Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In my dreams, something strange with my eyes.

Mike BE

In every dream, my eyes are half shut.

I see very blurrey and whenever i want to open my eyes, the light is too bright, i cant hold it. So i have to close them again. Its annyoing in dreams.

Also i can look through my eyes, even if they are shut. I can also look through my hands, if i put my hands in front of my eyes.

Its very annoying, when i have a bad dream ( :blush: ) And i dont want to look at a creapy thing i shut my eyes and put my hands in front of them, but i can still see through it.

So any thoughts of what it could be?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike BE

• Empurpledsoul

• Pelican_Eel

• RollingThunder06

Does this happen in every dream? Have never heard of this.

I don't know, but I'll guess - maybe in real life you must pay more attention to your physical body, to feel its solidity, to look to your surroundings "eyes open" - trying to notice everything in things you see

Are you aware that you are dreaming at the time? By that I mean, is it a lucid dream?

If not, I have no suggestions of what to do, except perhaps take some steps to learn to enter your dreams in a lucid state.

In a lucid state you should be able to control the "creepy" things, or "will" your hands to become solid.

On the other hand, perhaps your hands are transparent because your subconscous is trying to force you to face something. If there is frequent creepy things appearing, maybe your subconscious is telling you that you need to face your fears head on. Maybe in dreams, or maybe in the "real" world. just a thought.

Hi mike be,

You have a typical dream most people have ,so here is the standard analysis. You are afraid of seeing the truth, the key comes in and from the white light spiritual truth or spiritual insight into your life and problems. :) Nomater what you do you can close your eye or put your hands over them its not going to help, smile, you have to face the truth," because only the truth can set you free"

We have a saying " lighten my eyes --- witch means school me or educate me about whatever we are talking about? the light is in your eye litterally :D . Good luck

I would suggest turning the light out when you go to bed.

:innocent:

sounds like you just interpatating youself on a normal "somewhat" basis that we most incounter. Try resting peacefully at first: Then encounter the interpations head on!! FIND out about yourself within yourself!!!

Lol, i dont think it has to do with religion or something, but i have a similar fealing, probably the same as this:

When i get up at the morning, i have to revise the test that i have to do that day.

So when i wake up, my books lay beside me, i pick them and turn on the light, and i absolutely cant focus my eyes on the books and i have to close my eyes for about 5 mins before they get used to the light. I also keep in my bed, so i dont get out.

I think this is the problem, because i do it every day.

Edited by Mike BE

• 1 month later...

Sometimes in a dream if I see something that scares me SOMETIMES when I close my eyes I can still see it and it's weird. I can't explain it lol.

Oh the whole seeing through your hand thing? I can do that too, only you're not seeing through your hand. I think I know how to explain how it may happen. Because you are focusing on the hand in front of your face, your eyes begin to be crossed (cross eyed, lol). If you only had one eye, you wouldn't see through your hand. It's just that because one eye is looking abit to the left of the hand, and your other eye is looking abit to the right of the hand, it looks like your hand is transparent. That's my theory anyway!

Edited by Clarty

I think you should look into Don Juans terms for dreaming,

IN his teachings about dreaming he says that a person cannot focus on anything to long in a dream but can only gaze at things before they warp into something else.

He also says to begin to control your dreams you should begin by finding your hands then gazing at a few particular items in your dream and going back to your hands, After that you simply branch out on how many Items you can gaze at before returning to your hands,

He says that the technique at looking at one's hands is one which causes self awareness in dreams or 'lucid dreams' or which he calls "dreaming attention". and apperenlty upon undergiong and strengtheing ones dreaming attention we get a change of percpetion in our waking state.

In every dream, my eyes are half shut.

I see very blurrey and whenever i want to open my eyes, the light is too bright, i cant hold it. So i have to close them again. Its annyoing in dreams.

Also i can look through my eyes, even if they are shut. I can also look through my hands, if i put my hands in front of my eyes.

Its very annoying, when i have a bad dream ( :blush: ) And i dont want to look at a creapy thing i shut my eyes and put my hands in front of them, but i can still see through it.

So any thoughts of what it could be?

You sleep with your eyes open?... :huh:

I think you should look into Don Juans terms for dreaming,

IN his teachings about dreaming he says that a person cannot focus on anything to long in a dream but can only gaze at things before they warp into something else.

He also says to begin to control your dreams you should begin by finding your hands then gazing at a few particular items in your dream and going back to your hands, After that you simply branch out on how many Items you can gaze at before returning to your hands,

He says that the technique at looking at one's hands is one which causes self awareness in dreams or 'lucid dreams' or which he calls "dreaming attention". and apperenlty upon undergiong and strengtheing ones dreaming attention we get a change of percpetion in our waking state.

When I dream, I know I dream, but what happens in the dreams still affect me. Pain, sound and life-like images are all there.

Last night I dreamt I had a 'cancer deseased foot, it hurt really bad throughout the dream. I went to the doctor to find out what was wrong. Everystep hurt, my dad was telling me it would be okay, that it was all fine. But just looking at my foot and how ugly, and painful it was made me cry. Both in my dream, and in my sleep..

I have a fear of having surgery, that is what probably braught on the fear of having the desease.

It was odd..

But nothing unusual.

Just, that I could- in my dreams focus on what I wish.

