Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

The weird dreams thread!

• Please log in to reply
1353 replies to this topic

#706    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

I can recall having a rather nasty dream some years ago where I was sitting in the basement of my grandparents house, just chilling and playing video games or whatever, when all of a sudden my sister came down the staircase to my left and started freaking about something. I just ignored her until my mother came down and then they both started causing a commation, so I got up to check it out.

What I saw on the side of the staircase was some sort of weird, ugly, gigantic catapiller thing. My sister took her shoe off and was trying to smack it but she kept missing, so I just took her shoe and I squished the damn thing pretty hardcore (I made an awful mess) After I did this the catapiller thing started shaking and quivering since it was fatally wounded, but then it started "mutating" and started reforming itself...it changed into this grouteqse adbomination that I can only describe as a bloody snowman Christmas tree ornament" type thing...

Upon seeing this horrible adbomination I was shocked and scared, but still managed to kill it again by squishing it with the shoe and smearing it all over the stairecase, as I wanted to make sure this thing wouldn't "regenerate" again...and then I woke up.
I have no idea what the hell made me think of that, but was it was always one of the few dreams I've always been able to remember on standby.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#707    Morgan le Fay

Morgan le Fay

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have this weird recurring dream since few years ago. It always involves fishes (in variety-big to small) jumping out of water/ocean, landing on the floor/sand and gasping for air. No matter how hard i try to put them back into the water, they just keep struggling (i can actually feel the strength of their body in my dream), until they are no longer within my grasp. But the fishes never die. They just keep struggling on the floor/sand, gasping for air. In dreams, i feel so hopeless and helpless because no one else is there to help. Often i will wake up at that moment, and feel sad for a short while.

The dream is not considered as scary, but it troubles me all the time. I often wonder what should i do to put them back into the water, and prevent them from jumping out next time i dream.

I wonder anyone has the same kind of dream?

#708    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sure are weird dreams flying around in here.

I once dreamed of having a huge cow that behaved just like a dog and for some weird reason she was also my grandfather. Don't know how that was supposed to work, it just kinda was in the dream!

Posted Image

#709    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

I had a lucid dream last night where I just knew I was dreaming. I think I first went lucid from seeing 'slayer' written on the windscreen of my car from the dust with a funny 's' but then I was inside somewhere(I forget parts). Anyway so I decided to climb up the walls like a lizard. I moved around like that for alittle on all fours sticking to the walls. Then I stood up for more of a challange so I wasnt using my hands to grip. It's more of a challange because of having to overcome the thought of gravity. Anyway I walked around the room like that as well and then I walked onto the ceiling.

So I stood upside down on the ceiling and I thought how the ceiling needed a good clean. Like how it never gets cleaned. So I grabbed a broom from somewhere and started to sweep away the dust. As I did this the ceiling revealed that it was royal blue and it looked pretty nice. It had been hidden by the dust. After a while it felt like I wasnt standing upside down at all even though I was still on the ceiling. And a person I knew from school started to fill the ceiling(floor)with water to clean it even more.

The water was deep enough to cover your foot when I thought we should let it out so it doesnt crack the paint or the ceiling itself. So we did(with cups I think and a siphon,I forget)and it left it all looking nice royal blue with just slightly cracked paint which actually gave it an old painting style look. So it looked like a piece of art with the edges of the ceiling still being white as like a frame.

Edited by Kazahel, 29 May 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#710    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I had a very strange yet powerful dream last night.

I was in this beautiful house it was huge, and had these amazing gardens in the backyard. I was standing at the back door, which was like a glass wall, I could see the back yard perfectly. At first it was bright and beautiful but as I was looking out it began to rain. It became clear to me that it had been raining for a long time, a really long time. The whole back yard was turning into swamps, the whole world was. I got the sense that me and the people who were with me (my family and a few other people, there was also two children who I did't recognize.) were waiting it out inside this house. I kept looking out hoping to see and end to the rain but it wouldn't come.  The world was now dark and covered in water, only a few areas of land visible from my view.

