Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

[Merged] The Avengers (2012)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 03 May 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

hehe totally meant "Dside". :ph34r: oopsy

That's alright, the advice was sound!

And I got a chuckle, it's all good :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

video from the Avengers soundtrack

Posted Image
Jaguars don't have time to wait~
http://action.biolog...action_KEY=1680

Jaguar

#48    Melly

Melly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

• "Dude means nice guy. Dude means a regular sort of person." - Captain America

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

I just got back from seeing this and it was...not bad.  Again, I did the same thing with Captain America, got all super psyched and such and ended up leaving the theater a little on the blah side.  My son loved it. It was still a pretty good action flick with plenty of humour. Thor and Iron Man had the best lines, imo. But I had a lot of "waitaminute" moments. Greg and I both wondered how Thor got back to Earth since the bridge-thingy was destroyed.  It was explained but kind of in a "We better throw in an explanation just to say we did" kind of way. I liked it though. I enjoy superhero movies and their comic books.   It was worth nearly having to stand outside waiting in line (the line-up went out the doors, lol). We didn't bother with the 3D and after watching the movie, I don't think it would have made much of difference anyhow.

"...I shake you warmly by the hand."- Willy Wonka
"Nope. I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that!" - Earl Hickey

#49    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

going to see this tonight, is it 6:30 yet?

Posted Image

Jaguar

#50    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Excellent, excellent movie.  Between it and the Dark Knight, the superhero bar has been raised pretty high - I wonder if Spider Man can hang?

As far as I'm concerned, no one should ever do another super hero movie other than Joss Whedon.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#51    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Incredible movie! 2 1/2 hours wasn't long enough! It's no wonder this thing is shattering records across the board. Can't wait for the next one.

Dark Knight will hang but I don't have a lot of hope for the new Spidey, though I will see it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#52    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

After seeing it once I already want to see The Avengers again.  No wonder it took about 5? years to make.  
All the actors & action was cool, and I was impressed with Scarlett Johansson's performance, as she is talented, and as my son says, Hot."  She recently received her star on the walk of fame.  :tsu:
I have the dvd 'Love Song for Bobby Long' with John Travolta & Scarlett, and like it too.  

Posted Image

Jaguar

#53    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

A Minute With: Scarlett Johansson and the Black Widow

http://www.chicagotr...0,6846744.story

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jaguar

#54    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'll just put this right here.

i-d-hammer-that.jpg

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#55    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Amazing movie, Marvel did everything right. DC take note. My only minor issues is that I would have liked to know more about the aliens and while it was cool that everyone got to smack Loki it did take away from his big bad vibe.

I guess there's 30 mins that got cut (but will be in the DVD) that focuses more on Cap adjusting to the modern world.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#56    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

View Postkatzemacht, on 08 May 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

A Minute With: Scarlett Johansson and the Black Widow

http://www.chicagotr...0,6846744.story

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#57    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jaguar

#58    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

It was a great flick, I enjoyed the crap out of it. LOL. The special effects and set designs were very well done I thought. I've seen little mentioned about them. I thought they totally worked and had purpose and a point. The writing was fantastic (but I expect no less from Joss Wheadon), and the acting was great. It's one I'll get on BlueRay and watch several times over.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#59    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I saw it again in 3D this time around and my opinions have improved, I give it solid 6 or a slim 7. It is pure abashed super hero entertainment afterall.

I reiterate:

But I still wished they would have provided a square-jawed more physically imposing older actor to play Steve Rogers aka Captain America because not only is Cap a super soldier but in the comics he is inspiring and a leader to the core. Chris Evans is too young and inexperienced looking.

And Ruffalo is the BEST Banner/Hulk ever on the silverscreen!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#60    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

ITs good to see good reviews ,Ive been told by three people that I go to movies with that I respect that it was good ,but not great , Now Its my turn to See ! Hope Its Great ! Keep the replys rolling
!

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users