Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinos in Mexico between 1,600BC to 1,200AD

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

What evidence do you have besides fossils (which are not always accurate) and theories? None. I might be wrong, and you might be wrong. We probably will never find out.

We know that vast amounts of plants became extinct. If you can explain how large animals could survive without sufficient oxygen or energy, please do.

The only evidence I have of this is the fact that there are so many dragon stories from so many different cultures around the world that may have had no contact with eachother.

Like I said in the other thread, the only real similarity between dragons from different cultures, is their name.

European dragon
Chinese dragon

They look completely different to eachother. The European dragon was a 'fire breathing monster', while the Chinese dragon represented wisdom and intelligence.

The two aren't even comparable. You might aswell get a giraffe and a polar bear, give them both the same name and try and persuade us they're the same animal.

Edited by Raptor X7, 09 September 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#32    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

We know that vast amounts of plants became extinct. If you can explain how large animals could survive without sufficient oxygen or energy, please do.

Ok... it's not like the oxygen and food was there one day and gone the next...  it took a long time for the earth to change, leaving plenty of time for dinosaurs to adapt and maybe even evolve.  most of the earth's plant life died, but not all of it.  Maybe there were still small areas where some dinosaurs could have survived.  I agree that most of them died durring this time.  But maybe not all of them.  Maybe some of them survived longer than we think.

Like I said in the other thread, the only real similarity between dragons from different cultures, is their name.

European dragon
Chinese dragon

They look completely different to eachother. The European dragon was a 'fire breathing monster', while the Chinese dragon represented wisdom and intelligence.

Actually: they both had scaly looking skin and were like very large reptiles.  Most of them had many similarities.  I don't believe that dragons could breathe fire.  I don't believe that dragons could talk.  They were just large reptillian animals.  Europeans found them to be ferocious man-eating creatures so they called them the 'fire breathing monsters' and the Chinese thought of them more like gods which represent 'wisdom and intelligence.'

The two aren't even comparable. You might aswell get a giraffe and a polar bear, give them both the same name and try and persuade us they're the same animal.

Look at a picture of a T-Rex and an apotosaurus.  They look completely different except for the texture of their skin.  They are not the same animal, but they are the same type of animal.  And they both do have the same name: dinosaurs.

#33    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:34 PM

The figurines include apatosaurus, stegosaurus, ankylosaurs, and many more.

That statement right there suggests more than anything that the figurines were based on contemporary depictions such as those found in comic books, etc. The dinosaurs mentioned weren't even from the same epoch (stegosaurs lived during the Jurassic period, while ankylosaurs existed during the Cretaceous). The only source where these creatures have been erroneously depicted as existing together is in early fiction.

IMHO it's more than improbable that creatures from eras millions of years apart could have survived unchanged and in the same geological location.

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#34    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:51 AM

it's not like the oxygen and food was there one day and gone the next... it took a long time for the earth to change, leaving plenty of time for dinosaurs to adapt and maybe even evolve

Fatal flaw here...yes, the O2 levels did not change overnight, but they did change to fast for dinosaurs to keep up...Thus they died.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#35    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:42 AM

Fatal flaw here...yes, the O2 levels did not change overnight, but they did change to fast for dinosaurs to keep up...

Maybe.  Maybe not.

#36    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

You're starting to sound like creeper ohmy.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#37    Twitch98

Twitch98

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

• Syncronicity can't explain ALL the strangeness

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

"Modern" paleontology has only existed for like 175 years.  No one excavated complete fossils and analysed them or assembled them in a 3 dimensional way.   Though people from times before that did find huge fossilized bones they accepted them as dragons or monsters from mythology.

Posted Image
Many of us only wish to discuss the possibilities.

#38    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

"Modern" paleontology has only existed for like 175 years.  No one excavated complete fossils and analysed them or assembled them in a 3 dimensional way.   Though people from times before that did find huge fossilized bones they accepted them as dragons or monsters from mythology.

Thats really cool Twitch98.  

So if they knew what many species of dinosaurs looked like, they couldn't have gottten the idea from fossils, right?  I bet they saw them first hand.

#39    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

So if they knew what many species of dinosaurs looked like, they couldn't have gottten the idea from fossils, right?  I bet they saw them first hand.

