Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"READINGS OF OAK ISLAND MYSTERY INSCRIPTION"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#31    ThisDarkTao

ThisDarkTao

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:11 PM

I used to be fascinated by the story of the Oak Island Money Pit.

Of the various TV shows I've seen that document the discoveries there, the only conclusion reached by researchers was that it was a giant network of sleuce-like tunnels that fill with seawater upon high tide. It was also concluded that these tunnels were too advanced for a band of Pirates simply burying some ole' Doubloon booty.

Oakster, get in there, find out what's going on and get rich!

#32    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

[quote name='oakster' date='Sep 26 2006, 10:40 PM' post='1366561']
DAL HOUSIE UNIVERSITY HALIFAX NOVA SCOTIA -->
Steve Zou, P.Eng.,Ph.D.
Minning Engineer
Phone(902) 494-3977
Fax (902) 425-1037
Steve.Zou@dal.ca

Dec 1, 2005

To whom it may concern:

Re: Mr. Ranville?s discovery of the oak Island Mystery
Last Week, Mr. Keith Ranville came to see me in my office and provided a
document regarding his discovery of the Oak Island Treasure Mystery. He made a Presentation and explained his Findings.

I found that his interpretation of the inscription carved on the stone discovered in 1803 is
very different from others. I believe that his translation has some logic and is reasonable to certain degrees. If his discovery can be proven to be correct, it will have a significant impact on Canada?s heritage on the east coast. Therefore I think that his proposed project is worth consideration for support.

Sincerely
Steve Zou, P.Eng.

BEAR RIVER FIRST NATION NOVA SCOTIA-->
Bear River First Nation

P.O. BOX 210                                             PHONE: (902) 467-3802
BEAR RIVER                                                           (902) 467-3803
NOVA SCOTIA                                                FAX: (902) 467-4143
October 18, 2005

To whom it may concern:
Please be advised that Keith Ranville has met with the BEAR RIVER FIRST NATION of Nova Scotia and provided a presentation of his proposed research on Oak Island or Mahone Bay. On behalf of the Bear River First Nation, we support this project in principle and look forward to the progress of this endeavor.

Respectfully,
Chief Frank Meuse jr.

Sault Ste. Marie Museum

January 19th, 2006

To Whom It May Concern;

In the fall of 2005 Mr. Keith Ranville came to visit the Sault Ste. Marie Museum and provided an explanation of his research and his proposed project to the Museum Director / Curator.

On December 29th, 2005 the Museum received a fax from Mr. Ranville asking for a letter of support for his project.

The Management Board of Directors of the Sault Ste. Marie Museum was provided with his information package and his request at the regular meeting of January 19th, 2006.

On behalf of the Board of Directors, we support this project in principle as it relates to the history of Canada and look forward to further developments which may result.

Sincerely,

Mr. Bruce E. Pearce, President

Management Board of Directors

Sault Ste. Marie Museum

Danny Hennigar <flhs@eastlink.ca>
To: keith_ranville@hotmail.com
Subject: Oak Island
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:22:11 -0400

Keith,

Like I promised you, here is my e-mail address and letter of support.

Last evening I looked over the package of documents and drawings you have assembled and have discovered that you have spent a lot of time on this enigma.  The energy you have expended to follow your idea is impressive and I greatly respect the tenacity you have shown.  The first day I met you, this Fall, I did not really understand the depth of your commitment to this project and have come to realize you are very serious.

I support you and your quest in principle, and hope you are able to find the funding to continue your understanding of the Oak Island mystery.  I wish you luck in pursuing a better understanding as you touch base with many Mi'Kmaq elders, reserves, leaders and contacts along the way of your journey here in Nova Scotia.  To understand the present, I think one must understand the past.

Kindest regards,

Danny Hennigar
Oak Island Tourism Society
www.oakislandsociety.ca

#33    magog

magog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

[quote name='oakster' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:44 AM' post='1283180']
NEWS RELEASE

NEW READING OF MYSTERIOUS OAK ISLAND INSCRIPTIONS

Theory points to possible connection with nearby Birch Island

Whats happened here then, have they finaly milked all they can from the popularity of Oak island.  Perhaps they are in cohoots with the owners of Birch island and agreed to start making money from a 'possible link'.

