Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Evil of Disney

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#16    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 09 November 2003 - 07:31 AM

I will admit I laughed my ass off when I read the initial article (not because I disagree with it but because it sounded like me ranting... well minus alot of the profanity)

Anyway I agree Disney had slid alot in the past years. Although their older stuff was just as bad. I'm just glad New Line got the LOTR rights. I just shudder to think how that would have looked.....

Mentioned before was also alot of supposed stereo types etc.... I say "meh" to that. The whole sensitivity PC stuff is passe. It time people grew thicker skins and realised that racism, sexism etc has been around for a long time and will be around long after we are gone....it doesn't make it right at all but it is there and we have to acknowledge that instead of sweeping it under the PC rug and hoping it will go away.

Anyway Disney is on the top three most corrupted american companies list in my book ( along with Microsoft and Wal-Mart). I would bet that ol' Walt Would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what was going on....

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#17    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:02 AM

I'm sorry to disagree but I'm a huge fan of Disney movies! Although I can't stand Mickey or Donald or Goofy or any of the original lot!

I think the imagination that goes into the films is incredible and my dream job would be to work on them, adding a bit of my creativeness to the magic!

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourites, it was different from everything else they've ever done. And I love Lilo and Stitch! Some of the more recent films have too much computer effects in them, and I agree that most of the sequels are VERY poor, but I love all the classics and still remain first in line to see the next big picture that is out. (I know I've just asked to be slaughtered!! whistling2.gif )

w00t.gif  

#18    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Bright Eyes @ Nov 11 2003, 03:02 AM)
(I know I've just asked to be slaughtered!! whistling2.gif )

Not at all, Bright Eyes.  You have to try REALLY hard to get "slaughtered" here. wink2.gif

I have nothing against Micky (Satan), Donald and Goofy (evil minions).  I am still a huge fan of Fantasia, probably one of the best animated movies of all time, and all done without computer generation or digital recording.

My point is that Disney should be a better example.  Yes, I know there is corruption in corporate business.  That is, sadly, to be expected in today's world.  But Disney is supposed to be happy and wholesome, family oriented fun.  And it is.  On the outside.  I'm just pointing out that even the best apples can have a rotten core.

Why not attack some other mega-company?  Walmart?  Verizon?  Six-Flags?  These guys don't pander to the kids.  We don't put them on the same moral pedestal as we do Disney.  That is why when we find this kind of corruption in Disney, it stands out that much more.

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#19    Haggis

Haggis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (schadeaux @ Oct 30 2003, 03:33 PM)
In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Daffy and Donald have a piano duel, Daffy is seen to sprout an erection during the scene.

WDIV -TV in Detroit found a dirty word spoken in the cartoon short "The Clock Cleaner", Daffy Duck was clearly heard to say "F**k You". When this was discovered, Wal-Mart pulled the video from the shelves. Disney edited it and re-released it for sale. Even though they said it really wasn't there, you dirty minded people.

Daffy is a Warner Bros. cartoon, not Disney.

#20    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:24 PM

questionable things about disney:

In Aladdin the genie as a bee, tells teenagers to take off their clothes.

The Beast sports a tattoo in Beauty and the Beast.

Finland once banned Donald Duck because he wears no pants.

. Letters spelling the word S-E-X are formed by a cloud of dust in The Lion King.

Rafiki chants a naughty phrase in a talking Lion King book.

A phallus was drawn on the video cover of The Little Mermaid by a disgruntled artist.

A minister becomes aroused during the wedding scene in The Little Mermaid.

The look of Tinker Bell in Peter Pan was based on Marilyn Monroe.

Photographic images of a topless woman can be spotted in The Rescuers.

The film Song of the South has never been released on home video in the USA.

Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.

Lemmings were induced into jumping off a cliff for this Disney nature film.

Mischievous animators drew Jessica Rabbit naked. also  Scene where cab crashes, her skirt flies up, exposing pubic hairs.

Donald Duck shouts a racial epithet at Daffy Duck.

