Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defeating Demons

Randallman

Hi. I'm writing a book, and I need to know some method or another that will kill a weak demon, but only repel a stronger one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

umm...well it depends on what kind of demon you want to destroy...some can get killed by salt...garlic escents repels other demons...umm...what else?...holy water? LoL...maybe light? im not sure..but we'll see what other people think..just wait for their posts

Hi and welcome :)

As far as I can remember from my weird "I want to be an exorcist" phase (Don't ask) You can't actually kill a Demon, at least not the typical kind (Christian or Hindu) As these are the type of Demon which usually come to mind when Demons are mentioned, I'll assume that this is the kind of Demon you are refering to.

A demon can be forced back to where it came from through an Exorcism given by a trained Catholic or Hindu Priest. I'd recomend Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin as a good place to start your research, but beware of getting seriously jittery.

not entirely sure, but i know in a movie i watch a lot, the main character has supernatural powers which he uses in various forms, even calling upon gods to help him. that's what i usually use, just a very strong supernatural energy, usually in the form of white or blue light. those are the typical colors anyway, i've also seen purple but that usually denotes dark light, or evil magic. also gold. ^^; yeah i write some very odd stories...

my icon is a good example of what i'm referring to.

Edited by Acenaspheru

Like one of the posts above says, demons cannot be destroyed by our means. Through the power of the holy spirit we can repel them and harm them, but when "killed" they return back to there home plane, hell. It is then believed they are entombed for 3 days ( much like Jesus ) before they have enough power to be brought back. Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all.

However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

I, being a skeptic, don't really believe in such things, but I would have to agree

with Roxie and Azalin. I've never heard of a demon being killed, only cast out

with rituals and prayer.

But if you're serious about wtiting a book on the subject, you might want to talk

to priests or demonologists who have knowledge and experience on this particular

phenomenon.

Edited by Robert1

I, being a skeptic, don't really believe in such things, but I would have to agree

with Roxie and Azalin. I've never heard of a demon being killed, only cast out

with rituals and prayer.

But if you're serious about wtiting a book on the subject, you might want to talk

to priests or demonologists who have knowledge and experience on this particular

phenomenon.

I myself have never met a Demon, but from the explinations given by Azalin and Roxie previously, it's sounds like The First Law of Thermodynamics to a lesser degree which states:Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes from one form to another. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, it merely changing from one form to another.

Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all. However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

Wouldn't that make for a good read. A good writer could take that and come up with several plot twists. But, I would think it would depend upon what type of book you are writing? Fiction, non-fiction? Fantasy? Depending upon what type of book, the imagination could go wild.....

I myself have never met a Demon, but from the explinations given by Azalin and Roxie previously, it's sounds like The First Law of Thermodynamics to a lesser degree which states:Energy cannot be created or destroyed it only changes from one form to another. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, it merely changing from one form to another.

Thats a similar outlook a friend of mine has Onyxdk. With that in mind you can place certain rituals in the same ideaology as blackholes, which can suck in energy and utterly destroy it. Of course the next twist is that is how energy works in our plane of existance. In other dimensions, many scientific laws can be different.

Wouldn't that make for a good read. A good writer could take that and come up with several plot twists. But, I would think it would depend upon what type of book you are writing? Fiction, non-fiction? Fantasy? Depending upon what type of book, the imagination could go wild.....

It would indeed. Perhaps I should beat some specific author to the punch and make my millions. I don't think I have the time and book writing skills that Rowling might possess. Perhaps I should just sell her the idea :yes:

It would indeed. Perhaps I should beat some specific author to the punch and make my millions. I don't think I have the time and book writing skills that Rowling might possess. Perhaps I should just sell her the idea :yes:

Actually, Azalin, I think you write very eloquently! :yes: There is a big audience out there for it. The best reads are those based around facts with a creative mind spinning fiction around it. I'm sure you could come up with a very intelligent, and interesting, manuscript.

Just make sure to send me a signed copy! :devil:

Like one of the posts above says, demons cannot be destroyed by our means. Through the power of the holy spirit we can repel them and harm them, but when "killed" they return back to there home plane, hell. It is then believed they are entombed for 3 days ( much like Jesus ) before they have enough power to be brought back. Angels have the ability to destroy demons, and demons themselves can destroy eachother, but that is all.

However, I would not discount the possibility that a demon can be utterly destroyed with a specific ritual. I have heard of some that can "erase" a demon or angel from time completely.

