Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 11 votes

Was Jesus an Annunaki?

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#1006    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Could we stop using the words "retard" and "retarded"? I don't honestly care who started it, but I find that word very offensive. My cousin's son has a mental disability and when I see the pain that those words have caused, I think that in UM we are better than that. Thanks.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#1007    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 09 April 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Could we stop using the words "retard" and "retarded"? I don't honestly care who started it, but I find that word very offensive. My cousin's son has a mental disability and when I see the pain that those words have caused, I think that in UM we are better than that. Thanks.
Sorry if the word is 'hurt full' but i would like to clarify that i used it more to describe an idea and not a person. Sorry to hear about your cousin's son, though there is a big difference between Autism and Mental retardation.
Some people have normal mental functioning (physiologically) and still give suggestions that seem to come from mentally deficient individuals, am not speaking about people suffering from any disease,for whom i have only sympathy.

#1008    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,920 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 April 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Fabrication or more like personal interpretations? Just like interpreting any other ancient text, including Egyptian heiroglyphs. Sitchin put forward his own interpretations of the text and the akkadian,summerian libraries are full of interpretations of their own of the same lost ancient culture. Sitchin's suggestions may have a connection to the ancient gold mines in Africa. Also have you never wondered why we still are so crazy about the yellow metal?
Okay.

Sitchin's "personal interpretation" of the undeniable translation that the Anunna were busy creating the world as we know it (landscaping, basically, on a grand scale of course) is that they were busy mining for gold.

This is, somehow, not a fabrication in your mind.

I get it.  You're an idiot.

My son is also "retarded."  Today, they call it autistic. Whatever Harsh's "personal interpretation" of the term might be.

It is normal for unaffected persons to be ignorant on the subject of autism spectrum disorder.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 09 April 2013 - 12:36 PM.

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#1009    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Sorry if the word is 'hurt full' but i would like to clarify that i used it more to describe an idea and not a person. Sorry to hear about your cousin's son, though there is a big difference between Autism and Mental retardation.
Some people have normal mental functioning (physiologically) and still give suggestions that seem to come from mentally deficient individuals, am not speaking about people suffering from any disease,for whom i have only sympathy.

TheSearcher is right. "Retard" and "retarded" are inappropriate and have no place in such a context. I had a friend whose oldest boy suffered from down syndrome, so I'm familiar with the problems these terms cause.

There is no place for such words at UM. I will delete posts that contain them from this point forward.

Thanks.

Edited by kmt_sesh, 09 April 2013 - 11:27 PM.
Spelling

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#1010    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 09 April 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Fabrication or more like personal interpretations? Just like interpreting any other ancient text, including Egyptian heiroglyphs. Sitchin put forward his own interpretations of the text and the akkadian,summerian libraries are full of interpretations of their own of the same lost ancient culture. Sitchin's suggestions may have a connection to the ancient gold mines in Africa. Also have you never wondered why we still are so crazy about the yellow metal?

It was Sitchin's suggestion and not any fabrication,please quote Sitchin saying that this particular event of annuna digging gold etc has been verbatim described in any of these ancient texts. He is putting a proposition that he believes,wouldn't call it a fabrication of any sort.

Personal interpretations are irrelevant. If the "interpreter" is not adhering to what the ancient texts say in whatever script they appear, his interpretation is of no use.

Sitchin always staunchly avoided any occasion where he would have to display an ability to transcribe, transliterate, or translate ancient texts. The reason for this is simple: he did not possess the ability to do so. Therefore, his "interpretations" are fraudulent, misleading, and pointless.

I can translate Egyptian hieroglyphs and can present the appropriate transcriptions, transliterations, and translations to demonstrate my work. I cannot do this with other ancient scripts, nor would I ever pretend to have a command of them. I personally find such pretensions and falsehoods to be childish.

Sitchin is wrong. He always will be wrong. Period. He's been dead for several years now, and to this day his fictional writings have had no effect on even the most basic precepts of professional orthodox historical research. This alone clarifies the issue definitively.

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1011    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,115 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postdrew hempel, on 22 September 2006 - 02:24 AM, said:

Sorry but Jesus never existed!  You've been had!!

We know Jesus existed, because he was documented by the Romans who administered what is now Israel.
Whether or not you believe he was a prophet, or the son of God, is another matter.

#1012    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Dear Harte,

I know we cross swords in forum politics but personal stuff is different, i was sad to hear that your boy was autistic, they need lots of care and can run off, it must be a lot of pressure on your family!

Some that are autistic have very special gifts, perhaps in music, dates, art or numbers, if they are there you will see it as he grows up, with you being a school teacher, few are Savant's though, sometimes compensations apply, i hope your son lives a life that is special for him as he grows up, and to you and your family, regardless of the pressures on your family!

Obviously few who are autistic are Savants, but i think most have special gifts if you can find them and give them free spirit, but keep them feeling secure!

http://en.wikipedia....Savant_syndrome

Edited by monk 56, 09 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#1013    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,459 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postacute, on 09 April 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

We know Jesus existed, because he was documented by the Romans who administered what is now Israel.
Whether or not you believe he was a prophet, or the son of God, is another matter.

I personally feel there's no reason to doubt the existence of an historical Jesus—distinctions must be made—but where exactly did the Romans document him?

Posted Image

Visit My Blog!