Pedophilia relationship between Snow White and the Seven dwarves. Those dirty old men...

ooops..sorry darkshade. i hadnt realized you had already posted a link to this.. untill i went back and read the oter posts..    crying.gif  crying.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#21    Haggis

Haggis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (schadeaux @ Oct 30 2003, 03:33 PM)

[QUOTE]It's been mused over and pointed out that without fail, in almost every Disney cartoon, the mother is killed off post haste and the main character is left an orphan. Within minutes of the opening credits. Who didn't cry when Dumbo's mom gently rocked her baby in her trunk as he cooed, unsuspecting, on the other side of that wooden pen - all she could do as she awaited being led to her death? I still cry when I think about it. I cried when I was a kid and saw that. I knew what it all meant. What about Bambi's mom getting shotgun blasted to death and him, not knowing, wandering around calling her? Jesus! How sick is that? Let's kill the Mothers! That'll set up the story nicely.

In Finding Nemo, at the start of the movie, Nemo's mom, and all of Nemos brothers and sisters are killed. Leaving just the dad and Nemo.

Anyways.....about all the discusting sex stuff that you can find in Disney movies, I never noticed any of that stuff when I was a kid, plus when your a kid you don't know any different. These are kids movies, and I am sure that a kid is not gunna say, Hey mom why does that minister have a boner? or why did the Genie tell Aladin to take his clothes off? Kids don't think like that, and I would have never known about this stuff, if people wouldn't have gone these movies with a fine tip comb looking for perverted stuff. Like how the hell would anybody see the word sex in a dust cloud, I heard about this a couple years ago and tried to pin point it out, I personally couldn't see it, it goes by soo fast.

I have a story about Walt Disney that I read. It went something like this.
On the eve of Walts 35th birthday, the Disney company wanted to put on a big birthday party for Walt. Two animators for Disney thought it would be funny to suprise Walt with a cartoon, in the cartoon it despicted Mickey and Minnie getting it on. They knew Walt would just get a kick out of it. So came the night of the party, and the unvailing of the cartoon, after the cartoon was shown, Walt was laughing hysterically, and playfully asked who made the cartoon. The two animators stood up with smiles on there faces and walked over to where Walt was. Walt right then fired both of them on the spot, and then Walt got up and walked out of his own party.

#22    Melladior

Melladior

Poltergeist

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:16 PM

Well wheres MY prince dammit ???

His name is Trevor, and he's remodeling my Ex's house right now.

#23    Pious Augustus

Pious Augustus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:47 PM

Anyways.....about all the discusting sex stuff that you can find in Disney movies, I never noticed any of that stuff when I was a kid, plus when your a kid you don't know any different. These are kids movies, and I am sure that a kid is not gunna say, Hey mom why does that minister have a boner? or why did the Genie tell Aladin to take his clothes off? Kids don't think like that, and I would have never known about this stuff, if people wouldn't have gone these movies with a fine tip comb looking for perverted stuff. Like how the hell would anybody see the word sex in a dust cloud, I heard about this a couple years ago and tried to pin point it out, I personally couldn't see it, it goes by soo fast.

exactly! I had seen all of these movies a countless number of times as a kid, and i never noticed any of this stuff. only the people who are actually hoping to find something will notice anything. and even if i saw "SEX" in a dust cloud, i seriously doubt that i would have known what the word meant nor would i be able to explain it to someone else.

btw: Brother Bear was a very cute addition to the Disney family

"Ballad of Serenity"
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I dont care, I'm still free
You cant take the sky from me...
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

#24    Lady Sabrina

Lady Sabrina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:47 AM

I have always been curious as to why there was only ever one female smurf! LOL  laugh.gif

Lady Sabrina.

Webmaster: Deb's Web Haven

Forum Mod: The Supernatural World Forums

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank

#25    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:23 AM

I love The Sword in the Stone. wub.gif  And I love Disney. wub.gif  

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#26    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:56 PM

I just plain hate Disney.  Even the wholesomeness is unrealistic and stupid.  And I hate musicals anyway.  But I love Fantasia too.  I don't know anymore. disgust.gif  

Nothing to see here.

