeetlemanEXE

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:23 PM

I'm a Christian, and tell you the truth I have never read anything about Lilith in the Bible. I've heard about her, but I've never actually seen anything in the Bible about it.
  the order God created the world, it never said that God made man first. In fact, man was the LAST thing to be made. The reason you never hear about dinosaurs in the Bible is because the translators had never seen a dinosaur before, so they thought it was an early translation mistake. Both Behemoth and Leviathan, from the book of Job, were probably reptiles. Behemoth was often portrayed as a hippopotamus or an elephant, but neither one of these creatures has a tail "like a cedar tree". Also, many people say Leviathan was probably a crocodile, but I'm more inclined to think it was a type of pliosaur, a giant sea reptile with a short neck. The description of Leviathan seems to awe-inspiring for a crocodile.
The Bible has been translated many times, and originally it may not have mentioned milk and honey. It may have mentioned a similar substance that was later translated as honey. Or, perhaps honey had already been discovered before,  but then for some reason people forgot how to make it, then was rediscovered.
I also don't believe in evolution. We have never really seen it take place. The only real proof there is is that certain fossils are found in different depths underground. During the World Flood, the animals that were left were probably quickly killed. Millions of tons of mud and sand were probably picked up and finally settled at different levels. It may be just coincidence we find most fossils close together, maybe because the animals often traveled together.
One thing that seperates me from most Christians I know is that I believe the world was very technologically advanced before the World Flood, just that they still built things out of natural resources like rock and wood. There is evidence that many types of machines existed back then, even batteries. Perhaps a world-wide power device was completed by a man with technological ideas similar to Nikola Tesla's. Maybe the reason buildings were still made from stone is because they had machines that could left things using magnetic force, similar to Nikola's world power theory.

#27    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:15 AM

i have read the bible (yes, all of it) and it never says anything about lilieth. i never heard of her. maybe its a theory, or maybe an oral tradition, or maybe its in a non-catholic bible. but i never heard that part.

#28    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:26 AM

i have read the bible (yes, all of it) and it never says anything about lilieth. i never heard of her. maybe its a theory, or maybe an oral tradition, or maybe its in a non-catholic bible. but i never heard that part.

No, she's in there, I'm not religious so I don't know how she fits in, but according to Evangelion she was mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls and was Adam's first wife who was sinful or something so he made Eve who was more subserveant or something. Anyway, as it turns out shes due to merge with a human/angel cross-breed called Rei Ayanami in 2015 to start 3rd Impact which will cause Armagedeon.

Something like that, as I said I'm not religious.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#29    marshmellow908

marshmellow908

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• &quot;Friends are gods ways of apologizing for our families&quot;

Posted 09 February 2004 - 01:13 AM

[QUOTE]5. If God did not approve of sex, then how come he wanted MORE men in his image

First of all God obvisouly approves of sex because he created everything in nature. And they have to reprodouce some how.  

#30    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:19 AM

if i'm not mistaken, Lilith is a Jewish story as opposed to a christian biblical one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users