Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Before Time

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,190 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:54 PM

true, but the string theory and multiverse sound reasonable. I guess we'll debunk or figure out the right theory in a few hundred years, as our technology develops.

They may sound reasonable but they have very little evidence to support them. String theory is an attempt to explain the wave/particle duality of quantum particles and is not in conflict with the big bang.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 01 August 2006 - 11:54 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#32    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:00 AM

They may sound reasonable but they have very little evidence to support them. String theory is an attempt to explain the wave/particle duality of quantum particles and is not in conflict with the big bang.

well, in some concepts it is. Big bang theory is based on a singlearity that somehow exploded into matter and anti-matter, matter had the advantage. String theory is based on the concept tof two colliding 'bubbles' (or two univeres) which made our universe 'explode' into existance. hmm... actually there could be a link between those two theories.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#33    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,190 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

well, in some concepts it is. Big bang theory is based on a singlearity that somehow exploded into matter and anti-matter, matter had the advantage. String theory is based on the concept tof two colliding 'bubbles' (or two univeres) which made our universe 'explode' into existance. hmm... actually there could be a link between those two theories.

What you are describing is not String Theory. String Theory states that what standard physics thinks of as particles with 0 dimensions are actually one dimensional "strings". How these "strings" vibrate determine the properties of the particles. String theory has several different versions. Depending on which version of string theory you believe they predict that the universe has between 10 and 26 spatial dimensions.

Wikipedia article: String Theory

I think what you are refering to is Brane cosmology. This is a possible although not necessary consequence of superstring theory. However this theory states that the two colliding branes (or bubbles as you call them) created the big bang, so it is not an alternative to the big bang but an attempt to explain how it occured.

Wikipedia article: Brane Cosmology

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#34    shun

shun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:24 AM

note to self- they don't read what I post...

Edited by shun, 02 August 2006 - 04:02 AM.

#35    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:30 AM

What you are describing is not String Theory. String Theory states that what standard physics thinks of as particles with 0 dimensions are actually one dimensional "strings". How these "strings" vibrate determine the properties of the particles. String theory has several different versions. Depending on which version of string theory you believe they predict that the universe has between 10 and 26 spatial dimensions.

Wikipedia article: String Theory

I think what you are refering to is Brane cosmology. This is a possible although not necessary consequence of superstring theory. However this theory states that the two colliding branes (or bubbles as you call them) created the big bang, so it is not an alternative to the big bang but an attempt to explain how it occured.

Wikipedia article: Brane Cosmology

ah >.< its been a long while since I last spoke about the string theory. Thank for clearing my confusion up  happy.gif

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#36    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,333 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostUltima Nemesis, on 04 July 2006 - 05:00 PM, said:

I was just thinking...

What came before the big bang?
Don't tell me it's nothing because I refuse to believe it!
How can there be nothing? And if there was, what caused the big bang?
Also, what's inside a black hole? More nothing? Even though they suck in so much.

style_emoticons/default/alien.gif  style_emoticons/default/alien.gif  style_emoticons/default/alien.gif
The beauty of God is that , no one will ever be able to answer that.

#37    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,333 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

In the book of Enoch , black holes were spoken about. Like , portals or something ??

#38    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,333 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

my thoughts are , does  time effect the abode of where time is non existent ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users