Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA To Release Kecksburg UFO Documents

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:04 AM

news iconA day after SCI FI Channel announced its unprecedented support for legal action against the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to release its records on the 1965 UFO incident in Kecksburg, PA, NASA informed Lee Helfrich, attorney for the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi), that it is releasing 36 pages of documents connected to the incident.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 03:23 PM

Cross your fingers that this is the start of something BIG!!!!!!!!!!Yahooooooo!!!!!!
N.

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ Oct 26 2003, 05:04 AM)
The Department of Defense and the U.S. Army have yet to release any records.

And with that,  I think we might just get a game of 'passing the buck'.   rolleyes.gif  

#4    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:57 PM

Arggggg KC!!!  Where is that ++++ attitude???
  sad.gif  

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:09 PM

Sorry, Nancy,  you'd see that attitude if it was to give us word about a great new super-safe SPACE PROGRAM about to be 'launched'.   original.gif  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#6    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:55 PM

NASA To Release Kecksburg UFO Documents

Are they really sure??Maybe irrelevant or the not-too-important ones but besides that,haha,I guess not. disgust.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#7    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:15 PM

Awwwwwww KC.........  

Well? Excellent analogy, I must admit!

My 'gut' does tell me that 'something is UP' about releasing documents, tho!

As for a safe space program? Odds are? Not in the cards.

#8    EarthBound

EarthBound

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:16 PM

I dunno. I think they sparked the fire onto a REALLY REALLY big dynamyte if yu know what i mean

#9    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:36 PM

can't wait to read those documents considering it will be row upon row of blacked out paragraphs.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#10    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (thepsychoticseaotter @ Oct 26 2003, 07:36 PM)
can't wait to read those documents considering it will be row upon row of blacked out paragraphs.

I agree. Also, my money is on the "it was just a meteor/satalite" explanation. I don't think they would reveal any data concerning an actual extraterrestrial artifact.  

#11    Athlon64

Athlon64

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:46 AM

I seem to remember a theory that the Kecksburg "UFO" was actually a Russian Venus probe that failed. The fact that the object was amazingly intact after such a violent re-entry into Earth's atmosphere is because it was intended to be a lander. The surface conditions on Venus are extremely harsh, and therefore any probe that was intended to land on the surface (and survive for any length of time) would need to be built like a tank.

This is an interesting theory, but I find it extremely odd that ANY documents need to be withheld from the public if this was nothing more than a 40 year old Russian space probe........

Chris Low.

#12    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:53 PM

Yes but with all the negativity comes positives sides, this is a victory for the public. Trying to get information out of all our governments is like pulling teeth, if we can demand this one, we can demand alot more. I beleive this is a new era for publics right to access to information, and i hope it carrys on.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#13    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Blood Angel @ Oct 27 2003, 07:53 AM)
I beleive this is a new era for publics right to access to information, and i hope it carrys on.

YES!!!!!!!  Finally   original.gif

Very well said, thank you!

#14    Daring Souls

Daring Souls

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

• Rise me up yet again, and delight as I splash upon your soul and take just a slight taste of you with me. ~ Magnus Grimoire

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (SpaceyKC @ Oct 26 2003, 05:09 PM)
Sorry, Nancy,  you'd see that attitude if it was to give us word about a great new super-safe SPACE PROGRAM about to be 'launched'.   original.gif

I don't normally dabble in anything UFO related, despite being a regular watcher of the Sci-Fi channel... but recently I've been following the TAKEN series and it has made me curious about UFO's and governmental intrigue related to actual real life circumstances.

Like when former President Reagan wanted Star Wars technology and a defense system out of the blue.

Or when this Kecksburg matter suddenly rose to the forefront and the disclosed examination of the earth/soil scientific findings from the Roswell crash site.  

wacko.gif It all seems just too much to absorb...

How do you all put it into perspective? I mean, I'm used to the occult and things affiliated with hauntings and the like. This UFO stuff is leaving me stymied. crying.gif

Respectfully,
--Daring
Posted Image

#15    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Daring Souls @ Oct 27 2003, 03:07 PM)
wacko.gif It all seems just too much to absorb...

How do you all put it into perspective? I mean, I'm used to the occult and things affiliated with hauntings and the like. This UFO stuff is leaving me stymied. crying.gif

Daring Souls,
You are not alone in your assessment of UFO's. Remember what those letters stand for..... "Unidentified"........ Those of us who have seen an object that we cannot explain are stymied just as you!

Part of the intrigue IS the unknown. The "whys" of non-disclosure, except for the unspoken message that the "public" would panic. Eye witness after eye witness, video tapes of unusual crafts doing more than extraordinary things.

Then, add to the mix the potential arrogance that Earth is the only speck in the entire Universe capable of sustaining life.

No one said this is easy! Humans are naturally curious and need closure in many aspects of life, this being one of them.

Have I confused you more? I hope not.
N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users