#1014    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hi Kmt Sesh,

I agree, but don't think that Romans would give an unbiased picture to go forward, sticking me out in the wind in astronomy, i would look to the early years of Bethlehem, however don't trust me, there is corruption in all religion....but you don't have a date for Birth or Death of Jesus,,,,funny!

Hell, there is much i could be wrong in, but thread section #335 on link below must ring some bells, at least i get to THIRD CENTURY!

http://www.unexplain...c=232340&st=330

Unconnected, is my statement to Harte, don't bite me, those that have no idea about Autistic people must have a starting point to understanding, obviously Hollywood films are not the way to go, but gives an impression that must be enlarged, Mercury Rising is fiction but gives an impression about Autistic People and has empathy, but to get any knowledge YOU MUST GO FURTHER INTO REALITY, any impression i give is only starting point!!!!

#1015    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Sorry about last statement, i'm passionate about disabled, but i would be, truthful address below, at least i'm not useless, whatever, i try my way to make a difference!

http://2012forum.com...=4548&mode=view

#1016    TheGreatBeliever

TheGreatBeliever

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

• My god its almost year end again!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

quite a number of tell tale signs that it could be true. jesus rising to the heavens, separation of the red sea, the very blinding bright light.... all these hints to alien technology

#1017    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostHarte, on 09 April 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Okay.

Sitchin's "personal interpretation" of the undeniable translation that the Anunna were busy creating the world as we know it (landscaping, basically, on a grand scale of course) is that they were busy mining for gold.

This is, somehow, not a fabrication in your mind.

I get it.  You're an idiot.

My son is also "retarded."  Today, they call it autistic. Whatever Harsh's "personal interpretation" of the term might be.

It is normal for unaffected persons to be ignorant on the subject of autism spectrum disorder.

Harte
Firstly i will displace your first point in my answer to the second position:
Autistic people are often highly creative or intelligent people,the intelligence they poses is of the type which is difficult for us to understand as it is disconnected from our perception of the world and normality, most of the autistic people are endowed with superb gifts which are often not developed or noticed by us because we think they are "retarded".
Your son is different,and by different i don't mean in a general sense,he is not retarded or deficient in intelligence. He perceives the world in a way which is different from yours or society, he maybe having raw intelligence which may be more then both our brains put together.Just because he doesn't know how to express it to impress us doesn't mean he doesn't have it.
Calling an Autistic person a 'retard' is an insult borne out of ignorance, it is the prime example of how we treat people,thoughts that are different from our own and do not concur with our notions of reality.

Mental retardation can be more appropriately used for people suffering from 'Downs Syndrome' etc,it is caused purely by physiological barriers for the normal functioning of the brain, whereas an autistic person processes information differently,his/her brains are perfectly capable of functioning normally and often the visual data processing centre or the mathematical,logical and reasoning centres of their brains are way more powerful then ours.They can be the source of great creativity or invention or discovery if harnessed properly and if the person in charge can channel their intelligence in a way that us so called normal people can appreciate.

If your Son is Autistic and you have got him diagnosed, never ever call him a retard even if some two bit doctor tells you so.He is vulnerable to the LYNCH MOB called society and his worth will entirely depend on your perception of him so please don't trivialize the difference between a retard and a autistic.Your Son is gifted.

Now coming back to Sitchin:
He put his interpretation out for people to read and analyse,he is not throwing a degree in people's face and telling them to believe him as he is smarter then them.If you wan't to consider original ideas,or hypothesizing as a fabrication then you are welcome to do so.But don't forget that most of the mainstream version of ancient history should also be called fabrications then.

My definition of an 'idiot': a person who thinks he/she is smarter then everyone else and knows everything.(surprisingly the adjectives can be used for majority of mainstream academia as well)

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 10 April 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#1018    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

So what do you call a person that wilfully misinterprets something and ignores each and every fact that challenges said interpretation? Because to me that is called liar or fraud. This goes beyond original ideas or hypothesises.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#1019    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 10 April 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

So what do you call a person that wilfully misinterprets something and ignores each and every fact that challenges said interpretation? Because to me that is called liar or fraud. This goes beyond original ideas or hypothesises.
Each side can accuse the other of being a Lair and Fraud when the matter is subject to personal interpretation. Sitchin didn't write his book to challenge other interpretations but to put his own interpretation and reasoning in public domain, that can hardly be called Fraud and he can hardly be called a Lair. This sort of slandering is mostly done by in doctrined people or people who have a tendency to run to a big brother to ask if something is true or false instead of using their own critical thinking faculties if they have any. Now you can decide who your big brother is or you can get deeper into the matter and evaluate how mainstream scholars have translated the texts and how Sitchin has translated the texts/evidence.
You might be surprised that the Mainstream translators may have made bigger assumptions then Sitchin did and have ignored much evidence to the contrary to make the texts/evidence fit their mental image of the Summerians and others. They assume that Summerians couldn't have been aware that there are 9 planets (i have not demoted Pluto yet) in our Solar system and then interpret the evidence,which i feel is an intellectual dishonesty.
The fight here is more about the frame of reference in which the evidence is interpreted. Sitchin's translations are more visceral and he uses modern technological terms as well,he doesn't leave out the possibility that these people could have had knowledge that we consider modern.

#1020    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 10 April 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

I personally feel there's no reason to doubt the existence of an historical Jesus—distinctions must be made—but where exactly did the Romans document him?
There was a very good debate that is saved here at UM,one of the participants was TIGGS who is also a moderator. He pointed out in his posts that there is no first source evidence to verify the existence of Jesus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users