Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Speaking unknown languages in my sleep

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    edweirdo

edweirdo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:43 AM

Well I dont have speakers and I dont speak any other languages, so I probably wouldnt be much help you anyway...hope you get your answers.

thanks becca blush.gif me too

#17    snowleopard394

snowleopard394

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

My husband and I have been married about a month and a half so far, and he's spoken once in another language too. At first I thought it must have been me dreaming or something, but after looking online, it seems pretty common in sleep talkers. So anyway, he speaks English, some Hebrew, some Spanish, and a *very* tiny bit of Japanese. I know English, some Hebrew, and some French. And it sounded rather like Hebrew intonations and stuff, but they were not actual Hebrew words. This went on for a good 3 sentences or so before I elbowed him and told him to stop. It seems like unknown middle eastern languages might be the most common other language spoken in peoples' sleep. Anyway, I tried to listen to your files but they don't work. Could you either upload them again or send them to snowleopard394@yahoo.com? I'm really curious to know whether it sounds like the two of you are speaking the same thing.

#18    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Another theory which thinks our DNA may carry some memories of our ancestors. Maybe that explains this?

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#19    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:27 AM

The first time he did it he yelled like a crazy person which woke me up and his excited babbling then caused me to quickly remove myself from the area to the next room.

Lmao. laugh.gif

#20    MadL06

MadL06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:17 AM

hmm..I dont know if you believe in the spiritual realm or the unexplained, but my selfproclaimed aunt creeps everyone out at night. She has never taken any sort of language course and besides english only knows a few choice phrases in spanish. In her sleep she has spoken Hebrew, Samoan, Chamorro, French, Italian, most orient-based languages, plus multiple others that are undiscovered by me. She speaks these in almost perfect dialect with clear concise phrases. Now what you should know about (Aunt Paige we'll call her) Aunt Paige is she is very intuned with her spiritual self and is a very distinguished psychic /shaman..This has been proven tenfold to me and I trust her opinions beyond anything else..She says that the act of knowing languages and other useful bits of trivia that you could not possible know or conceive while sleeping is very common in people who leave themselves open to the spiritual and natural realms..Most of the time this is unknowing and innaccurate babble unless trained, but can sometimes be used to send messages to others and possibly give guidance to those who need it. Also, for those who believe in reincarnation, it can be clues to who you were and where you were from in the past..

#21    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

Is it possible that maybe they're talking in what just sounds like other languages?  I know half the time when someone's talking in their sleep it's hard to distinguish perfect English much less a language no one else speaks.

#22    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

Use your virus cleaners folks.

Posted Image

#23    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

Files not found.

As far as I'm aware, I only speak english in my sleep.  Sometimes I wonder if it's kind of like a radio, where we pick up what's out there, convert it/amplify it, and then use our speaker-mouths to "play" it.

#24    Phowl

Phowl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:55 AM

Can you re-upload the recording? The file is no longer there.

#25    Spirited

Spirited

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• Free Spirit

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

Recently my new partner said to me that i talk a lot in my sleep.  She explained to me that it was not in English.  I did not believe her, so she recorded me, at least three times per night i say sentences in different languages which i do not understand, which came as a massive shock.  I have recorded five evenings of my sleep, hours and hours of snoring (to my shame) and now feel safe in saying that what you read above is true.   Has anyone else experienced this or heard of anything similar???

Click "edweirdo" below to hear a recording

edweirdo

This happened to me as well on several occasions. Sometimes I speak English or babble that my brother has noticed. I think maybe I had an active day and now speaking through my sleep.

#26    Spirited

Spirited

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• Free Spirit

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Recently my new partner said to me that i talk a lot in my sleep.  She explained to me that it was not in English.  I did not believe her, so she recorded me, at least three times per night i say sentences in different languages which i do not understand, which came as a massive shock.  I have recorded five evenings of my sleep, hours and hours of snoring (to my shame) and now feel safe in saying that what you read above is true.   Has anyone else experienced this or heard of anything similar???

Click "edweirdo" below to hear a recording

edweirdo

This happened to me as well on several occasions. Sometimes I speak English or babble that my brother has noticed. I think maybe I had an active day and now speaking through my sleep.

#27    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

Another theory which thinks our DNA may carry some memories of our ancestors. Maybe that explains this?

Uhhh, no. As some of these languages have changed after we branched apart.

What sounds like a foreign language is just actually babble. Your mind links it to a language. Same with stroke patients with a 'foreign' accent. The accent does not resemble any other nationality, but your mind links it to the closest one.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#28    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:06 AM

Is it possible that maybe they're talking in what just sounds like other languages?  I know half the time when someone's talking in their sleep it's hard to distinguish perfect English much less a language no one else speaks.

I agree. Spontaneously I can speak an interesting form of glossolalia. I've never tried to make up words for this language, they simply come out and quite often it seems as though some words repeat and that I am unconciously following a grammatical structure. It's an interesting ability. I believe everyone can do it, it's not too difficult, for myself at least.

Recording oneself at night sounds like an interesting experiment, I've contemplated it before. I think I'll try it and see what, if anything, turns up.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#29    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:16 AM

I agree that it may just sound like other languages. Like pareidollia - when you see faces in meaningless patterns... In this case you hear languages in meaningless sounds.
Remember "Murder in Morgue street" (or something like that) by Poe, where people of different nationalities mistook orangutan's babble for languages they couldn't understand.

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#30    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:22 AM

Uhhh, no. As some of these languages have changed after we branched apart.

What sounds like a foreign language is just actually babble. Your mind links it to a language. Same with stroke patients with a 'foreign' accent. The accent does not resemble any other nationality, but your mind links it to the closest one.

I agree. Spontaneously I can speak an interesting form of glossolalia. I've never tried to make up words for this language, they simply come out and quite often it seems as though some words repeat and that I am unconciously following a grammatical structure. It's an interesting ability. I believe everyone can do it, it's not too difficult, for myself at least.

Recording oneself at night sounds like an interesting experiment, I've contemplated it before. I think I'll try it and see what, if anything, turns up.

I agree that it may just sound like other languages. Like pareidollia - when you see faces in meaningless patterns... In this case you hear languages in meaningless sounds.
Remember "Murder in Morgue street" (or something like that) by Poe, where people of different nationalities mistook orangutan's babble for languages they couldn't understand.

yes.gif I think we solved the problem thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users