Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Possible Evidence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
295 replies to this topic

#1    Astrocreep

Astrocreep

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Your mind is like a parachute. It doesnt work if it's not open. Just don't have it so open that bugs fly in.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:02 AM

I have viewed this video a couple times and have looked for a simple way to debunk it from a skeptics point of view, but I am finding it hard too find a simple solution to disprove it. I myself am becoming a beliver through personal experiences and have looked at these experiences in retrospect to find any evidence that would disprove the event in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w86hDdUD03o

If you have any solutions I would like to hear them.

Posted Image
"...and I heard the King in Yellow whispering to my soul: "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!"'
Robert W. Chambers-"In the Court of the Dragon"

Posted Image

#2    angrycrustacean

angrycrustacean

pǝʇsıʍʇ

• 3,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

Very nicely done video, I don't immediately see any way it could have been faked. This is literally the most convincing video I've seen yet, but I'm still going to reserve judgment. What magicians do often seems impossible as well, so it's really hard to judge this kind of thing from a video, or even live. It'd be nice if these people got themselves tested under objective, controlled circumstances, because until that is done, it can be very difficult to make accurate decisions regarding their validity.

Posted Image

#3    Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage

Mutant Gene Nullifier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Fear not...for I am watchful.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

This has been debunked many times in the past and with good reason. The answers is the application of heat.

"Because you're worth it..... "

#4    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:11 AM

Well you can't see what the guy is doing underneathe the table...could be a magnet or somethin

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#5    Hissie Sola

Hissie Sola

Phantom Of The Forest

• 3,611 posts

• No circle is complete without its center.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

Well you can't see what the guy is doing underneathe the table...could be a magnet or somethin

How can you move a piece of paper with a magnet?

And this is kinda off topic, but why do people always use their hands when they are  doing telekinesis? If it is done with your mind, pointing your hands/fingers at something would be quite useless.

Edited by the_scorpion, 12 July 2006 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image

#6    teledude

teledude

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

I have seen that video and have it saved actually to bad i didn't show it earlier on.

Edited by teledude, 12 July 2006 - 10:58 AM.

Teledude

Empathic, feeling the pain of others, emotionally and psyically www.freewebs.com/empath16

#7    IceStorm

IceStorm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• There Is A War Coming...
    There Will Be One Question You Will Have To Answer...
    Who Will YOU Stand With?

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

And this is kinda off topic, but why do people always use their hands when they are  doing telekinesis? If it is done with your mind, pointing your hands/fingers at something would be quite useless.

its just for a visual for us... its easier to see it moving when you have your hand by it, i dont really know why i just know that it helps.

and bio mage, this video was never debunked, you just gave your opinion on it and the only thing that you could come up with was that heat from your hands would create thermals in the air that would rotate the wheel, but how would you go about moving it in different directions?

Your Limits Are What You Make Them

They Wish To Cure Us...
But I Say We Are The Cure...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8    domino360

domino360

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

its cuz your hands are easy to visualize because theyre the thing you see most of... try seeing energy flowing frome your hands pretty easy considering how hard it is to see it flowing from your knee

#9    kariudo115

kariudo115

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

that and energy dissapates exponentially the further away an object is from the source, and since most people dont have complete controll of the energy, putting your hands close would maximize the % of energy that reached its intended target (psi-wheel)

that, and heat doesnt affect something that precicely

#10    IceStorm

IceStorm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• There Is A War Coming...
    There Will Be One Question You Will Have To Answer...
    Who Will YOU Stand With?

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:54 PM

that and energy dissapates exponentially the further away an object is from the source, and since most people dont have complete controll of the energy, putting your hands close would maximize the % of energy that reached its intended target (psi-wheel)

that, and heat doesnt affect something that precicely

lol thank you thats what we were trying to tell him in the other topic but he wouldnt listen. thumbsup.gif

Your Limits Are What You Make Them

They Wish To Cure Us...
But I Say We Are The Cure...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11    Ness of Psionix

Ness of Psionix

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

• I challenge any "skeptic" to adopt an open mind and legitimately try Psionics for one month. You want proof? Here's your chance.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:30 PM

lol thank you thats what we were trying to tell him in the other topic but he wouldnt listen. thumbsup.gif

I highly doubt the heat from a person's hands would heat the air, the jar, then the air inside the jar.

It sounds like skeptics have run out of ways to debunk psi wheels, or at least ones in closed containers.

My Psionics site - www.psionix.co.nr

#12    kariudo115

kariudo115

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

ima make a videop identical to that exept with boiling cups of water nearby instead of hands, and see if the heat theory for something like this is accurate--how far away would you say the hands were, 4 inches?

#13    Reader519

Reader519

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:11 AM

That is a very nice video, however I believe that there is something to be said for the old saying "believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."

I do not know how that video could have been faked, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have been faked.

#14    Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage

Mutant Gene Nullifier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Fear not...for I am watchful.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

Let me give you all a clue before you rejoice in provinbg the heat theory wrong....

They never use hands to heat the jar...

"Because you're worth it..... "

#15    Hissie Sola

Hissie Sola

Phantom Of The Forest

• 3,611 posts

• No circle is complete without its center.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

Let me give you all a clue before you rejoice in provinbg the heat theory wrong....

They never use hands to heat the jar...

That still doesn't explain the wheel turning in different directions.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users