Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinos in Mexico between 1,600BC to 1,200AD

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16    Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:34 PM

just cause europeans only discovered dinosaurs about 200 years ago doesnt mean north american natives and anyone else hasnt

[color=#3333FF]You don't seem to understand the problem Poltergeist. The problem is that dinos supposedly became extinct about 65 million trs ago. These people weren't around then.

#17    Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

If these clay figurines are meant to represent real animals that were alive within the last few thousands years, then where are these animals now?  How did they all die out?  And why has not a single trace of any of them ever been found?

Good question.

#18    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

You don't seem to understand the problem Poltergeist. The problem is that dinos supposedly became extinct about 65 million trs ago. These people weren't around then.

But who's to say that they didn't find dinosaur fossils before 'we' did

Interesting topic, either way.

Edited by Raptor X7, 14 July 2006 - 03:41 PM.

#19    Twitch98

Twitch98

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

• Syncronicity can't explain ALL the strangeness

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

We don't even have to ponder dinosaurs contempory to humans.  There have also been found in the New World statues of camels, horses and other non-contemporary North American species that were extinct long before human habitation here.  hmm.gif

Posted Image
Many of us only wish to discuss the possibilities.

#20    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

I really doubt this is a hoax.  Who would go through the trouble of making 33,000 ceramic figurines, seriously?  On top of that not all of them are dinosaurs.  So who would go through the trouble of making 33,000 figurines and only some of them dinosaurs?

Someone earlier said that they don't look anything like dinosaurs...

http://www.kacr.or.kr/img/UNI2e4c.jpg

... what does that look like to you?  <-- serious question.

Someone also said that they may have found fossils of dinosaurs and constructed the figurines based on the bones...  A complete skeleton of a dinosaur is rare.  Most of the time the bones are scattered and mixed with other types of dinosaurs.  sure they may have found a few fossils, maybe even complete skeletons, but not likely.  The figurines include apatosaurus, stegosaurus, ankylosaurs, and many more.  The probability that this civilization found more than three complete dinosaur fossils of different types is slim to none.  The only other explanations are that they actually saw these dinosaurs in the flesh or that someone hoaxed 33,000 figurines.  Before you think it's a hoax know that there have been dozens of radiometric dating of the figurines and every one of them indicated that they were well over 1000 years old.

#21    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

I really doubt this is a hoax. Who would go through the trouble of making 33,000 ceramic figurines, seriously

A hoaxer?

It may not be a hoax. The natives could of found dino bones also.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#22    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

It may not be a hoax. The natives could of found dino bones also.

It is very unlikely that they found so many complete dinosaur skeletons because they are very rare.

#23    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:34 AM

It is very unlikely that they found so many complete dinosaur skeletons because they are very rare.

They are not as rare as you say they are...Who knows, they might of guessed...hence 'dragons'.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#24    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

They are not as rare as you say they are...Who knows, they might of guessed...hence 'dragons'.

Complete skeletons are rare.  

It is my opinion that dragons were dinosaurs that co-exsisted with man and were hunted by knights, and they killed most of them off, maybe even all of them.  The only evidence I have of this is the fact that there are so many dragon stories from so many different cultures around the world that may have had no contact with eachother.

#25    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:17 AM

It is my opinion that dragons were dinosaurs that co-exsisted with man and were hunted by knights, and they killed most of them off, maybe even all of them. The only evidence I have of this is the fact that there are so many dragon stories from so many different cultures around the world that may have had no contact with eachother.

That's out there...My theory sound much more logical and nicer...

They found dino bones and drew pictures, made stories, and created legends!

Complete skeletons are rare

In untouched lands, they could be found...Maybe they stumbled upon a dinosaur graveyard. Or a whole skeleton!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#26    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:34 AM

That's out there...My theory sound much more logical and nicer...

They found dino bones and drew pictures, made stories, and created legends!

The only reason that you think your theory is more logical is because we are taught that dinosaurs and man never co-exsisted, based only on fossil evidence.  If we were taught that dinosaurs survived up to the time of man then you would be the one who sounds illogical.  And I will say it again, fossil evidence isn't always accurate.  We could all be completely wrong but we will most likely never know for sure.

In untouched lands, they could be found...Maybe they stumbled upon a dinosaur graveyard. Or a whole skeleton!

Yes they may have found a whole skeleton, but not so many.  It is highly unlikely that they found so many different species.

#27    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:37 AM

The only reason that you think your theory is more logical is because we are taught that dinosaurs and man never co-exsisted, based only on fossil evidence. If we were taught that dinosaurs survived up to the time of man then you would be the one who sounds illogical.

But we were taught that because of science...You don't want to teach something that has no evidence for and a lot of evidence against.

Yes they may have found a whole skeleton, but not so many. It is highly unlikely that they found so many different species.

Dinosaur graveyards. They could be good at guessing and base it of the lizards of the area, like rock iguanas.

And I will say it again, fossil evidence isn't always accurate. We could all be completely wrong but we will most likely never know for sure.

And I will say that your theory has no evidence whatsoever. Zero. Mine does...who should you believe?

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#28    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:57 AM

But we were taught that because of science...You don't want to teach something that has no evidence for and a lot of evidence against.

I was using that as an example.  I wan't saying that science is wrong; it just might be a little off.

And I will say that your theory has no evidence whatsoever. Zero. Mine does...who should you believe?

The only evidence to back up my theory are legends of dragons and people claiming to see them.  Also the cave paintings, the figurines, and the ancient artifacts found depicting dinosaurs.  What evidence do you have besides fossils (which are not always accurate) and theories?  None.  I might be wrong, and you might be wrong.  We probably will never find out.

#29    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:09 AM

What evidence do you have besides fossils (which are not always accurate) and theories? None. I might be wrong, and you might be wrong. We probably will never find out.

The fossil record (which encompasses a huge amount of evidence), population laws, ecology insight, explained sightings, refutements for cave drawings and dragons, etc.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#30    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

The fossil record (which encompasses a huge amount of evidence), population laws, ecology insight, explained sightings, refutements for cave drawings and dragons, etc.

... besides fossil records and theories...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users