Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 17 Photo Anomalies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#46    Redtail

Redtail

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:05 AM

Redtail .....  You asked ... "What are the "flat shaped ceiling mounts" mounted to? "

An overhead stagelight rack .

An "overhead stagelight rack" that is less that 7 ft off the ground?

And Frankie kicked a mine
The day mankind kicked the moon
God help me... he was goin home in June...

#47    Schutzengel

Schutzengel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

Redtail .....  You asked ... "What are the "flat shaped ceiling mounts" mounted to? "

Gavsto ....  I have answered all of your questions repeatedly ... If you choose not to understand them or want to pretend not to understand them , then you are just playing games and wasting my time .

3a) I shall await the diagram!

Okay , here it is ...   I have outlined the basic features of it ... and it doesn't look like any  smudge or a smear that I've ever seen before .... but what it DOES look like is the back of a ..... SPOTLIGHT !

user posted image

dude i want ome of what you are smoking ....

the mark IS oil from the hands or gloves of the astronaut... i have seen this literally thousands of times... oil of schmutz on the hands or glove leave a fingerprint which is smeared when the hand is taken away
or a streaky smudge like this when the fingertips or gloves are used to push open or closed the visor...

#48    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,949 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

Seeing how reflecting something in a convex mirror makes it look a lot smaller, that spotlight is either enormous or placed very close to the helmet.  So close that it should be visible in the full frame of the photo.  Where is it?

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#49    Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Gavsto ....  I have answered all of your questions repeatedly ... If you choose not to understand them or want to pretend not to understand them , then you are just playing games and wasting my time .

This thread has now reached a point where you are not providing answers to extremely relevant questions, I'm going to drop Aquatus a line and see what he can do.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

#50    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,648 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:52 AM

the mark IS oil from the hands or gloves of the astronaut... i have seen this literally thousands of times... oil of schmutz on the hands or glove leave a fingerprint which is smeared when the hand is taken away
or a streaky smudge like this when the fingertips or gloves are used to push open or closed the visor...

I just want to interject something here. Remember all people don't *see*the same things, we tend to interpret the things we see. Seeing all sorts of things in all sorts of other things is called pareidolia. Here's a site with lots of photos illustrating this phenomenon.

To one person the mark on the visor is just any oily smear, to those who hold strong beliefs it's something else entirely.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#51    Graphixman

Graphixman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

To me they appear to be reflections from objects on the surface, and also equipment taken out from the L.E.M.  

hmm.gif

Lycanthropy: A Disease  Not a crime

#52    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

An "overhead stagelight rack" that is less that 7 ft off the ground?

Stage light racks and stage lights can be lowered to ANY HEIGHT .

I would rather be in the minority and know the truth , than to be in the majority and be in denial of the truth .

#53    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:13 PM

Which is not visible why exactly?

Stage light racks are BLACK ... Stage ceilings are BLACK .... The top part of the visor reflection is BLACK .... So I'm thinikng that's why the rest of the stage gear can't be seen reflected in the visor .

I would rather be in the minority and know the truth , than to be in the majority and be in denial of the truth .

#54    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

Seeing how reflecting something in a convex mirror makes it look a lot smaller, that spotlight is either enormous or placed very close to the helmet.  So close that it should be visible in the full frame of the photo.  Where is it?

It WAS enormous ... It had a lot of moon set stage to light up ....  Where is it in the other photos ? ....  Possibly air brushed out like so many other anomalies in the crudely faked Apollo photos .

#55    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

To me they appear to be reflections from objects on the surface, and also equipment taken out from the L.E.M.  

hmm.gif

There was no equipment taken to the moon with Apollo 17 that looked like spotlights , foot lights or stage lights ....  And these three photos reflect images of these objects .

#56    Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

Stage light racks are BLACK ... Stage ceilings are BLACK .... The top part of the visor reflection is BLACK .... So I'm thinikng that's why the rest of the stage gear can't be seen reflected in the visor .

And what happens when you shine a light on something BLACK. It becomes lighter than all the BLACK around it, so why's this not happening?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

#57    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

I just want to interject something here. Remember all people don't *see*the same things, we tend to interpret the things we see. Seeing all sorts of things in all sorts of other things is called pareidolia. Here's a site with lots of photos illustrating this phenomenon.

To one person the mark on the visor is just any oily smear, to those who hold strong beliefs it's something else entirely.

Lilly ...  I understand what you are saying but this is not the same thing as seeing Jesus in the clouds ..... This is NOT interpretation or misinterpretation .... The objects are real , and easily recognizable to anyone who looks at them for what they are .... and the only reason nasa defenders don't want to see them for what they are is because to do so they would have to admit that the Apollo photos were not taken on the moon ( as nasa claimed they were ) but rather faked on moon sets instead ....  Something which would be understandably upsetting for anyone who believed that nasa really landed men on the moon .

#58    Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

It WAS enormous ... It had a lot of moon set stage to light up ....  Where is it in the other photos ? ....  Possibly air brushed out like so many other anomalies in the crudely faked Apollo photos .

Prove it

#59    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,759 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

good point Lilly, I see a smudge on the visor... but, if you let your imagination run wild...  grin2.gif

#60    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,284 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

I have taken your diagram of the imaginary light and projected lines  (in green) to show where the imaginary rack would have to be (rather crudely I'm afraid. Like you I'm not good with graphics). Now bare in mind that the convex nature of the visor would bend my lines downwards making the effect even more pronounced.

user posted image

Now surely you can see the problem here. The reflection of your black rack would cut across the much lighter reflection of the lunar surface. It would be visible. The reason it isn't visible is because it doesn't exist.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users