Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Defeating Demons

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1    Randallman

Randallman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hi. I'm writing a book, and I need to know some method or another that will kill a weak demon, but only repel a stronger one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

#2    rice

rice

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

umm...well it depends on what kind of demon you want to destroy...some can get killed by salt...garlic escents repels other demons...umm...what else?...holy water? LoL...maybe light? im not sure..but we'll see what other people think..just wait for their posts

Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix
Cuz the media is full of dirty tricks

#3    Roxie

Roxie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi and welcome  original.gif

As far as I can remember from my weird "I want to be an exorcist" phase (Don't ask) You can't actually kill a Demon, at least not the typical kind (Christian or Hindu) As these are the type of Demon which usually come to mind when Demons are mentioned, I'll assume that this is the kind of Demon you are refering to.

A demon can be forced back to where it came from through an Exorcism given by a trained Catholic or Hindu Priest. I'd recomend Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin as a good place to start your research, but beware of getting seriously jittery.

"People can, and do believe all kinds of utterly idiotic things" -L Michael Hall

"A magician is an actor playing the role of a magician." - Robert Houdin

#4    Acenaspheru

Acenaspheru

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

• Even the very old die young when they have truly learned to love.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

not entirely sure, but i know in a movie i watch a lot, the main character has supernatural powers which he uses in various forms, even calling upon gods to help him. that's what i usually use, just a very strong supernatural energy, usually in the form of white or blue light. those are the typical colors anyway, i've also seen purple but that usually denotes dark light, or evil magic. also gold. ^^; yeah i write some very odd stories...

my icon is a good example of what i'm referring to.

Edited by Acenaspheru, 27 July 2006 - 04:20 PM.

http://www.roliana.com < my play time http://www.cosplay.com < my hobby http://www.deviantart.com < my think tank. roliana: Ciel Phantomhive Cosplay: Maya Rose and deviant art: The-last-fall

#5    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

• " If there were no God, there would be no atheists "

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:40 PM

Like one of the posts above says, demons cannot be destroyed by our means. Through the power of the holy spirit we can repel them and harm them, but when "killed" they return back to there home plane, hell. It is then believed they are entombed for 3 days  ( much like Jesus ) before they have enough power to be brought back. Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all.

However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific  ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

#6    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• 1,670 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

I, being a skeptic, don't really believe in such things, but I would have to agree
with Roxie and Azalin.  I've never heard of a demon being killed, only cast out
with rituals and prayer.
But if you're serious about wtiting a book on the subject, you might want to talk
to priests or demonologists who have knowledge and experience on this particular
phenomenon.

Edited by Robert1, 27 July 2006 - 05:55 PM.

#7    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

I, being a skeptic, don't really believe in such things, but I would have to agree
with Roxie and Azalin.  I've never heard of a demon being killed, only cast out
with rituals and prayer.
But if you're serious about wtiting a book on the subject, you might want to talk
to priests or demonologists who have knowledge and experience on this particular
phenomenon.

I myself have never met a Demon, but from the explinations given by Azalin and Roxie previously, it's sounds like The First Law of Thermodynamics to a lesser degree which states:Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes from one form to another. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, it merely changing from one form to another.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#8    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all.  However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific  ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

Wouldn't that make for a good read.  A good writer could take that and come up with several plot twists.  But, I would think it would depend upon what type of book you are writing?  Fiction, non-fiction?  Fantasy? Depending upon what type of book, the imagination could go wild.....

#9    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

I myself have never met a Demon, but from the explinations given by Azalin and Roxie previously, it's sounds like The First Law of Thermodynamics to a lesser degree which states:Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes from one form to another. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, it merely changing from one form to another.

Thats a similar outlook a friend of mine has Onyxdk. With that in mind you can place certain rituals in the same ideaology as blackholes, which can suck in energy and utterly destroy it. Of course the next twist is that is how energy works in our plane of existance. In other dimensions, many scientific laws can be different.

Wouldn't that make for a good read. A good writer could take that and come up with several plot twists. But, I would think it would depend upon what type of book you are writing? Fiction, non-fiction? Fantasy? Depending upon what type of book, the imagination could go wild.....

It would indeed. Perhaps I should beat some specific author to the punch and make my millions. I don't think I have the time and book writing skills that Rowling might possess. Perhaps I should just sell her the idea  yes.gif

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

#10    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:55 PM

It would indeed. Perhaps I should beat some specific author to the punch and make my millions. I don't think I have the time and book writing skills that Rowling might possess. Perhaps I should just sell her the idea  yes.gif

Actually, Azalin, I think you write very eloquently!  yes.gif There is a big audience out there for it.  The best reads are those based around facts with a creative mind spinning fiction around it.  I'm sure you could come up with a very intelligent, and interesting, manuscript.

Just make sure to send me a signed copy!  devil.gif

#11    143

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Like one of the posts above says, demons cannot be destroyed by our means. Through the power of the holy spirit we can repel them and harm them, but when "killed" they return back to there home plane, hell. It is then believed they are entombed for 3 days  ( much like Jesus ) before they have enough power to be brought back. Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all.

However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific  ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

Can you guys read my blog called possessed and tell me what you think?  It should be on the first page.  Theres only 2 pgs I believe so it should be easy to see, its LONG.

Edited by Becca L 143, 27 July 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#12    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

Actually, Azalin, I think you write very eloquently!  yes.gif There is a big audience out there for it.  The best reads are those based around facts with a creative mind spinning fiction around it.  I'm sure you could come up with a very intelligent, and interesting, manuscript.

Just make sure to send me a signed copy!  devil.gif

Heh. Well I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. The scary part is I think I could easily piece together a decent storyline based on facts of demonology created and pioneered by our ancestors such as Saint Hilary. However, I wouldn't want to confuse people just to receive a large cheque. By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway  yes.gif

Posted Image
"Fiat  Lux"

#13    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway  yes.gif

LOL... I have not heard that one yet!  But, I see what you are saying.

#14    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• 1,670 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

Heh. Well I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. The scary part is I think I could easily piece together a decent storyline based on facts of demonology created and pioneered by our ancestors such as Saint Hilary. However, I wouldn't want to confuse people just to receive a large cheque. By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway  yes.gif

I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it to much.  Most people
understand the difference between fact and fiction.  But you are correct in believing
that Hollywood has exhausted the idea by more than a bit.

#15    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it to much.  Most people
understand the difference between fact and fiction.  But you are correct in believing
that Hollywood has exhausted the idea by more than a bit.

You would think most people would know the difference, however many people were moved by The Davinci Code.

Posted Image
"Fiat  Lux"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users