This connection has been made in a previous thread, come on people can you not see a money making scam here laugh.gif

#34    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

No scam this is research that lead to discovery

keith

http://kr.mendhak.com

#35    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Thank you very much for the updates Oakster!

I'm going to have to remember to add "in principle" when I say I agree to things...

#36    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:58 PM

OAK ISLAND NEW REDISCOVERY

Re: Birch Island

Past excavations in the Oak Island past searches were not properly documented. I believe if proper professional excavations took place this Mystery would be better understood today.
This treasure discovery of the Birch Island will consist of professional conduct or no excavation at all.
This how I would like thing to be take soil samples; measurements of the Triangle area possibly use a hi end metal Detector comb the triangle and beach area for surficial evidence to support my investigations catalogue all evidence to be analyze professionally.
That would be phase one. Phase two would determine on phase ones analyzes and
Have an archeologist on site at all times during investigations.
CBC Television is interested in documenting my Investigation on Birch Island; this will better record this Heritage project for future Treasure Hunters. This treasure is in good responsible hand.

Sincerely  

Treasure Hunter

Keith Ranville

#37    Foxe

Foxe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:17 AM

Past excavations in the Oak Island past searches were not properly documented...

So how do you know the information drawn from them or any of the artifacts supposedly discovered during them are in any way accurate?

Foxe

Don't believe everything you are told. Question it, examine it, ask for the evidence and make your own mind up.

#38    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

No I researched the same known artifacts and did'nt rely on hearsay, only on acounts of what hundred of people beliefe in what they saw' if they seen symbols then that is what I believe ,rather than one or two scrupalish accounts my observation is better logically understood of this missunderstood treasure mystery.

Keith

Edited by oakster, 01 October 2006 - 08:39 PM.

#39    matthew yelle

matthew yelle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:33 AM

No I researched the same known artifacts and did'nt rely on hearsay, only on acounts of what hundred of people beliefe in what they saw' if they seen symbols then that is what I believe ,rather than one or two scrupalish accounts my observation is better logically understood of this missunderstood treasure mystery.

Keith

keith is oakster all

I chalenge him to debate with me his proof

i got mine and its based and back by fact

how bout it kieth you up for a little humble pie

#40    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

First Nations translator deciphers ancient stone as a treasure map

By ANGIE ZINCK

WESTERN SHORE - You may have heard about the Da Vinci code, but the Ranville code could be what solves the longest-running treasure hunt in recorded history.

Keith Ranville, a First Nations man, has travelled from Winnipeg to Nova Scotia in hopes of unlocking the secret codes on Oak Island. He says he has done so by re-translating one of the stones found on the island over 200 years ago.

The Oak Island Tourism Society confirms that the stone in question was first found in 1803 by the Onslow Company. Found 90 feet down the Money Pit, the stone was believed to be two feet long and 15 inches wide, weighing approximately 175 lb.

Since that time, it has been said that the inscription on the stone read "forty feet below two million pounds are buried," as transcribed by James Leitchi, a professor of languages at Dalhousie University. Some researchers have questioned this translation as Mr. Leitchi was involved in a treasure hunting company trying to sell stocks.

Today, the actual stone is lost. It was used as a hearthstone in two homes on Oak Island, but it was moved to a Halifax storefront where it went missing when the building was torn down. Its last known location was around the Centennial Pool area.

Mr. Ranville used pictures of the stone to decipher its series of shapes, lines and dots to reveal a new translation that reads more like a map.

"I've brought some new stuff to the table," he says, adding that the stone's etchings could be used to figure out the mystery of Oak Island.

By his translation, much of the digging in the Money Pit area has been a waste of time and money.

"I believe the pit wasn't meant to go beyond 100 feet," he says. "I believe it wasn't meant to go beyond these symbols."

If one were to take Mr. Ranville's code and follow it, it would lead you off Oak Island, the site of all the treasure hunting for the past 211 years, under the water of the bay and onto the neighbouring Birch Island via man-made shafts.

"The instructions at the bottom of the pit tell you about where and how to locate these shafts and I believe they're in Mahone Bay," he says.

