Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lifting people with 2 fingers

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46    camlax

camlax

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

• "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. "
    -Carl Sagan

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:46 AM

Alot of well known people claim that it works. Are there any natural theories as to HOW it works? And how exactly is it done? I want to try it out...

There really is no mystery to this. Try this, go to the gym take your middle and ring fingers around a chin-up bar and see if you can hang and hold your own weight by them. Bet ya you can (unless you are very overweight).

Those two fingers can bear much more weight then you think, the lifting power comes from your arms all the fingers have to do is be able to bear the weight. Now divide this weight by 6 people. When I was young, this was a popular thing at boy scout camps doing trust exercises. There is no magic to it, just simple physics.

"Sorry, but my inner voice tells me to tell your inner voice the following:
It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Could you please relay that message to your inner voice?"
~Harte

"Imagination without knowledge is Ignorance waiting to happen."

#47    camlax

camlax

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,435 posts

• "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. "
    -Carl Sagan

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:55 AM

Actually this works on a much more simple principle...

Try this - go stand in a doorway with your hands hanging down by your side. Keep your arms straight, and extend them to the sides so the back of your hands are pushing against the door frame. Push out as hard as you can for 60 seconds. Step out of the doorway and relax.

If you stop thinking about your arms, they will begin to raise. I've actually had them "float" all the way up above my head before.

The trick is in the muscles - when you're pressing out, you are exerting certain muscles and relaxing the others. Your arms can't go anywhere in the door (it works with people holding the arms in, really it doesn't matter what's holding them, so long as the arms are close to the side. The closer the better), but once you step out and relax, your arms say "wait a minute, I was relaxed (the 60 seconds gets you used to/relaxed with those muscles flexed) when my muscles were like this, let's go!" and your arms "mysteriously" float.

The same thing would be if you all put your hands on top of each other - the combined weight of your arms would make it close to the weight of your subject. So your arms are used to holding up that weight, and when you quickly lift them - no difference!

Then you can throw someone to the roof wink2.gif

Same thing occurs when you have a cast on your arm for a long period of time.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
~Harte

#48    malago0

malago0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:58 AM

i read about this happening in a book one time

my website here Posted Image

#49    Rocsen

Rocsen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

Its nothing paranormal at all. It's Adrenaline. You can do almost anythink with adrenaline. Once my friend got angry and lifted his car onto two wheels with one hand with ease.

But this doesn't work on dead objects. Only people. If it was adrenalin, it would work lifting anything. I know what it feels to be pumped with adrenalin, and I had none. In fact I didn't think it would work. We also didn't say anything like some do 'light as a feather etc'
Also, even when you are pumped with adrenalin, your muscles would feel it afterward. I felt nothing on my arms, as if I lifted a brick. We lifted 30kg's each with our fingers.

#50    Rocsen

Rocsen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

There really is no mystery to this. Try this, go to the gym take your middle and ring fingers around a chin-up bar and see if you can hang and hold your own weight by them. Bet ya you can (unless you are very overweight).

Those two fingers can bear much more weight then you think, the lifting power comes from your arms all the fingers have to do is be able to bear the weight. Now divide this weight by 6 people. When I was young, this was a popular thing at boy scout camps doing trust exercises. There is no magic to it, just simple physics.

Ok, next time you in the gym, lift 30kg's with your 2 fingers and see how it goes ok? And don't curl your fingers around the bar, 2 index fingers pointing straight. Then put in underneath the bar. Now lift that to shoulder height, straight up. That is how much we lifted each, no effort, it felt like I was lifting the weight of 2 bricks. And also, it did not work prior to walking around the chair 5 times. We really tried and could barely lift the person.

Edited by Rocsen, 16 August 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#51    Haj01

Haj01

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

Can you crush an apple with one hand?
Anyway 30kg is very attainable if you keep working on your strength. And a person would weigh alot more than 30kg. So to lift them with just your fingers is pretty amazing. You'd ahve to be very strong or pumped with lots of adrenaline. Some people beleve they can transfer all thier energy to one part of their body. If so then that another way they could have lifted it.

If someone balanced a 50kg object on your fingers whilst your they where straightout. You could probably balance it. Your fingers can take alot of pressure. But to lift that 50kg from the ground with just finger strength would be very difficult.

