Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P Steve Irwin

dantheman2435

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReviewDude

• frogfish

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Pax Unum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is so sad! :( It was kind of bound to happen though. I just thought it would have been by a crocodile!

I somehow don't have a hard time believing that he was killed by a wild animal...

Just heard about this! its crazy!

====

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said today.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest and reportedly into his heart .

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the tragedy occured.

The Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) was called about 11am (AEST) and an emergency services helicopter was flown to the crew's boat on Batt Reef, off the coast near Cairns, with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Irwin's body is being flown to Cairns.

It is believed his American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and is yet to be told of her husband's death.

The Irwins have two children - a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a three-year-old son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin.

Source

===

I feel bad for his wife and kids :(. He was an awsome guy.

yeah... I've a hard time believing it too....

guess he is though... that's a shame.. my kids loved him.. :(

Edited by _Nyx_

"Aw Crickey". News just in - Steve Irwin, known around the world as The Crocodile Hunter, died earlier today. He was impaled on the barb of a Stingray while filming a documentary on the North Coast of Australia. At least he was doing what he enjoyed right to the very end.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Television personality and environmentalist Steve Irwin has died in a marine accident in north Queensland.

The 44-year-old is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

The Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) said a call was received about 11am (AEST) on Monday and an emergency services helicopter was flown to the boat on Batt Reef, off the coast near Cairns, with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Mr Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Mr Irwin's body is being flown to Cairns.

It's believed Mr Irwin's American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and has yet to be told of her husband's death.

Mr Irwin - known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter - is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!".

The father of two's Crocodile Hunter program was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on cable network Discovery.

He's also starred in movies and has developed the Australia Zoo wildlife park, north of Brisbane, which was started by his parents Bob and Lyn Irwin.

The Irwins have two children - a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a three-year-old son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin.

Bob was involved in a controversial incident with his father in January, 2004, when he dangled him near a crocodile at Australia Zoo.

Mr Irwin carried his infant son in one arm while feeding a dead chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand.

Child welfare and animal rights groups criticised his actions as irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse.

Mr Irwin stated any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Australia Zoo for his official Christmas card last year, hailed Mr Irwin for his work in promoting Australia.

Mr Irwin was heavily involved in last year's "G'Day LA" campaign.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," a spokesman said.

Source

Edited by Paranoid Android

That sucks man. I watched his show all the time. That was like the best thing on animal planet.

R.I.P. Steve. :cry:

:cry: *moment of silence*

I always wanted to be like him, at least died doing what he loved :cry::cry::cry:

I was never a fan of Steves but he was a pretty big part of Australian Culture.

farewell to a true Aussie Icon.

What a horrible loss. :(

He very much deserved to be the icon he is, and I don't think he will ever stop being one.

I hope they were able to catch the stingray, I'm sure the family could find some use for it.

Rest easily.

Well, I guess it comes with the job...he lived dangerously.

I'm not a fan, but still, his death is a shock and quite tragic. There aren't many around like him.

RIP

That's horrible. But I can't say it really surprises me.

It was a dangerous job, but I was still surprised - nothing ever prepares you for something like this.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: We should have an international day of mourning.

Does anybody else know about this?

Steve Irwin, the world famous Crocodile Hunter, has apparently been killed in a diving accident in Queensland. He was supposedly stabbed through the heart by a stingray, paramedics were called to the scene but it was no use.

It hasnt been confirmed nor denied yet but if it's true, it's a sad day for Australia.

source: clicky

:mellow:

Edited by Lottie

It was a dangerous job, but I was still surprised - nothing ever prepares you for something like this.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: We should have an international day of mourning.

I agree, public holiday, no Uni, lets celebrate mourn his passing

Nooooo! :(:( Can't be true! I watched sooooo many of his programs on discovery. What a fearless guy he was; he cared so much for animals.

Edited by Bone_Collector

I read about this earlier tonight. What a horrible thing. :( I can't believe it was this one thing that finally killed him. He's done so many more courageous and dangerous things. I admire what he's done for animals and nature in general. There aren't a whole lot of people willing to do what he has done. His shows were always entertaining. My thoughts are with his family, who must be in complete shock right now. I feel bad for them.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin. You will really be missed.

RIP Steve, you were a legend.

Thoughts with his family and friends