Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yellowstone to erupt?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Roj47

Roj47

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

• If I believed the world was going to end in the next 10 years..... I would sell up and travel to see as much of it as I could.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

Whilst scanning round Google to learn more about Super-volcanoes I came across this article posted by Dee Finney.

I attach the link to a VERY LONG page just to ensite some debate.

http://www.earthmountainview.com/yellowstone/yellowstone.htm

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

yellowstone is a ticking time bomb, most people say it wont blow in our life time but with recent activity there im sorta doubting it

Posted Image

#3    Xavie

Xavie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

According to some studies the Yellowstone is actually overdue for an eruption. On the other hand the scientists only have 3 known Yellowstone eruptions to base part of their pattern on.

But also the study of all known super-volcanos suggested (supposedly) a pattern of eruptions and in that study Yellowstone is also overdue.

All that was in a show I watched while back on discovery channel, was very interesting. Basically the show stated we are overdue for super-volcano eruption and since Yellowstone is the only known active super-volcano itís itís turn.

The way my luck goes I bet it will blow the day I take my vacation there Ö.  hmm.gif

#4    Roj47

Roj47

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

• If I believed the world was going to end in the next 10 years..... I would sell up and travel to see as much of it as I could.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

According to some studies the Yellowstone is actually overdue for an eruption. On the other hand the scientists only have 3 known Yellowstone eruptions to base part of their pattern on.

But also the study of all known super-volcanos suggested (supposedly) a pattern of eruptions and in that study Yellowstone is also overdue.

All that was in a show I watched while back on discovery channel, was very interesting. Basically the show stated we are overdue for super-volcano eruption and since Yellowstone is the only known active super-volcano itís itís turn.

The way my luck goes I bet it will blow the day I take my vacation there Ö.  hmm.gif

It would be a vacation to remember.

Allegedly it is overdue by around 40,000 years, so another 1000+ won't make a huge difference, but it could be tomo....

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

The way my luck goes I bet it will blow the day I take my vacation there Ö. hmm.gif

At least you'd be finished quickly...everyone else would die slowly in a nuclear winter. ohmy.gif tongue.gif

I don't think it's going to erupt any time soon, but when it does, it won't be pretty.

#6    ArgenVert

ArgenVert

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:55 AM

There was a dramatization of what would happen if Yellowstone erupted on the Discovery Channel once. Lots of mudslides, raining ash, etc.

Posted Image

#7    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,651 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:56 AM

WOW!!! i go to school up at montana state and i just went to yellowstone wiht some buddies im actually going back in august, i suggest you guys go see it!!!! its amazing site!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#8    Corecries

Corecries

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• 'A Deja Vu that just wont quit vuing..'

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:36 AM

theres a twin volcano
.. twin volcanoes erupting before yellowstone..

#9    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:19 PM

if some quake made yellowstone go off and the fault in CA rip would be massively interesting times.  sure hope we have a unified national identity when it happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users