Then something began coming out of the water, it was like a swamp creature, some kind of mutant beings covered in slime. They looked like animals but at the same time had some weird humanoid aspect to them. They were covered in some nasty black stuff, looked like animals coming out of an oil spill. At first they were dragging themselves they had no cordination or sense, they remained "beached" for a while, for lack of better term. Slowly the creatures began to make more coordinated movements they seemed to be trying to stand up. From this it went to the things trying to come in the house, full on zombie invasion style. I was now upstairs with the little girl, looking out a window at the creatures down below. I pulled the little girl into a corner and was hugging her trying to shield her from seeing what was going on. All of a sudden a man opens a tile in the ceiling and says we have to go and pulls us up to where he is.  Once up there he again tells me, You must go, go to the desert by the mountains. Next thing I know me and the little girl are traveling trough the desert, I see nothing but sand all around us. The End.

This dream was so crazy, and so real. Left a weird feeling.... I felt I had to share.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#711    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Interesting Dharma, there is more to that than meets the eye I feel. It validates something going on astrically that i was sensing too last night. It's interesting you were guided out of that layer and to a more clear space. Thanks for posting.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#712    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I don't know if it means anything but I had a dream last night where I had parked my car outside a bar-like restaurant and went inside, later when I came out I couldn't find my car. I knew, in the dream, that I had parked it in front of the establishment, just a few spaces down so I looked and looked thinking that maybe my father had moved it but it was nowhere to be found and realized that someone had might have stolen it.

I have had dreams like this for years involving the car where I either couldn't find it or couldn't recall where it was parked.
I also had recent dreams of being in a shopping mall and it is about to close or something, as I walk around, I look at the various shops yet most either seem to look as if they're going out of business or sparsely stocked or just have boring stuff.
Again often I either cannot remember where I came in at and/or I cannot find the car. Sometimes it is dark outside and other times it is still daylight.
But when it comes to the stores, almost always they look like they are interesting but upon closer inspection they really have nothing to offer.

Weird.

#713    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

I had this maybe 4 or 5 days ago. It wasn't a weird dream, but how I perceived it was. It was a nightmare. My usual type (pretty much every nightmare I've had in recent years), because it involves this witch in some way.  The settings and situations always different, but the "witch" the same.

In this one I was with a family of four and they wanted to take me to a place they like. It ended up being a graveyard, but unlike how I normally would be scared of this, it wasn't scary to me. It was more beautiful, which was weird. The statues and stuff were nice. We went to one statue, and it was of the witch, but she wasn't all "witched" out like she normally is, just a young statue version of her. This should have gotten m e really scared, but I wasn't. I sprayed something at it, and the mom got mad at me. I said sorry, I was just playing, or it wasn't a big deal. The teenage son got mad then and turned into a zombie monster thing. He started chasing me, so I turned to run. The dad started to run away too, and said to me something like "you can't stop him" or "he's gonna get you", in a scared way as we ran. The boy started running super fast, and I realized there was no escape, so I just stopped, ready to get attacked. His mouth opened wide as he got close; long sharp teeth.

I woke up then, not out of extreme fear like a normal nightmare, but more a moment of extreme anticipation waiting to get most likely killed. I realized as I woke up, though, that I wasn't ever scared in the dream or even right after waking up. I found this idea of having a nightmare that didn't scare me very weird. It's like an oxymoron, but nevertheless, there it was.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#714    magnoliaReverie

magnoliaReverie

Poltergeist

• 2,933 posts

• In the end, we'll all become stories.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Had a weird one last night that I can't figure out. I don't remember anything up to a certain point, then its all very vivid.
I was with a few people looking around what i feel like was a zoo.  I see a woman holding a baby tiger cub. She's laying down in a newborn"cage" (brackets because the cage is glass, looks more  like another room) and she's smiling but looks very protective and nurturing.
She comes out to show me the baby, its a newborn, she's cleaning off white mucousy stuff from it. (similar to vernix)
Something strange is that the tiger looks very similar to a human baby, fur is sparse and looks like short human hair but we know in the dream that its because it is a newborn and as it grows, it will change to be a normal tiger..

#715    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

I had a few lucid dreams last night. I'll leave out some of them and some details to keep it shorter though.

I was in the city and I realised I was dreaming so I started to fly straight up higher than the skyscrapers, I stopped and looked around/down. Then the Starships song by Nicki got stuck in my head and I started to sing the chorus. "Starships were meant to fly.." lol. When I did this I turned and looked up and continued to fly higher. I flew past white four sided pyramids which had an open base that were floating in the sky. There were a few of them and I flew past them as I climbed up into orbit. I kept flying further away so when I tured next the Earth was like a ball of blue ruffly twice the size of a basketball. I thought for a moment how I might crash back to Earth for fun(skydive)and land in the ocean but then I started to sing again. It just popped back into my head.