#27    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Pious Augustus @ Nov 23 2003, 12:47 PM)

exactly! I had seen all of these movies a countless number of times as a kid, and i never noticed any of this stuff. only the people who are actually hoping to find something will notice anything. and even if i saw "SEX" in a dust cloud, i seriously doubt that i would have known what the word meant nor would i be able to explain it to someone else.

btw: Brother Bear was a very cute addition to the Disney family

Yeah...
But the undeniable photos of a topless woman planted into the Rescuers kinda screws up your theory... doesn't it? tongue.gif  

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#28    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (moe eubleck @ Nov 21 2003, 10:24 AM)
questionable things about disney:

a) In Aladdin the genie as a bee, tells teenagers to take off their clothes.

cool.gif   The Beast sports a tattoo in Beauty and the Beast.

c)   Finland once banned Donald Duck because he wears no pants.

d) Letters spelling the word S-E-X are formed by a cloud of dust in The Lion King.

e)   Rafiki chants a naughty phrase in a talking Lion King book.

f)   A phallus was drawn on the video cover of The Little Mermaid by a disgruntled artist.

g)   A minister becomes aroused during the wedding scene in The Little Mermaid.

h)   The look of Tinker Bell in Peter Pan was based on Marilyn Monroe.

i)  Photographic images of a topless woman can be spotted in The Rescuers.

j)   The film Song of the South has never been released on home video in the USA.

k)   Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation.

l)   Lemmings were induced into jumping off a cliff for this Disney nature film.

m)   Mischievous animators drew Jessica Rabbit naked. also  Scene where cab crashes, her skirt flies up, exposing pubic hairs.

n)   Donald Duck shouts a racial epithet at Daffy Duck.
o)   Pedophilia relationship between Snow White and the Seven dwarves. Those dirty old men...

ooops..sorry darkshade. i hadnt realized you had already posted a link to this.. untill i went back and read the oter posts..    crying.gif  crying.gif

a) This is actually two different voices... blended together they do seem to form the phrase "good teenagers, take off your clothes."  But this is clearly not what was said, as Aladdin's voice blends with a second unknown voice to create a concatanated phrase.  Actually... this second voice has been proposed in the past to be an EMT and might actually prove for fascinating analysis on this board.
cool.gif A minor joke thrown in for a frame of two by an animator... no big deal here.
c) Not true at all... read the Snopes link.
d) Is it "SFX" or is that just Disney just trying to cover thier behinds... maybe it IS "SEX"
e) Not true at all... rolleyes.gif Really have to stretch your mind to try to make that sound like "smashed bannanas up your @$$"
f) Maybe... maybe not.  Snopes claims to debunk it, but they really have no proof.
g) Oh comon people... give me a break.
h) whooptie doo...
i) Undeniably true... and this is what puts all Disney's other claims of innocence to shame.
j) True, but who cares... Disney made a film that was acceptable by the narrow minded people of the time that has quickly become unacceptable.  I'm sure that every surviving studio from that era is guilty of the same.
k) As gross and strange as it sounds (and I haven't seen it, so I can't say wether there is anything objectionable about it) is WAS an educational video...  god forbid. rolleyes.gif
l) True, and what a sick bastard that film maker was!
m) Yeah... sure... look at the frames...  Looks NOTHING like that to me.  Must be people who have never seen a woman's short-and-curlies that came up with this one. (Although most of the people that watch Disney films over and over again looking for sexual references undoubtedly belong to that classification! wink2.gif )
n) Hmmm... another one that could be true.  And although Disney tries to defend it, thier reputation is against them.
o) Um... ok.  How do you figure?
Though most of these are obviously bunk created by overactive imaginations, the ones that are undetermined are hard for Disney to defend (a, d, f, and n) simply for the fact that they are CLEARLY guilty of placing pictures of a naked woman into the Rescuers...  What puts them above these other possible references. (Since this is clearly far worse.)
n)  

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#29    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

very true sax!
I just want to know why people think that a nude image is evil to begin with.
The reactions we have to these things have a direct effect on our childrens development.  Reacting as if the image of a nude woman is evil, teaches our kids to be ashamed of thier bodies.
  Kids dont understand things like nudity and phallic symbols. best to just ignore them.
Its funny to see parents  who bring thier kids to R rated movies. They let them watch people getting thier heads blow off, but as soon as a sex scene comes on the eyes get covered.
  Funny how people  focus on the nude picture in The Rescuers , while totally ignoring whats going on in the actual movie.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#30    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:24 PM

Yes, isn't it odd that it is okay to see people getting wasted but the moment they are naked everybody freaks out.

Anyway, as for Disney, I never got the racial/sexual references, and I would immediately keep an eye out for people who go out of their way to look for such references. It seems sex is on THEIR mind s24 hours a day and everything they sees is related to sex in some way and thus they must be mentally disturbed. whistling2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users