Mr. Ranville believes the two islands are connected by these shafts. He said that aerial shots of Birch Island prove the island has been touched by human hands. These aerial shots of the 16-acre Birch Island do show a large triangle which takes up a good portion of the island landscape.

"What I want to do is investigate this island where I think these symbols lead to," he says.

Mr. Ranville has contacted the owner, Christopher Ondaatje, to inquire about doing some soil testing and exploring on the island.

In addition to being the home of the famous treasure, Mr. Ranville believes Birch Island may also be an ancient burial site for those who were involved in the original treasure-hiding scheme.

"This is a significant Nova Scotia heritage discovery and that is Canada's national treasure brought here for our guardianship long before Canada was established," he says. "We should respect the civilization that is responsible for the makings of these structures.

"They were a very unique culture and may hold the secret to many ancient structures."

Although he doesn't know who actually buried the treasure, Mr. Ranville believes Oak Island and Birch Island need to be protected from further change to unlock their true history.

At the time of this interview, Mr. Ranville had yet to hear from Mr. Ondaatje regarding the island. He says he will continue to research the island and its tales of mystery and treasure. Check out Google Earth on the World Wide Web to see satellite photos of Birch Island and its triangle.

#41    Foxe

Foxe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

The Oak Island Tourism Society confirms that the stone in question was first found in 1803 by the Onslow Company. Found 90 feet down the Money Pit, the stone was believed to be two feet long and 15 inches wide, weighing approximately 175 lb.

How can anyone possibly "confirm" anything that was "found" by the Onslow Company since Oakster tells us himself in an earlier post that "Past excavations in the Oak Island past searches were not properly documented..."?

I repeat my previous (unanswered) question:

"So how do you know the information drawn from them [the earlier excavations] or any of the artifacts supposedly discovered during them are in any way accurate?"

Foxe

Don't believe everything you are told. Question it, examine it, ask for the evidence and make your own mind up.

#42    matthew yelle

matthew yelle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

hi all,

Oakster has been exposed as a fruad,his wild assumptions that he has the true translation to a tablet that may have or may not have been found at 90 ft. in the money pit.
in all acount of the tablets the sybols that supposedly were inscribed have no known cypher weather there is a lost micmac language ,Mr. Randell has not mentioned how he found it
the translation he has not shown any proof to his findings and all he has stated is he holds a treasure trove licence .well if in fact he held such documentation he should put as much proof of his theory on this very public forum so he could be seen as the real deal.

but he does not even respond to direct communication all he does is post some pieces of paper that someone other than the ones who he says there from can type out there are no signitures so he its not forgery.also kieth will not take responcabily financially for his endevour .If his proof is as strong as he says then why don't the museum provide him a grant ,after all in his mind they are more than willing to provide him with a piece of paper that shows they support his theory .

no Oakster is a trixster and their should be no investors in his future maybe blue lights but no money,I can not believe all the press this guy is getting and for nothing even a shred of proof
to back him up.if there was a tablet with sybols on it and if those sybols are to believed to be anything there are ancient alchemy formula's that also posses those same symbols and they are real and can be seen in text.

there will be no treasure for Mr.Randell only fool's gold and sand .

no one knows who the originators are and no one knows what is burrried it is all just speculation and conjeture,even those who are currently planning future excations are going to be doing by educated guesses if there are any here who truelly want to find out about the going's on at oak Island and can manage the trip I suggest go to the Island in aug 10-12-07 for everthing will be open to the public and all the facts will be seperated from the fiction and the facts will be pressented by those who have been involved with the actuall inhabitants of oak island .

oak Island will be open to the public so bring your friends and family and offer up your ideas and veiw the history for yourself ,afterwards I think you willl have a better understand of all things Oak Island.

#43    Foxe

Foxe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

And I must confess I'm getting a little bored of his repeated failure or unwillingness to answer questions about his evidence...

