Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beware of the witches of Mexico

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

Witches, warlocks, shamans, curers, sorcerers, or whatever they may be called, the practitioners of magic-both white and black are revered and sometimes feared in Mexico.

For this is a country where belief in the occult proliferates not only among the rural and uneducated segments of society, but permeates the upper classes as well.

So prevalent is witchcraft in Mexico, its practitioners have their own national convention. Held each March in the tiny town of Catemaco, Veracruz, it draws witches, warlocks, curers, shamans, psychics, parapsychologists, wizards and sorcerers from all over the country. It is believed the site and the date for this event go back to the ancient Olmecs and is based on the annual ceremonies that purified their temples.   thumbsup.gif

http://www.mexicotravel.net/demo2/index.cf...mp;article_id=9

travel advisory, be warned!

http://www.planeta.com/planeta/00/0005mxwitches.html ohmy.gif

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 02 October 2006 - 08:28 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#2    Mr. Hand

Mr. Hand

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• Need a Hand....

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

i dont get what the angry.gif face is for?!? it looks like you are unhappy about this convention.

sounds like a paranormal star trek convention to me, whats the big deal? by your name and avatar i would assume you would be the first one through the door.

live long and prosper aztec warrior, nanu nanu and all that.

Posted ImageWhich death squad did you vote for?

#3    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

Law and Order did an episode on these witches living in New York.
The witch took care of elderly people and was also registered nurse.
She would make them get ill with potions and then after no one else could find out what was wrong and help them, she "helped" them get better for a small price.
She did this over and over again where they kept getting better and worse again and the price kept getting higher.  When she had all of the money from them she wanted then she killed them with her potions, and it appeared a progressive illness had done it to others.

Posted Image

#4    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

Honestly, it was the only halloween style witch they had.  I'll edit it out.

I'm dying again

#5    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Did any of you know that witches can conjure forth a poltergiest with certains spells?  Without protection, the poltergeist canl return to its maker with a vengence. The wicca consider the poltergiest as a lower form demon.

FYI
Sage is used to cleanse an environment.  So are several types of incense and sweet grass.  Indian sage will not stop spirits.  It is used to cleanse an area of energy, infuse a sense of tranquility or to create a positive flow of energy.  All three can be done with proper smudging techniques.  I would suggest you look Wicca facts on Shielding, Grounding, Connecting and look around at the various threads on smudging and cleansing.  I think these will all help those that are afflicted through this. Here is one for NoahJ.

I'm dying again

#6    Ryo Ohki

Ryo Ohki

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

I think I heard on tv a cop in Mexico said a alien dressed like a witch flew into his car or something.

Heaven didnt want me and Hell thinks I will take over.

#7    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:12 PM

I don't think it is right to sell things for ingestion that do not pass health or saftey inspections.
If they want to sell the recipes that would seem ok.

Posted Image

#8    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Princess Usagi SL Serenity

• 8,561 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

Another reason not to visit Mexico. No thank you.

Their own convention? Do they share each others spells/magic/secrets too?

#9    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

Oh for the love of the gods...

Fear what you don't understand, and spread complete noncense to make others fear like you, huh?

Black magic isn't evil... infact if you'd bother to talk to those who have been a witch longer then they have been in high school, along with staying off verious websites that contain complete noncence..  you'd know that black is concidered a power color. Neutral if anything, to boost the use of other colors.

Top that off... to believe you can summon things like demons or whatever..  What are you going to tell me next, that every spell used in "The Craft" was real to?

Yes, some can cast spells... which is like a prayer to their god or goddess of choice with items to help carry it through. However, the outcome of spell casting is always up to the fates or the gods to be carried out.

So in other words...  Just because a group of pagans(Witches, shamans, medican man, wizards...) want to get together for a gathering... don't fear it, or issue warnings. It's not hurting you, unless you like letting fear of what you don't understand harm you.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#10    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:51 AM

A gathering of Christians scares me more than a gathering of witches.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#11    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Princess Usagi SL Serenity

• 8,561 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Fear what you don't understand, and spread complete noncense to make others fear like you, huh?

Black magic isn't evil... infact if you'd bother to talk to those who have been a witch longer then they have been in high school, along with staying off verious websites that contain complete noncence..  you'd know that black is concidered a power color. Neutral if anything, to boost the use of other colors.

Oh I know. It's how Mexico is being right now. That's all.

I understand not everything is "evil" & goes along with The Devil himself.

I rather not incounter a person down there who is willing to hurt my family & myself.

Of course this does sound a bit weird for me. Who knew such people lived down there?

#12    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

The various websites that I read about witches in Mexico all included that selling potions is a thriving business there.
I have no desire to have narcotics, poisons, or hallucinogens dumped in my food or drink without my knowing it.
To me their description resembled that of illegal drug sellers with the added threat that many of the potions are intended to be used on others than the ones making the purchases.

Posted Image

#13    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

Top that off... to believe you can summon things like demons or whatever..  What are you going to tell me next, that every spell used in "The Craft" was real to?

Yes, some can cast spells... which is like a prayer to their god or goddess of choice with items to help carry it through. However, the outcome of spell casting is always up to the fates or the gods to be carried out.

So in other words...  Just because a group of pagans(Witches, shamans, medican man, wizards...) want to get together for a gathering... don't fear it, or issue warnings. It's not hurting you, unless you like letting fear of what you don't understand harm you.

You are reading to much into the article i quoted. I never said, nor did the article, that "black magic is evil' .  Who said I was fearful?  Who said witches were "hurting" me? All I did was post some Facts, not my personal opinion.

Zero reading comprehension, the obvious result of your American education system.
wacko.gif

I'm dying again

#14    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

Did any of you know that witches can conjure forth a poltergiest with certains spells?  Without protection, the poltergeist canl return to its maker with a vengence. The wicca consider the poltergiest as a lower form demon.

FYI
Sage is used to cleanse an environment.  So are several types of incense and sweet grass.  Indian sage will not stop spirits.  It is used to cleanse an area of energy, infuse a sense of tranquility or to create a positive flow of energy.  All three can be done with proper smudging techniques.  I would suggest you look Wicca facts on Shielding, Grounding, Connecting and look around at the various threads on smudging and cleansing.  I think these will all help those that are afflicted through this. Here is one for NoahJ.

False information... that's what I was drawing from.  That and ... Moon Princess's comment, thus sparked my rant.

Zero reading comprehension on your part.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#15    demonic presence

demonic presence

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

• Why should the son of fire fall down before a son of clay?

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

FYI

not so sure about the poltergeist thing, but i have heard of smudgings before, i have seens poeple do it after rituals to remove any residual energy from the area, never done it myself though

A gathering of Christians scares me more than a gathering of witches.

laugh.gif same here, whenever Christians gather, something bad is bound to happen lol

Black magic isn't evil... infact if you'd bother to talk to those who have been a witch longer then they have been in high school, along with staying off verious websites that contain complete noncence.. you'd know that black is concidered a power color. Neutral if anything, to boost the use of other colors.

Top that off... to believe you can summon things like demons or whatever.. What are you going to tell me next, that every spell used in "The Craft" was real to?

So in other words... Just because a group of pagans(Witches, shamans, medican man, wizards...) want to get together for a gathering... don't fear it, or issue warnings. It's not hurting you, unless you like letting fear of what you don't understand harm you.

agreed, fear of what you dont understand, i hate people who think just because its different its "evil" if anything i would suggest going to observe them and see what its all about so you actually know what your talking about next time

Edited by demonic presence, 03 October 2006 - 09:39 PM.

There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them.
-Anton LaVey

Please read my blog, i dont wanna write it for nothing

MY BLOG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users