So I turned and flew 'higher than a' and kept flying out into space. The stars were dancing like fireworks.

Then I think I woke up and went back into another lucid dream where I was in the middle east somewhere and I was flying near a building which had a middle eastern lady looking out of the window at me. She wore a white muslim headdress. I flew past and turned around and said a very happy hello to her. She said hello back but then said something about people who were fighting in the street around the corner.

So I flew around the corner and found a group of people who were arguing over something and I landed in between them to separate them. I was all white and glowing and dressed in a robe I think. Then I did a funny thing that I dont usually do and I turned both my hands upwards to show my palms and I said to them something like "please do not fight anymore" in a very peaceful manner. It was odd for me to do this and they all stopped straight away.

One of the men was saying a name I cant remember and then something about the original king of Persia being back. So I said to them "please dont take offence but who is this king of Persia?".  The man then said a name a few times but I couldnt understand it because he said it very fast. So I looked at him like I couldnt catch it and he turned to me and got quite close and pronounced it slower. He said " Deh Shaul". Which I understood, then I think I woke up or the dream changed.

I spent the rest of the dreaming trying to remember this name. I was sitting in an office somewhere and I was writing down this name with another person so I wouldnt forget it. I was writing on anything I could find and I was copying it also from the type of sign you find on an office desk to show whos desk it is.  The name was written in green and black and there was many other details added (something about recruiting and 71/72 thunders). Which I was writing as well but I mainly just wanted to remember the name.

Anyway it was weird to be so peaceful.

Edited by Kazahel, 06 June 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#716    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I had a dream I arrived at a bridge on the freeway and was waiting to pay the toll.

To do this, I and everyone else had to drop off our car to a valet before coming up to the money taker, pay the toll on foot, then wait at the other end for a valet to come get our car for us, so we could get back in and go over the bridge.

That is not at all efficient!

Edited by _Only, 06 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#717    Dibbons

Dibbons

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

This wasn't the weirdest dream of my life...it was the best dream I've ever had. Anyway like three days ago, I dreamt that I had telekinesis. I saved my Dad's life using it and I was like really strong with it. Anyways, in my dream everyone had it, but there were only a few people including me who were really strong with it. My whole dream after saving my Dad was me having fun with my ability and training to get stronger with it :/. It felt real though and i was so happy i cried when i first used the telekinesis or whatever it was. Honestly, I wish I never woke up, but I'm not saying that I want to die or anything, it's just that I'm not really good at anything and in this dream I was actually gifted and talented. When i woke up, i tried moving my remote control, but it didn't. I was sad after that. I still can't get that dream out of my head. I felt like it meant something i don't know...but yeah theres my dream. Most of it showing off my "gift" or whatever...

#718    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

I had a quick weird one last night where I dreamt I was sitting in the back of my ute which was just street parked in my home town on one of the main roads in the center of town.

The back of the ute was fully filled up with soapy water and I was sitting in the back washing just a few pieces of cutlery. An older guy walked past and saw what I was doing and said to me "art hey" and I said yeah kinda while I threw a washed knife into a seperate tray of water to rinse off the bubbles.

Then I had nothing left to wash so I treated it as a bath. I said to the man that I like to watch the sunrise but then quickly corrected myself and said sunset because it was actually the sun setting. I said something like many people miss the sunset because they are inside or something like that. He agreed and walked away. And I just relaxed in the bath in the middle of town watching the sunset.

A lady saw me in the distance and changed her direction to walk past and I just acted normally as if yep I'm just having a bath. lol. It was actually pretty cool, amusing and quite different. I did think though towards the end how I'm going to have to make a naked leap out and into the car because I dont have a towel or any clothes. But I didnt care much.

#719    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Wow, I have a great one!

I was looking at a discography of the band Paramore last night before bed, and saw they had a song "Monster" that wasn't on any albums. So I went onto YouTube to hear it. When I typed "Monster" in the search, the first result was Monster by the band Skillet. I didn't listen to it or pay much of any attention to it, then found the song I was looking for and listened to it.

So later that night at some point I had a dream. I can't remember any aspect of the dream except that at some point I was listening to a song, "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace. But it was slightly different. I remember instead of animal, it was saying monster. Then I thought in the dream that I had heard this version a long time ago (connected to a personal event in my life), and realized that it was a different version of the song, done by the band Skillet. No biggie, just one of those silly dream things I figured.