Kristal

Lol, i dont think it has to do with religion or something

Not necessarily, read Jrree57's post again:

You are afraid of seeing the truth, the key comes in and from the white light spiritual truth or spiritual insight into your life and problems.

Somewhere in your life you will have a certain issue you're subconciously refusing to deal with. It doesn't have to be about religion, the "spiritual truth/insight" basically means your own personal truth, whatever's best for you. The dream is your subconciousness's way of alerting you to the fact something's not quite right, and you need to take a fresh look at it.

Try to think back to when you first started having these dreams and see if you can recall anything that might have triggered them. It could be absolutely anything, but whatever it is you'll probably get the sense of unfinished business when you think about it.

Edited by Bebi

This may or may not be related to your experience, but there is a possiblity it is the same phenomena so I will share my experience.

Throughout most of the first half of my life I used to have dreams all the time where I could not open my eyes or seeing in my dream was very very difficult. The feeling of frustration was intense. Even if my eyes were open in my dream sometimes I would feel like I could not see properly, as you had described. I never really understood those dreams until I was married and had a witness to my sleeping.

My husband at the time worked the afternoon shift and I worked the day shift. This meant he would get home around 11:30 pm. On Friday evenings I would intentionally fall asleep early on the sofa so that when he came home he could wake me and we could spend some time together without either of us being too tired.

On weekend, he came home and I was on the sofa. This is what happened from his side of the experience:

He sat down next to me and started talking to me assuming that I was awake because....well, my eyes were WIDE OPEN!

But once he started to talk to me, I jumped a mile high freaking out asking him why he was talking to me like that when I was sleeping! He was a bit startled and said, whoa! How was I supposed to know you were sleeping, your eyes were wide open! I don't know anyone who sleeps with their eyes wide open unless they are sleep walking!

Well, from my side of this experience I was in the middle of one of THOSE dreams, where I was struggling to see in my dreams and yet I couldn't! Mystery solved.

Once I realized that I often sleep with my eyes open and when I do it feels in my dream like I am somehow inhibited or restricted visually, I stopped having these dreams. Weird huh?

By the way, I come from a long line of sleep walkers, sleep talkers, etc. And then, I went on to have 3 children, on of them a son who also slept with his eyes open at times. (I dont know if he still does, he is 16 now and I don't pay as close attention to his sleeping habits).

Anyhow it could be as simple as this was. You have your eyes open or half open while sleeping and the mind is conflicted which enters into the dream because you "can't see" when you are dreaming.

Peace!

This may or may not be related to your experience, but there is a possiblity it is the same phenomena so I will share my experience.

Throughout most of the first half of my life I used to have dreams all the time where I could not open my eyes or seeing in my dream was very very difficult. The feeling of frustration was intense. Even if my eyes were open in my dream sometimes I would feel like I could not see properly, as you had described. I never really understood those dreams until I was married and had a witness to my sleeping.

My husband at the time worked the afternoon shift and I worked the day shift. This meant he would get home around 11:30 pm. On Friday evenings I would intentionally fall asleep early on the sofa so that when he came home he could wake me and we could spend some time together without either of us being too tired.

On weekend, he came home and I was on the sofa. This is what happened from his side of the experience:

He sat down next to me and started talking to me assuming that I was awake because....well, my eyes were WIDE OPEN!

But once he started to talk to me, I jumped a mile high freaking out asking him why he was talking to me like that when I was sleeping! He was a bit startled and said, whoa! How was I supposed to know you were sleeping, your eyes were wide open! I don't know anyone who sleeps with their eyes wide open unless they are sleep walking!

Well, from my side of this experience I was in the middle of one of THOSE dreams, where I was struggling to see in my dreams and yet I couldn't! Mystery solved.

Once I realized that I often sleep with my eyes open and when I do it feels in my dream like I am somehow inhibited or restricted visually, I stopped having these dreams. Weird huh?

By the way, I come from a long line of sleep walkers, sleep talkers, etc. And then, I went on to have 3 children, on of them a son who also slept with his eyes open at times. (I dont know if he still does, he is 16 now and I don't pay as close attention to his sleeping habits).

Anyhow it could be as simple as this was. You have your eyes open or half open while sleeping and the mind is conflicted which enters into the dream because you "can't see" when you are dreaming.

Peace!

Wow creepy story, but when your husband talked to you it was probably day, right.

When i go to sleep its in a dark room with no glimp of light and still i couldnt, i say couldnt because those dreams are over somehow, open my eyes.

Oh well perhaps my eyes are open at night, maybe that explains why i can open my eyes at day for about 6 minutes without blinking :P

I'm 15 years young, so a year younger then your son ;)

Wow creepy story, but when your husband talked to you it was probably day, right.

When i go to sleep its in a dark room with no glimp of light and still i couldnt, i say couldnt because those dreams are over somehow, open my eyes.

Oh well perhaps my eyes are open at night, maybe that explains why i can open my eyes at day for about 6 minutes without blinking :P

I'm 15 years young, so a year younger then your son ;)

Actually, as I stated in my post, this was in the evening around midnight. I would fall asleep on the couch so he would wake me when he came home. I also have a hard time sleeping with any light on (or noise).

LOL, it totally freaked my husband out more than me! ;) I went off on him big time cuz I was a bit startled.