Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hell Hounds

dancin'hamster

Just been pootling around and found this corker of a story from O'Neills ~

"After a night with some of my friends dicussing the "old times", I was reminded of a tale that was told to me by my brother one night. It's quite a interesting tale, and I thought you might like it.

While waiting for one of his dates to get ready, my brother spent some time with his date's landlord waiting for her. The landlord had a huge library and my brother struck up a conversation with her. While browsing through her books, he spotted a book relating to occult incantations and the like. Upon further examining the books, he inquired as to why she had so many. The landlord replied that she had been given those books by her daughter when she divorced her husband. The landlord told my brother that there was an interesting story behind the Incantation book, and asked if he was interested in hearing it. He replied yes, and she told him the tale that I'll pass on to you right now.

The landlords daughter married a man rather quickly without getting to know him very well. After a few weeks of marriage, she discovered he dabbled in the occult. One night the couple was invited to another couples trailer for a night out. On the way to the trailer, the husband presented a book he was quite excited over. It was a book of Occult incantations, (the same book my brother had noticed on the shelf.) The wife was not too happy to see the book, but just blew it off, not believing in such things.

Later in the evening, after a few "root beers", the foursome decide to try a few of the spells in the book. The women who owned the trailer put her son to bed, and the group began to read some incantations. Now, the trailer itself was located off in a remote location with the next closest trailer being about half a mile away. The area was a wooded location, and it was during the winter.

As the group continued to read, they began to hear the baying and barking off two dogs off in the distance. Putting it off to the neighbors, the group read on. One of the women suddenly stopped a few minutes later when she realized that the dogs were closer, and seemed to be coming closer to the trailer. After some reassurance by the men, she rejoined the group and continued reading. Before they knew it, the dogs were outside of the trailer.

A little confused, the men blew it off, but the women felt uncomftorable. The ladies quit, but the men continued to read on from the book. As the two read more and more, and began to get deep within a incantation, the dogs outside began to get more agitated. Their barking was fierce, and they began to pace around the outside of the trailer. The trailer owner became agitated, and began to go outside but the other man, the book owner, stopped him. As they stood in the doorway, they observed hug paw prints in the snow, and already a well worn trail around the front of the trailer. Growling from the darkness greeted them, and they promptly shut the door.

By now, the women were shaken, and began to get very worried. The two began to read from the Bible. As they read, the dogs pacing began to increase, and they actually began to jump up onto the sides of the trailer. From what the group could hear, the dogs sounded like they were massive. The sides of the trailer would tremble when struck by the hounds. By now, the male owner of the trailer joined into the prayers. They stopped only to lock the doors, and bolt the windows.

After about another hour or so of this, the dogs suddenly stopped, but remained outside the trailer. The group heard what sounded like footsteps in the snow outside. As the group listened, the footsteps stopped right outside the front door, and the sound of the dogs moving to the same spot was heard. The owner of the trailer, yelled "Hello?" and immediately the dogs began to bark again. The females, terrified, began to read from the Bible again. As soon as the words left their lips, the dogs began pacing again. But this time, they were joined by the sound of something, or someone walking around the same path.

Soon after, a small window in the bathroom shattered. The two men ran to the room, and opened the door. The windows glass was spread on the floor, and they could hear the deep growling of a dog just outside, and below the window. They slammed the door, and returned to the living room. But as they were heading back, a crash came from the bedroom of the little boy. Sprinting back to his room, they found him sitting up in bed, crying. He said that a noise woke him up, and that a "scary" thing kept knocking on his window. As the father removed him from the bed, he noticed what the sound was; a small statue of Jesus that the boy had on his nightstand had fallen to the floor, and broken. But the boy claimed he had not knocked it off. It just fell.

The group returned to the living room, and prayed the rest of the night. As dawn approached, the dogs barking faded off into the distance, accompanied by the footsteps. As the morning finally arrived, the group went outside, and found a well worn path of dog prints along with the prints of something they couldn't distinguish. The homeowner called his neighbors, but they all denied hearing any barking or other noise. The couples parted, shaken but safe.

Not long after, the landlord's daughter divorced her husband, and while she was cleaning out their home she stumbled across the books and gave them to her mother, who added them to her book collection."

blink.gif

Hammy x x x

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• Nxt2Hvn

• Thistle

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly devils. If you ask me, they probably spooked themselves. Lots of big dogs around in trailer parks.

There's a dog near my house that makes the Hound of the Baskervilles look like a puppy.

Unless that's a hell hound as well. blink.gif

*faints*

OMG!!!!!! Am I seeing this???????? *rubs eyes with paws*

Cuff-The-Puff NOT SCARED by this story...........

and I thought it was a good 'un ....... sad.gif

Clammy-Hammy x x x

*faints*

OMG!!!!!! Am I seeing this???????? *rubs eyes with paws*

Cuff-The-Puff NOT SCARED by this story...........

rolleyes.gif

*raises an eyebrow*

I'll have you know, young miss Hamster, that I'm not scared by every story.