So I remembered the dream this morning and went to check "Monster I Have Become" in YouTube for odd curiosity sake, and remembered after typing "monster" about searching for a song called Monster last night, and seeing that song by Skillet. Well, that's not amazing; normal dream stuff, right? Well, it amazed me for two reasons after listening to it. First, the song sounds extremely similar in ways to the "Animal I Have Become" song, and second, a lot of the comments on both songs' YouTube pages are arguing or mention how the songs are similar, or how Monster is or isn't a ripoff of "Animal I Have Become".

Again, I had never heard this "Monster" song, or even knew it, or its seemingly popular opinion of similarity to that other song, existed. And hadn't listened to that Animal I Have Become song recently. Very weird stuff.

Random coincidence? Means something? What's your opinion on it?

Animal I Have Become:

Monster:

↑ 2:07

I find it really creepy, but in a good way.

Well, until I pay attention to lyrics. :s

Edited by _Only, 12 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#720    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Weird.

I had a good night of lucid dreaming a few nights ago.  I woke up about 2:30am and from then on I was just non stop lucid dreaming until about 7:30ish. The trick is everytime you wake up from a lucid dream you dont move your body at all(not a single muscle) and just go straight back into the dream. I did that at least 5 times thoughout the night.

Anyway I'll keep it short. I realised I was dreaming when I was in a shopping center because I thought about running like an animal. I tend to run in shops in dreams so when I was in the shop it made me think to run which made me lucid. So I flew instead. I flew around and through the roof and found myself inside a cinema.

It was dark and everyone was watching the movie so I flew inside the movie screen. The movie was some computer animation thing so when I went inside the screen I was in the world of it. So I couldve continued on but I didnt want to be in that type of place, I rather a more realistic area. So I flew back out of the screen because I didnt want to move around and lose the exit.

Anyway then I tried to become a tornado which somewhat worked but not how I wanted. I was emitting orange beams from my body. I tried to spin but all that did was make it hard to see where I was going. lol. So I stopped. Then I tried to drop from high in the sky to smash the ground to make an earthquake but that didnt work like I wanted either. So I moved on.

Then I was near the Swan River and I was talking to a man with weird blue/grey eyes. I thought he was an angel/guide and so I asked him about the morals/rules of dreaming and said something about being sorry if I have done anything I shouldnt. He said to me "Only He can judge" , meaning only God can judge. When he said that I really thought I was talking to an angel and I even started to think that maybe this was actually God in disguise. I just got that feeling. I remember we said about everyone else being creations in my mind but we, I didnt count him. I thought of him as a seperate being.

Anyway then I flew around some more and next thing I know I'm in an old spitfire style plane with him flying it(well I think it was him). It was night time and stormy and an enemy fighter plane of the same style had moved into position about 50 meters behind us. So we knew we were in trouble and were going to get shot down and we couldnt lose him.

So I moved to the back of the plane and passed through it like a ghost and flew straight back about 50 meters and into the windscreen of the plane behind us. As I connected to the windscreen I used my left elbow to smash through it and I hit it really hard and went through to attack the pilot. There was no pilot though and it was just a box flying the plane. So it was like a drone or something. So I pushed the right side of plane so that it made it bank and took it off target. I think we crashed because the next thing I know I'm in a bus on the road and the bus is driving remotely as well and is dangerous for everyone.

So I waited until the bus turned to the left and then I pushed on the right and tipped over the bus so it couldnt drive anymore. I got out and was then speaking with the pilot and he was saying to me how it was a very brave and a skillful move to do(like he hadnt thought of it before). While I just said something about how I had smashed my elbow and it hurts pretty bad, I was holding it and could really feel it hurting.

Then I woke up again and this time my left elbow was hurting heaps. I was very aware that it was hurting in real life and I thought maybe I had slept on it in a weird way even though I was aware how I was positioned and it shouldnt of been a problem. It might of been because I had stayed in the same position for so long, Im not sure but I rolled over and went into another lucid dream and I was annoyed that my elbow was hurting as I feel asleep into the next dream(I need to use it in real life so I was kinda spewing I had damaged it). But when I woke up my elbow wasnt sore at all which I didnt expect. So I really dont know if I slept on it and it was just ok in the morning or if I was still feeling 'fake' pain from the dream while I was awake. It was strange.

Anyway it was a fun night. After I hurt my elbow the next dream was just flying around pretty much.

Edited by Kazahel, 13 June 2012 - 02:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users