Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lifting people with 2 fingers

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#16    twistedxreality

twistedxreality

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

Ive had that done to me so many times xD
I think its a mind over matter thing.. if you think you can lift them then you will beable to. I tried it once with four people trying to lift me using only thier little fingers, it worked and i got about a foot off the ground.

#17    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

What's so unusual about 6 people being able to pick up one person?

Hm, yes?
It would be interesting to try it, unfortunately, I haven't got enough friends rolleyes.gif

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#18    pagan_jedi_girl

pagan_jedi_girl

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• Peace favour your sword

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:42 PM

Maybe ask a few relaties to do it with you Juste?

#19    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

Maybe ask a few relaties to do it with you Juste?

grin2.gif thanks for suggestion

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#20    mimi61

mimi61

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

Yes, we did this as kids usually at sleepovers. Here's what we did;
one girl would lay face up with usually 3 girls on each side and one at the head.  The girl at the head would start the chants and each girl would repeat it all the way around.  This in and of itself was nearly impossible, as when you have a bunch of 12 and 13 year old girls at a sleepover usually one or two woud get the giggles breaking the magic. If memory serves the chants went something like this:
"She was in an accident"
"She died"
"She is light as a feather"
"She is stiff as a borad"
"We can lift her"
I do believe we actually did it once or twice.  
We also tried it with the person sitting in a chair and I do remember that working!

#21    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

Yep, I've done light as a feather stiff as a board.  When you do it you don't feel like you're lifting any weight at all, the person feels like they weigh .01 pounds.  I've also read about a similar thing to induce astral projection, it is stretching instead of lifting though.

#22    Akidenko

Akidenko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:01 PM

It amazes me how many people are continually fooled by this parlor trick. Take an average man, weighing say 180 pounds. Divide that by 6. Each person has to only bear an average load of 30 pounds, a weight even a child could easily handle. It's wierd when you're actually doing it, because it feels like you're manipulating a full-grown adult with just a finger or two, but it's just physics.

The reason they instruct the subject to be "stiff as a board" is to facilitate the distribution of the load to all the lifting people. Otherwise the weight tends to shift to 1 or 2 people, and the trick fails. The chanting or various other rituals simply distracts everyone from what's really going on, and facilitates a coordinated operation from 6 or so random people.

I'm not saying that true levitation is not possible, but in this case it's just an illusion of physics.

Edited by Akidenko, 25 January 2007 - 08:27 PM.

#23    EmpressStarXVII

EmpressStarXVII

Government Agent

• 3,705 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

The Craft is famous for such sillyness. Tried it when I was younger, of course it didn't work wink2.gif.

Posted Image

#24    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• 1,670 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

I've heard of this parlor trick.  My friends and I tried it when we were children.
We never were able to get it to work.

#25    Cebrakon

Cebrakon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal....Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

Ok, this was told to me by a friend who claims to have done it, never heard of it before so I thought I would toss this out there. She did this when she was a teenager and has since forgotten the exact procedure for pulling this off so, the basics of it are as follows...

1 person will lay on the floor face up.
6 other people will stand around this person
each standing person will turn around a number of time and chant a certain phrase
then each person will bend down, and using only the index/middle fingers from each hand,
will lift this person as though they were almost weightless.

has anyone heard of such a thing?  mellow.gif

ph34r.gif I have participated in a slightly different version of this, when I was a teenager.  The "subject" sits in a chair.  The 4 lifters stand around close to the subject.  Maybe there was a chant, but I don't remember what it was.  Each of the lifters would say the chant and put one hand on top of the head of the subject, and so on around the the circle until everyone had both hands in the stack on the subject's head.  At that point, we would reach down and lift the subject right over the chair, with two fingers under the armpit, and two fingers under the knees.  It was effortless.

devil.gif We used to do that at MYF parties for back-sliding Methodists.

~~Cebrakon the Areopagite

"I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of the multitude.  What do you say of the leading philosophers here (U of Padua) who have never consented to look at the planets, or moon, or telescope?"    Galileo ,19th August 1610

Star Travel by Psionics

#26    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

I did it numerous times.  It works and it's very weird.  When I did it, there was a little ceremony we did before hand. When we did it, we sat in a circle and went through a ritual similar to the one described by mimi61.

The person at the head would say something and the lifters in the circle would repeat it one by one.  The sequence was [assuming you're lifting a guy]:

"He looks sick".
"He is sick"
"He looks dead"
"He is dead"
"He looks as stiff as a board"
"He is as stiff as a board"
"On the count of three we will lift him to heaven"

The leader counted "one, two, three..." and we would effortlessly lift  the body, which would remain stiff as a board.  It was really weird, but I did it many times and it worked.

#27    Mystique33

Mystique33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

Ok, this was told to me by a friend who claims to have done it, never heard of it before so I thought I would toss this out there. She did this when she was a teenager and has since forgotten the exact procedure for pulling this off so, the basics of it are as follows...

1 person will lay on the floor face up.
6 other people will stand around this person
each standing person will turn around a number of time and chant a certain phrase
then each person will bend down, and using only the index/middle fingers from each hand,
will lift this person as though they were almost weightless.

has anyone heard of such a thing?  mellow.gif

yes.gif

I never heard of lifting people with two fingers using six people and chanting a phrase but my friend and I can lift her mother up from a chair with no problem if we lay one hand on top of each others hand and push down on the hands up and down and say 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 quickly and then lift. Her mother weighs 170 pounds but she was weightless when we did that procedure.  original.gif

#28    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,456 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

It amazes me how many people are continually fooled by this parlor trick. Take an average man, weighing say 180 pounds. Divide that by 6. Each person has to only bear an average load of 30 pounds, a weight even a child could easily handle. It's wierd when you're actually doing it, because it feels like you're manipulating a full-grown adult with just a finger or two, but it's just physics.

The reason they instruct the subject to be "stiff as a board" is to facilitate the distribution of the load to all the lifting people. Otherwise the weight tends to shift to 1 or 2 people, and the trick fails. The chanting or various other rituals simply distracts everyone from what's really going on, and facilitates a coordinated operation from 6 or so random people.

I'm not saying that true levitation is not possible, but in this case it's just an illusion of physics.

I have to agree with this opinion.  Also, since each person is only responsible for 30 puounds and they use two hands that is only 15 pounds that each arm has to support.

#29    trickyhomunculi

trickyhomunculi

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

Yes, we did this as kids usually at sleepovers. Here's what we did;
one girl would lay face up with usually 3 girls on each side and one at the head.  The girl at the head would start the chants and each girl would repeat it all the way around.  This in and of itself was nearly impossible, as when you have a bunch of 12 and 13 year old girls at a sleepover usually one or two woud get the giggles breaking the magic. If memory serves the chants went something like this:
"She was in an accident"
"She died"
"She is light as a feather"
"She is stiff as a borad"
"We can lift her"
I do believe we actually did it once or twice.  
We also tried it with the person sitting in a chair and I do remember that working!

Same here but I dont think it ever worked..

#30    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:48 AM

I've done it with 4 people lifting before on a person I'm guessing weighed somewhere around 150-160 pounds.  It did not feel like I was lifting 40 lbs.  Remember we were doing this with only two fingers and the other three lifters were teenage girls who weren't strong at all.  None of us felt like we were lifting hardly any weight at all, not nearly 40 lbs.

When the girls started giggling is when the weight started to kick in and the person laying down kinda flopped back down on the floor.

Edited by Opus Magnus, 29 January 2007 - 04:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users