I believe that's the exact opposite of what twitch just said, perhaps I'm wrong.

And no, they did not know what many species of dinosaurs looked like. As I've said before, many of the creatures depicted either barely resemble any dinosaur, or are so vague they could be called anything.

#40    Twitch98

Twitch98

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:56 PM

No I don't think they saw dinos 1sthand.  It's as I said people were intelligent enough to understand that if they found a huge femur that it came from an animal proportionately much larger then humans.  They did not have the idea to excavate all the material and assemble it in a manner that portrayed the extinct animal.  If they found a skull with big teeth they knew it was a monsterous animal.  Since there were no studies into extinct species before the 1800s they imagined all sorts of things.

Certainly there were living animals like crocodiles and Kimodo dragons to titillate some people into imagining what mythical animals were like- dragons, sea monsters, etc.  There is just no fossile evidence that spans the time eras when even guys like Australopithecus lived 4 million years ago to any surviving dinosours that recently.  Only 17 million years ago Ramapithicus was the forerunner for all subsequent hominids. Ancestry of Ramapithicus is not certain but it did not reach back to the last days of the dinosaurs.

Posted Image

#41    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

And no, they did not know what many species of dinosaurs looked like. As I've said before, many of the creatures depicted either barely resemble any dinosaur, or are so vague they could be called anything.

RX7 is right here...The skull of a dinosaur can give a pretty menancing image to people.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#42    the_h0llow_earth

the_h0llow_earth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

RX7 is right here...The skull of a dinosaur can give a pretty menancing image to people.

yea.  Cause if dinos did go extinct 65 mil yrs ago then they wouldn't have known that.  To them, the skull would have been of some species that was still alive.  Scary.

#43    The Carnivore

The Carnivore

Therapsid

• 2,875 posts

• Once known as Sadistic Jellyfish of Doom.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

[attachmentid=26664]

See photos on my website:   http://MexicanArchaeology.tripod.com
Most of these were discovered by a German Archaeologist between 1922 and 1954. Many are now on display in a museum in Acambaro, Guanajuato, Mexico. Carbon dating has been done in 3 separate locations.  All agree on the approximate time of modeling.
How is this possible when we didn't know what dinosaurs looked like until about 200 years ago?

Those dont even look remotely like any dinosaurs I know of...
And I know of alot.

ಠ_ಠ

#44    Twitch98

Twitch98

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

Well Hollow, that's the key isn't it?  It's all relativity in that some farmer in 1405 plowing turns up a skull from 80 million years ago and not knowing that the beast didn't die a few years ago.  Their conclusions were rightfully founded on their best deductions.  Simply because later scholars unraveled the mysteries of fossils doesn't mean the guys in 1405 weren't correct given what they had as information.  If you'd find a cow's skull in the ground you could figure there were cows around there at some time, maybe recently.

All we know is that excavating fossils, cleaning them and assembling them to envision the living 3-D animal somewhat wasn't commenced until the early 1800s.  Visualizing from a skull found is one thing but it is unlikely anyone envisioned the whole animal without assembling the skeletal remains.

We must remain open to the possibility that a fossil was found in situ that was properly aligned, albiet in 2 dimensional form, without the bones having been strewn about before it was covered.  In that way the finder could speculate visually about the animal.  Such skeletons have been found lying in proper proportion and one can readily visualize the animal.

That is a plausible explanition, someone modeled these clays off of visual interpretation of nearly intact skeletal remains...not from living animals. original.gif

Posted Image

#45    Bosanchero

Bosanchero

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:01 AM

But we were taught that because of science...You don't want to teach something that has no evidence for and a lot of evidence against.
Dinosaur graveyards. They could be good at guessing and base it of the lizards of the area, like rock iguanas.
And I will say that your theory has no evidence whatsoever. Zero. Mine does...who should you believe?

i still belive HIM over you
in my experience people that think THEY KNOW EVERYTHING are prone to making many mistakes and covering them up

Dec 15 wub.gif

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over

when.i.am.queen., on Jan 10 2007, 06:57 AM, said:

Here is a crazy thought

... perhaps.....not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users