Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio Dynamic farming

Bogeyman

Listened to an interview on bbc last night about this and yields of healthier crops can be gained by as much as 33% improvement ....without using fertilisers or chemicals

My understanding is that it is spiritually healing the earth itself and this is why it works....anyone know anything more about it ?

http://www.biodynamics.com/biodynamics.html

It's the fastest growing method of farming (Thank God) :)

Does anyone have first hand experience ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• Kismit

• Purplos

• Sherapy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of bio-dynamics is working with nature. I have and still do practice certain aspects of it. Planting crops in accordance to the phases of the Moon and companion planting, that sort of thing. However I have not tried some of the more extreme bio-dynamic ideas... Such as mixing cow dung in a cow horn and turning it so many times before burying it in the ground and then digging it back up to turn into fertiliser.

I just couldn't get my head around how somebody could test that sort of thing, and it's allready fertiliser before you put all that extra hard work into it. :hmm:

Yeah ...Thats what they were saying in the interview,Cow Horns ,Animal Skulls etc....I mean how much organic fertiliser can you fit in a cowhorn :hmm: ?

From what the guy was saying it's buried in a cowhorn or a skull ...dug up at the right time (when the cosmic forces have done their job) and sprayed on the whole farm ...

Whatever it is it seems to be working and people are cottoning on to the huge advantages of it.....As me Granny always said ...Nature knows best. Looks like she's being proved right.

But i'm really interested in the spiritual side of it and how they can get a measure of the effect of this on it.

Here in america we call it organic , honoring the cycles of the earth, No pesticides are used and actually its actually easier to farm organically....Usng chemicals has caused the iissues the chemical farmers have, ironically the bugs are more drawn to the nitrogen in the chemical spray.....so it has become a nitemare by its own hand...not to mention plants have there own defense natuarlly to a variety of bugs if left to themselves , so the chemical farmer isn't yeilding a full crop either...Sad to say but The chemical corps sell alot of BS. and many bought it....Certain vitaimins are deplleted becausel of chemical agriculture. b-12 being the main one......You would probably be inerested inthe philosophy of macrobiotics, it honors the cycles of nature and has a spiritual element to o it....

Edited by Sympa Sheri

I think its completely possible to farm organically without doing ritualistic burying of cow horns, etc. I'm afraid that sounds like pure phooey to me. Having a cow horn packed with dung buried in a field is not natural. It's completely humanly contrived.