Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Red hair and birthmark

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    canadian119

canadian119

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• And for ther is so gret diversite In Englissh, and in writying of oure tonge, So prey I God that non myswrite the

Posted 24 October 2003 - 03:27 AM

Hi I've heard that having red hair and a birthmark in an intimate area  signifies something and I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant or if its true ect.. If so let me know i'd appericate it.
                                                            Thanks thumbsup.gif  

#2    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 02:35 PM

Welcome to the forum canadian119. original.gif

In the 17th century, it was a superstitious belief that any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

What you described may have some significance to practitioners of wicca, but since I'm not too familiar with this pagan belief, perhaps someone here who is can answer your question.

Hope this helped a little.

Here's a link

#3    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:16 AM

original.gif Welcome to the forum canadian119! original.gif  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#4    canadian119

canadian119

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• And for ther is so gret diversite In Englissh, and in writying of oure tonge, So prey I God that non myswrite the

Posted 25 October 2003 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome and also i read the link and  it explained a few things thanks again grin2.gif  

#5    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:04 PM

Having red hair means you will ne ridiculed at school, and for the rest of your life, i'm not ginger, but i know alot of those that are, and they had hell thru school and work, dunno what makes a ginger so unique to name calling and pranks....i have the upmost contempt for bullys.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#6    canadian119

canadian119

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:18 PM

really ive never been made fun of or anything like that going through school for having red hair hmmmm thats interesting though disgust.gif  

#7    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:28 PM

I think redheads are hot! devil.gif

Sorry....I thought this was the flirting thread. dontgetit.gif  

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 02:35 AM

Believe me Red head are hot !!!!!  grin2.gif  

#9    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:40 AM

theSOURCE Posted on Oct 24 2003, 02:35 PM
any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

ohmy.gif Ahhhh so now that makes sense..... I'm a Witch???!! and there was me thinking I was 'normal' whistling2.gif  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#10    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 27 November 2003 - 11:56 PM

i have never seen a true red head. we dont have many where i come from.
any way i will take a guess. it was believed in the whole witch-burning period that witches had sex with the devil, and maybe that is where de red hair/genital mark legend came from, since satan is often thought of as red and firey and would burn your genitals/hair red, although i always thought of him as black.

Edited by man_in_mudboots, 06 April 2005 - 11:13 PM.

#11    Lady Sabrina

Lady Sabrina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:29 AM

I am also a red head & was not teased at school. I actually find a lot of men like red heads.   tongue.gif

In the 17th century, it was a superstitious belief that any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

I never knew that... huh.gif  

Lady Sabrina.

Webmaster: Deb's Web Haven

Forum Mod: The Supernatural World Forums

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank

#12    canadian119

canadian119

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:39 AM

Man in mudboots where are you from? Ive never heard the satan sex theory before. I can never figure out why guys are attracted to the redhair, I find it kinda annoying being a redhead  crying.gif  

#13    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:07 PM

I suppose men are attracted to redheads because of the unusual hair color. In a world so full of brunettes, redheads and blondes stands out.  

#14    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 29 November 2003 - 06:41 PM

i am from deep in de swamps of louisiana, where people barely speak english, have "I love my mud boots" bumper stickers, think bar-b-q  is only a butter, vinegar, and roux sauce, and de people enjoy setting dier moufs on fire wit food dat would make most Yankees and some rednecks trow demselves in real fire to ease de pain! aint it great to be a cajun! thumbup.gif
and i cant believe yall aint heard the satanic sex story! dat was one of de fundamentals of medival witchcraft!

#15    canadian119

canadian119

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 12:08 AM

Ewww you use barbeque sauce like butter gross lol.  Louisiana that must be an interesting place to live, probably have a lot of legends especially in the swamps. Never really read anything about witches and ect.. so thats mainly why i didnt know  about the satan sex theory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users