Foxe

#44    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:39 AM

Lost Treasure Magazine

April 2007 Hard Copy Edition

Oak Island Update! – Cree Code Breaker Challenges 140-Year Old Cipher    
MAHONE BAY, Nova Scotia –The enigma of Oak Island has been called one of the greatest archaeological and engineering achievements of mankind. Often referred to as Canada’s best-known unsolved mystery, Oak Island proudly boasts it’s title for hosting the site of the World’s longest treasure hunt in recorded history. Now in its 212th year this 10 million dollar project that has selfishly taken the lives of six young men is no closer to being solved than it was in 1795 when three teen boys discovered a shaft here and began digging for what they believed to be pirate treasure! The boys excavated down to the 30-foot mark, exhausted and unable to continue they realized the dig would be a much larger effort then they first imagined. What the boys found as they dug convinced all three that they had indeed discovered a man-made vertical shaft of sound engineering. Their only conclusion was that it had been built to hide an enormous treasure. Knowing that a proper excavation required equipment, animals and manpower the boys set out to find investment capital. It took years but they did find an investor with whom they became the founders of the Onslow Company, the first of many treasure recovery companies that would come and go on Oak Island. To date the cost of this intoxicating treasure hunt has far exceeded ten million dollars and consigned six sturdy treasure hunters to an early grave.

Now for the first time since the 1860’s one man has come forward to challenge the translation of a cryptic message found etched into a stone that was discovered at the 90-foot mark in the original shaft in 1803 by the Onslow Company. The stone vanished about 1900 and no known image or text was preserved showing the cryptic message. However a Mahone Bay school teacher in 1909 claimed to have copied the two line, forty-character coded text directly from the stone hoping that he could break the code himself. He provided the only image of the codex known to exist stating the code was a simple letter-for-cipher that was accurately translated by Professor James Leitchi, a professor of languages at Dalhouse University in 1860’s. Leitchi’s translation reads… “Forty feet below two million pounds are buried.” Although Leitchi’s translation has never been directly challenged it has always been suspicious since a business relationship is known to have existed between Leitchi and the Oak Island Association, the 1860’s recovery company.  

Recently Keith Ranville, a Cree First Nations researcher announced his challenge of Leitchi’s translation stating… “Birch Island holds the secret to the meaning of the construction on Oak Island. According to the Lunenburg Progress Enterprise, Ranville claims that Leitchi’s method to break the code was flawed, citing that his translation using the First Nations tradition sees the codex as individual abstract symbols that were never intended to be translated into a single message. Using Ranville’s method to decipher the code, which reads more like a map, Oak Island is directly linked to its sister island, nearby Birch Island by underwater man-made shafts. He cites the repeated use of the triangle from the original inscription and points to the large triangle that he discovered on Birch Island, which is only visible from the air. The triangle on the 16-acre Birch Island takes up much of the Island, which Ranville believes is also the ancient burial grounds for those who were involved with the complex construction found on Oak Island.    

Ranville’s work offers a completely different approach to solving the Oak Island mystery. Traveling across Canada Ranville has presented his findings to a number of scholars and groups many of whom have supported his work in principal. He has been interviewed on radio programs and his currently looking for funding to help pursue his research further. Those supporting Ranville’s research include mining engineer, Steve Zou, P.Eng.,PH.D, the Bear River First Nation of Nova Scotia, the Sault Ste. Marie Museum. To learn more you can log on to Ranville’s web site at. http://kr.mendhak.com

Correspondence with Keith Ranville during December, 2006

The news article that is scheduled to run in
The April, 2007 issue of Lost Treasure magazine.

Native Treasure Hunter
Keith Ranville

Attachments of Sir Francis Bacon Cipher and Da vinci Triangle Treasure Map
Diagram
If you were to put these two triangles circular half bottoms together to each half, you would get a cone; The Oak Island triangle stone is stating, there is a second triangle to this puzzle. together these two reverse triangles in the diagram explains where the triangle is.  

Keith Ranville        

Edited by oakster, 04 January 2007 - 10:40 AM.

#45    oakster

oakster

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

Oak Island and Francis Bacons Connection Cipher By Keith Ranville

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search...nel%20Fanthorpe

The Oak Island Mystery: The Secret of the World's Greatest Treasure Hunt by Lionel Fanthorpe and Patricia Fanthorpe (Hardcover - Feb 1995)
  Page 187 diagram #5  

Bacon's Cipher Reads-->
"Oak Island Stone Triangle First, Second Triangle is on Rectangle Stone Beneath"

Sir Francis Bacon's cipher Decoded; By Keith Ranville

Edited by oakster, 17 January 2007 - 02:47 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users