Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Al Gore all talk

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#16    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

Al Gore is no saviour. He is hawking a product like any other sales person.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#17    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

If Al Gore, liberals, and the hippies all fart, they are the problem in global warming as they claim. Each fart contains methane... Hypocrites... For shame... For shame.  no.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#18    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

Is Al Gore being cereal?

I don't think he's being cereal.

What do you guys think?

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#19    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

Is Al Gore being cereal?

I don't think he's being cereal.

What do you guys think?

I don't think he's cereal either..If he is, he is the weirdest corn flake I've ever seen..

w00t.gif

Edited by frogfish, 21 August 2006 - 12:26 PM.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#20    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,029 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

Al Gore is no saviour. He is hawking a product like any other sales person.

Their are no savious , their are people who care and those who don't, what product would he be selling???caring for the planet that sustains you??? thumbsup.gif

#21    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

what product would he be selling???caring for the planet that sustains you??? thumbsup.gif

I was wondering about that one, too.

#22    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'm not wondering.  They don't teach it in grade school, but "causes" and elected positions virtually require an ad campaign of one kind or another.

#23    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

In other words he's "hawking" environmental awareness. Damn, that is unscrupulous.

#24    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

Prophet Gore's "hawking environmental awareness" comes in the form of things like "it's the end of the world in 10 years", paraphrased, and he's the High Priest that's going to stop the eclipse... errr, earth scorcher from happening.

#25    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

No. Gore refers to the well-known fact that global warming is a climate driver. Paleoclimate data suggests that in the past drivers have pushed the climate across thresholds, at which point the climate was fairly rapidly and and drastically altered. Gore's message has been that it's possible that global warming will have enough momentum within a decade or so that we won't be able to prevent a threshold crossing. The DOD had the Global Business Network assess national security implications of one such threshold crossing resulting in a shutdown of the North Atlantic conveyor (say, by melting ice disrupting a delicate salinity balance). Their predictions weren't pretty.

#26    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,029 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

Prophet Gore's "hawking environmental awareness" comes in the form of things like "it's the end of the world in 10 years", paraphrased, and he's the High Priest that's going to stop the eclipse... errr, earth scorcher from happening.

He was siting probabiity if we continue on in the manner we have been since the 60's when it was first thought our behaviors are having an effect on our planet...Celum do you think yu affect your body or some outside force does ....He is raising awreness , its a collective effort at this point...you seem to be caught up in disdain for gore it would be most helpful if you would lend your support to the planet that not only could use it but it would benefit you...Too often people use anger to justify doing nothing or another way to say i don't care..the question isn't wheter you like Al or not the question is do yu like your life the way you curently live it, if we continue on we will compromise the quality of our living experince..its no different if you smoked eventually it will harm the whole organism you call your body....Haven't you ever heard its best to err on the side of caution....

Edited by Sympa Sheri, 24 August 2006 - 08:33 PM.

#27    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:32 PM

just like prophet ted danson was telling us on TV in the 80's that the oceans were going to die in 10 years.  he was pushing his organization at the time, like Gore was pushing his political career, his book, and his movie.  Sales = dollars and/or votes, Prophet Gore will take either/both.

it would be most helpful if you would lend your support to the planet

how nice of you to AssUMe I don't.  Just because I think Algore is loonier than a fruit loop and a prime example of a demonstrable, out of touch, career fear-tactic elite politician?

Edited by Celumnaz, 24 August 2006 - 08:41 PM.

#28    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,029 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

just like prophet ted danson was telling us on TV in the 80's that the oceans were going to die in 10 years.  he was pushing his organization at the time, like Gore was pushing his political career, his book, and his movie.  Sales = dollars and/or votes, Prophet Gore will take either/both.

the oceans are polluted celum, one wouldn't eat from them its jsut too risky now......Al's book has ben around for along time , he is using his ife for a higher cause did you see the movie????How does it change global warming becasue al gore makes a few bucks????Are you saying he is making it up for finacial gain????

Edited by Sympa Sheri, 24 August 2006 - 08:37 PM.

#29    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

... like Gore was pushing his political career, his book, and his movie.  Sales = dollars and/or votes, Prophet Gore will take either/both.

That makes perfect sense. A guy who's not running for anything and "donated 100% of all the profits from his movie and book to the fight against global-warming pollution" is doing it all for money and votes. It's almost too brilliant.

#30    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,029 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

That makes perfect sense. A guy who's not running for anything and "donated 100% of all the profits from his movie and book to the fight against global-warming pollution" is doing it all for money and votes. It's almost too brilliant.

H ah ah ah ah ah i got a belly laugh on this one...thanks for lightenting things up .lol....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users