Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Roman shipwreck in Texas?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    bernhardt

bernhardt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:25 PM

I read that circa 1886, the wreck of an unusual ship was found in Galveston Bay, Texas (USA). Professor Belfiglio says this ship's construction is typically Roman. Can anybody explain to me more about this strange discovery? Where are now the remains of this shipwreck?

#2    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:24 PM

Link

Let's hope I did this right.  Here is a link for ya............

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#3    blazeboy84

blazeboy84

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:40 PM

It could be possibly the vikings, they stole gold coins all over the lands and came to vinland, may be they journeyed into the heat of the texas lands because they were so cold in greenland or vinland.

#4    bernhardt

bernhardt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:48 PM

Thank's for the link, reese, but this is the place where I read this notice at first.

#5    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:58 PM

Well, that is basically all the info I found... If I had more patience, I may be able to find more, but it doesn't paticularly interest me too much.. Someone here will probably know something about it.  

tongue.gif  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#6    Nie

Nie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• The truth is out there... Can someone give me the URL?...

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:12 AM

Oh, in 1976, a local fisherman in the island of the Governador, in the Guanabara bay (Brasil), found 3 enourmous jars, that latter were identified has similar to greek jars... the jars were then closely examined and surprisingly the experts said they were made in brasil ( they analised the clay) somewere 1500 years ago...
This story was talked again by the year 2000, because some divers claimed to have found a greek/roman shipwreck, but my government (Portugal) and the brasilian government didnt allowed any more research in the wreck site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users