Why, I could give you many examples, like er, um....like um....er...

Oi!!! Cuff-the-what? ohmy.gif

My solicitor will be in touch with yours. tongue.gif

sorry flower ~ must have been delerious when I wrote that....... delirious......delir....not well wacko.gif

sorry flower ~ must have been delerious when I wrote that....... delirious......delir....not well wacko.gif

awww...bless...

I know, petal. No harm done. I think my secret's still safe. tongue.gif

back to the story........didn't it make you feel a little bit spooked?

If it was just ordinary doggies, why did they feel the need to attack the trailor?

Have you heard that terrifying story of the couple who spent the night in a small hut in the woods and were attacked by a huge black hound that got onto the roof? It only disappeared at dawn..........and left no paw-prints in the mud outside dontgetit.gif

back to the story........didn't it make you feel a little bit spooked?

If it was just ordinary doggies, why did they feel the need to attack the trailor?

No, Hams, it didn't. I think they're either hysterical or fibbing.

And anyway, dogs are mental beggars. That's why I'm a cat person. original.gif

Am a hamster person myself..........I can really identify with them. Party all night, sleep all day, like to be alone, lots of fluffy bedding etc etc

Am a hamster person myself..........I can really identify with them. Party all night, sleep all day, like to be alone, lots of fluffy bedding etc etc

Funny you should say that, Hams.

I sometimes have an urge to chase balls of wool. blink.gif

Funny you should say that, Hams.

I sometimes have an urge to chase balls of wool. blink.gif

Well I am a dog person but thankfully I have never felt the urge to run up to a complete stranger and sniff their groin!!!! laugh.gif

If it's any consolation to you Hammy, That story sent a shiver up my spine

thumbsup.gif

Glad it gave someone the willies grin2.gif

Cuffs.......you're getting a wee bit sceptical......anything to do with a certain jelly-baby-munching-Slinky-Winky......?

Squitty-Hammy x x x

cool.gif

Glad it gave someone the willies grin2.gif

Cuffs.......you're getting a wee bit sceptical......anything to do with a certain jelly-baby-munching-Slinky-Winky......?

Squitty-Hammy x x x

cool.gif

Ooh...get miss sulky...one story that doesn't scare me senseless, and suddenly I'm a sceptic. rolleyes.gif

And I haven't a clue which young lady you're refering to. whistling2.gif

grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

LLLLMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and am not sulky....am squiffy sad.gif

Hammy -

Here is a story of another Demon Dogs / Hell Hound...

THE HOUND OF GOSHEN:South Carolina

In the old days before the Civil War, many wealthy Charleston planters had homes in the mountains of South and North Carolina where they could escape the humid heat and malaria that summer months brought to the Lowcountry. The main stagecoach route was called the Old Buncombe Road, which roughly parallels Interstate 26 on today's map. In Union County, near the Newberry County line, was a small village called "Goshen Township" on the old Buncombe Road. Around 1850 a peddler and his faithful dog passed thru the settlement about the time a gruesome murder had occurred. Being a stranger, the peddler had no one to stand up for his integrity and after a hasty "trial," he was publicly hanged. His poor white hound stayed beside his master during the hanging, and for three days after the dead man was buried, the dog stayed at the spot and howled pitifully. The "good" townfolk put an end to this by stoning the poor animal to death. It wasn't very long until travelers along the old road began reporting a large white dog which lurched at their horses, and which was very white and frightening in appearance. Those brave enough slashed at the dog with their buggy whips, but the whip passed thru the apparition. The dog would follow the frightened passengers until it reached a certain cemetery--then was seen to leap thru the locked gates. A Dr. Douglass was a country physician whose home was on the old road, and until his death maintained that the ghost dog often accompanied him on his rounds--he was never afraid of the ghost and considered it to be a friend. By 1936 the road had been paved, and automobiles had replaced the horse and buggy, but the dog was still reported by those in cars, on horseback, and folks out for an evening stroll. One night in 1936 a young man was frightened almost to death by the dog, and barely reached his doctor's house before passing out. The dog was reported in the late 1970's when an old lady, whose house faced the old road (now seldom used), was sitting on her front porch. She saw a large white dog come into her yard..increase in size, and leap toward her. She fainted dead away, but was able to recount her story when she recovered. The last reported sighting was in 1998, so the dog still roams the road. As a sad footnote, a deathbed confession by an old man in the 1880's proved the innocence of the peddler!

Hope you enjoyed!

Nxt2hvn! wink2.gif

Many thanks Nxt grin2.gif

I've heard this story before, but not in as much detail. Interesting stuff blink.gif

Have you read my other thread on Black Dogs?

Hammy x x x

Glad you enjoyed...

Not yet... but I will check it out

Thanks,

Nxt2Hvn

*scampers off to bump her Black Dogs thread*