Can you guys read my blog called possessed and tell me what you think? It should be on the first page. Theres only 2 pgs I believe so it should be easy to see, its LONG.

Edited by Becca L 143

Actually, Azalin, I think you write very eloquently! :yes: There is a big audience out there for it. The best reads are those based around facts with a creative mind spinning fiction around it. I'm sure you could come up with a very intelligent, and interesting, manuscript.

Just make sure to send me a signed copy! :devil:

Heh. Well I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. The scary part is I think I could easily piece together a decent storyline based on facts of demonology created and pioneered by our ancestors such as Saint Hilary. However, I wouldn't want to confuse people just to receive a large cheque. By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway :yes:

By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway :yes:

LOL... I have not heard that one yet! But, I see what you are saying.

Heh. Well I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. The scary part is I think I could easily piece together a decent storyline based on facts of demonology created and pioneered by our ancestors such as Saint Hilary. However, I wouldn't want to confuse people just to receive a large cheque. By the end of the book I'd have the same people that beleive Jesus and Mary had children running into the church asking for buckets of holy water and a copy of the Rituale Romanum for exorcism purposes. Hollywood has exhausted the idea quite a bit anyway :yes:

I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it to much. Most people

understand the difference between fact and fiction. But you are correct in believing

that Hollywood has exhausted the idea by more than a bit.

I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it to much. Most people

understand the difference between fact and fiction. But you are correct in believing

that Hollywood has exhausted the idea by more than a bit.

You would think most people would know the difference, however many people were moved by The Davinci Code.

(for exersisms)

Get a Mirror about 3 ft long and 2 ft wide have people close their eyes and hold up the mirror horizontaly over you while you are an the possest person

put a blindfold and start chanting

then move out of the way and take the blind fold off and like the demon see its reflection

then the demon should be traped inside the mirror

next through the mirror along with the demon inside out a nearby window

a way to cause pain to them is the screech of a screeching cockroach

and Holy Water and Crosses blessed by a priest, bishop, pope, etc...

to kill them i have no clue

Edited by cia
  • Like 1

(for exersisms)

Get a Mirror about 3 ft long and 2 ft wide have people close their eyes and hold up the mirror horizontaly over you while you are an the possest person

put a blindfold and start chanting

then move out of the way and take the blind fold off and like the demon see its reflection

then the demon should be traped inside the mirror

next through the mirror along with the demon inside out a nearby window

That's from Constantine.

• Like 4

but hey it could work right? :)

In Hollywood, sure. :tu:

im pretty sure fire would help repel,but anthor option ( if you belive ) is anking a witch of sorts for help :D:blink::tu::innocent:

im pretty sure fire would help repel,but anthor option ( if you belive ) is anking a witch of sorts for help :D:blink::tu::innocent:

I have heard that, as well. The concept of demons is not confined to Judeo-Christian and Hindu spirituality, although they aren't regarded as agents of the devil in witchcraft (since they don't believe in the devil, contrary to what some say). I think they're considered a big ball of negative energy, right? Either way, they're not something that can be "killed," because they were never "alive," in the sense that they were ever mortal. Same goes for angels and the old belief that we become angels after we die. Different planes.

I also had never heard (although I am not disputing it) that demons banished must stay in hell for 3 days before coming back. It sounds kinda like the ghosts on Pac-Man. :lol: But it is a subject I take very, very seriously.

Hi. I'm writing a book, and I need to know some method or another that will kill a weak demon, but only repel a stronger one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

PM me i will tell what to do. :D you will not be dissapointed.

PM me i will tell what to do. :D you will not be dissapointed.

If you really know, why don't you tell us all?

I have heard that, as well. The concept of demons is not confined to Judeo-Christian and Hindu spirituality, although they aren't regarded as agents of the devil in witchcraft (since they don't believe in the devil, contrary to what some say). I think they're considered a big ball of negative energy, right? Either way, they're not something that can be "killed," because they were never "alive," in the sense that they were ever mortal. Same goes for angels and the old belief that we become angels after we die. Different planes.

I also had never heard (although I am not disputing it) that demons banished must stay in hell for 3 days before coming back. It sounds kinda like the ghosts on Pac-Man. :lol: But it is a subject I take very, very seriously.

[/quote

yea, im really into it too, and i find it incredibly facinating lol :D