Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Possible Angel Sightings?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Sthenno

Sthenno

Poltergeist

• 2,167 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

I知 going to say this again, because no one appears to have noticed the blindingly obvious: How on earth would anyone know that out of the thousands of civilians and hundreds of rescuers who were there that day, there was not one called Paul?

#17    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

They wouldn't know.  It's most probably one of the many legends that come out of an event such as this.  Maybe it's based on one of the real rescues and the volunteers simply didn't who Paul was - not everyone did know everyone else, of course.  Or maybe it's a tale that grew in the telling (it might have started as "oh, Paul's gone for a break" and then just got twisted, who knows).    

It's all part and parcel of dramatic events.  Or maybe something really did happen, after all.  If you believe in miracles, anything is possible.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 04 October 2006 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#18    Sthenno

Sthenno

Poltergeist

• 2,167 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

I agree - it just frustrates me when people repeat stores with such gaping holes in their logic.

I知 currently in the process of formulating my own conspiracy, by the way. You have been warned

#19    f0r real?

f0r real?

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

A fallen angel is still an angel, surely? If it wasn稚, it would be a fallen something-else. Apollyon is in the Book of Revelations, I believe. Off the top of my head the quote is something like 套and they have as king over them the angel of the pit, and his name is Apollyon. I will have to double check later, though.

So, both fallen angels, but angels nonetheless. I do disagree that there is little research put into 疎ngelology though; for a topic with only 4 (or two) beings to study there痴 an awful lot of literature out there. Appalling, vomit-inducing literature, admittedly, but no more so than most 租emonology books are cringe worthy teenage angst

A fallen angel is a demon. A fallen angel is sent to hell because they rebelled and commited sin against God. So an angel is not the same as a fallen-angel. One is good one is evil.

and yes, i believe that they do need to put more reasearch into this subject, instead of the popular demonology

#20    whatyawanathink

whatyawanathink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postf0r real?, on 01 October 2006 - 06:59 PM, said:

Can psychics see angels or are they only in heaven?  There isn't much research put in to angelology and we have all information on demonology. Another weird part is that they're tons of devils named in the Bible and yet only 2 angels named (Micheal and Gabriel).

Also, I've heard that babies were once angels and put here on Earth which is believable if your a Christian. There are so many questions and little research on angels.

EDIT: If you have seen an angel, please share your experience here as I am most interested. Thanks!
i live in des moines iowa.... last night i was with a ex and we both had been drinking... he was driving way out of control and we were coming up on a railroad crossing and the gates were down and there was already a car sitting there waiting. Dark or not you can usually see the train cars sitting there waiting to be moved. last night you couldn't. i was wondering if my ex was going to slow down.... and then i seen something i've never seen before...... 2 angels..... the one on the right caught more of my attention.. when i would picture angels i always invisioned them to be of human size.... i don't think they are.. they were male.. no clothing... and big...huge... tall.... the top of their wing span was at height with the frieght car...... physically strong.... shoulder length wavy hair......i don't think i imagined this......

#21    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostSthenno, on 03 October 2006 - 10:56 AM, said:

Can anyone answer my question with regards to the 9/11 story, or does belief in angel stories require one to suspend the application of logic?

Yeah, they probably yelled "PAUL!" real loud and got no answer, so no Paul around.

This is getting shilly - Math

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users