Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Benny Hinn

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 06:27 AM

Christ whipped who??    blink.gif  huh.gif  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#17    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:00 AM

The money changers and those selling the sacrifices in the Temple in order to make mone off of God  

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#18    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:48 PM

Benny Hinn is disgusting in my opinion. He preys on old and crippled people. I don't understand how it is that he gets exposed over and over again, yet so many people still believe in him, and what he does. It is sad to see him taking advantage of those that need help the most.

My favourite quote from Mr. Hinn? In a meeting in Denver Colorado in 1992 he says: "I place a curse on every man and woman that will stretch his hand against this anointing. I curse that man who dares to speak a word against this ministry"

Nice guy huh? In the long run, I think his curses are about as powerful as his healings are, so I am not feeling too worried... tongue.gif

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#19    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:26 PM

I'm just gonna bump this one for a minute or two.

I recently came home from gaurding Kenneth Copeland's oilwells. I didn't know they were his for a few days, untill one of the company men told me. That guy has  oilwells, the biggest damn ranch I've ever seen (I've seen some big ranches), and then there is his house. It is HUGE.

The whole complex of his home, heli-pad, and church takes up about the same amount of space as the town of Newark, Texas in which all this is located.

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that. Why does he need to
go on television and beg for money if he has oilwells? One couple came down from Canada just to take pictures of his house. I couldn't let them in my gate so they took pictures from the road. I asked them why they drove that far, and the woman answered "he's a great man". I just said that he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. They left then.

While I was there, I remembered starting this thread....so there you have it. Maybe a few of the more religious members that haven't seen this thread will have some thoughts.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#20    trublvr

trublvr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

• An open mind is like an open mouth: Every now and then it must bite down on something solid.

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:12 PM

The whole complex of his home, heli-pad, and church takes up about the same amount of space as the town of Newark, Texas in which all this is located.

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that. Why does he need to go on television and beg for money if he has oilwells?

Gonzowalker,

I didn't know about Copeland's oil wells!  That is very sad.  I knew the stuff about Benny Hinn, though.  That dude is beyond bad news.  Actually, there are some Christians that made an eight hour documentary covering his ministry from the 70's to the present, and they exposed him.  Some friends of mine own this.  I'll try to get the title of it for you.

Though news of these two figures (and many like them) is disheartening, it shouldn't detract from people who do legitimate healing ministries.  They don't get paid, they don't try to draw attention to themselves, and they don't let their gifts detract from the gospel of Jesus.  In fact, you'll never find them on TV asking for offerings or anything.  They are just average men and women who have been equipped by Jesus to occasionally perform miraculous works, and they do so with humility, love, and reverence.  

I don't know how Hinn, Copeland, and their ilk can justify this kind of stuff in light of what the scriptures say.  I hope that they'll turn toward the love of God and others so that they can start helping out the poor and indigent.

Edited by trublvr, 08 June 2004 - 05:13 PM.

If truth is not a matter of majority vote, neither is it a matter of minority dissent.        

--Douglas Groothius

#21    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:30 PM

Well, I think all "faith healers" tend to askfor money. I stopped attending a small Pentacostal (sounds creepy anyways) church a few months ago. Anyways, they always had their "revivals" and would bring in so called evangelists such as Nancy Harmon, and this Australian dude named Nick something. Anyways they always had little gimics and stuff and always asked  for bigger offerings then the normal church. They also like to generalize symptoms which gets about 2-4 hands raised most of the time that want to be healed.

Also I've noticed a disturbing trend in Pentacostals and similar branches of Chrisitianity. They always preach against materialism, but go out and always want the nicest cars, nicest clothes, best jewelery, and nicest stereo and entertainment systems. Also they like to go to the most expensive restraunts possible. Now is it just me, or is that not materialism? Plus they all think they're cowboys or something...

Oh and if thats not bad enough, my old pastor sells fireworks during the 4th of July season, starting in June till like July 6th, and he makes a fortune off it. Well he pays the people who help, and keeps most of the money for himself, which he runs through the church's tithe acount in order to avoid taxes, but he doesn't use the money for the church.

Also they sell strawberries during the summer to send kids to "Church Camp" and well that money goes to the pastors son who is 18 and runs the youth group, which barely brings anyone in since my fiancee and I left the youth worship team and the church. So he gets over $500 a month for doing jackshit.

Also my fiancee's dad who was the church adminstrator just got fired by the pastor because he went on vacation which the pastor knew about. However the pastor it didn't like it because he wasn't there to do all the churches work or be at the pastor's aid 24/7. Speaking of which the pastor just runs around doing jackshit all day and lets whoever the adminastrator is do all the work while he just worries about 3 sermons a week. So it's not just the big guys that are corrupt.

Edited by Naveed, 08 June 2004 - 11:33 PM.

#22    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:31 AM

Even I am disguested with those who use christianity for profit.  To be Christian is to be "christ-like" which is not taking advantage of people for money or take up the collection for the week if the church has enough money.  If the pastor or minster or whomever has enough money to buy a huge ranch and a mansion and everything for himself, then the church can take care of itself.  Other times, the collection plate is needed to help pay for the bills and repairs to the church, but Benny Hinn and the others are just frauds!  

I have a friend who took his family to see Benny Hinn and it was all fake.  

#23    imorningsun

imorningsun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

• Sometimes we live no particular way, but our own.

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

Benny Hinn is a pethetic exuse of a human being! The elderly are his prey!  How do ya all like the rocks he has on his fingers?

"Reality is nothing more than one's perception of the world they are presently living in."

#24    cloudedmoon

cloudedmoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"
"And then will I profess unto them. I never knew you: depart form me, Ye that work iniquity."
Jesus, Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 7:23, 24

I guess old Benny don't know his bible.
Peace
cloudedmoon

#25    Serena

Serena

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (gonzowalker @ Jun 8 2004, 12:26 PM)

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that.

Amen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users