That is why i think if you lifted some one up you with 2 fingers you probably used your arm to help lift. Then kept the person on  your fingers. But to lift them with just fingers alone would be extremely hard.

Edited by Haj01, 16 August 2007 - 11:13 PM.

#52    Lucid Mark

Lucid Mark

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• I am magically delicious

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

I heard of something similar but never by that exact method. The method I used was creating a pyramid around the individual laying on the ground or table and then lifting them. No part of the procedure had anything to do with chanting or any such special spoken magick word or words.

Visit My Blog

www.lucidsource.com

I Am Goodlooking

#53    camlax

camlax

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,435 posts

-Carl Sagan

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:49 AM

But this doesn't work on dead objects. Only people. If it was adrenalin, it would work lifting anything. I know what it feels to be pumped with adrenalin, and I had none. In fact I didn't think it would work. We also didn't say anything like some do 'light as a feather etc'
Also, even when you are pumped with adrenalin, your muscles would feel it afterward. I felt nothing on my arms, as if I lifted a brick. We lifted 30kg's each with our fingers.

Actually it works on any object that is balanced correctly......

~Harte

#54    offamychain

offamychain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

Another perfect example of an Urban Legend. This myth was popularized in the 1996 movie, "The Craft", & has become a cult favorite way of attempting magic. I will say, however, I enjoyed the movie. Fairuza Balk was pretty hot in there. She has a great pair of......eyes.

But I do have an open mind about the magic thing. Cameras are a dime a dozen nowadays. Someone please do this lifting thing & post a good clear video. I'll believe then. Until that happens, it's all hocus-pocus.

#55    Rocsen

Rocsen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

Another perfect example of an Urban Legend. This myth was popularized in the 1996 movie, "The Craft", & has become a cult favorite way of attempting magic. I will say, however, I enjoyed the movie. Fairuza Balk was pretty hot in there. She has a great pair of......eyes.

But I do have an open mind about the magic thing. Cameras are a dime a dozen nowadays. Someone please do this lifting thing & post a good clear video. I'll believe then. Until that happens, it's all hocus-pocus.

You better believe it  grin2.gif I will make a recording when we do it again. We did it here in the office! But in the meantime you can find plenty of videos on youtube I believe. But to be honest, you have to do it yourself to actually appreciate it. You would be amazed at how light it feels. And the strange thing is, at first it feels a bit heavy when you first start lifting, but once the person is airborne, it just becomes lighter!
We once got 4 small ladies to lift a 130kg guy!

#56    ImOne

ImOne

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:09 AM

When I participated in this type of lifting ALL the participants believed something extraordinary occurred.   Is this evidence of the power of rituals?

#57    Rocsen

Rocsen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

When I participated in this type of lifting ALL the participants believed something extraordinary occurred.   Is this evidence of the power of rituals?

I personally think it's a collection of focused energy. So in a way yes, I think rituals work on the same principle. Doesn't matter how you do the 'ritual' but the fact that something is done prior to lifting the person seems to make it possible. Otherwise you will not lift the person, I have tried it, it was impossible.

#58    lemondrop

lemondrop

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

having played this game, i just can't give credit to "even weight distribution". we all used our fingertips, and my fingertips were under her feet. it was literally like lifting air. her feet weighed nada

#59    MysteryMan254

MysteryMan254

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

Hi all,

I just found this forum (and in particular this thread) and had to add my 2 cents.

I'd heard of this kind of thing, but never actually done it. 4 of us were able to lift a 200lb man sitting in a chair like it was nothing. Now, for me, this wasn't terribly huge, since I can easily lift 50lb, although I usually don't lift 50 pounds on my two index fingers. One of the 4 people doing the lifting was a small woman, who had literally no strength before we did the "overlapping hands" thing above the 200-lb guy's head. After the hand thing, she was like Hercules. So, that piqued my curiosity - and before I saw it, I didn't believe it would work.

At that point, I said, "Hey, let's see if this works on inanimate objects". Why not? So my 3 friends and I tried to lift a heavy piece of gym equipment. Well, it took 4 of us (all big guys) to move the thing into place WITHOUT the 250lb weight stack, and we were struggling. It wasn't just the weight that was a problem, but the odd shape of the equipment, the lack of a good grip, and being partially bent over while lifting. This time, the 250lb weight stack was on the machine, so it weighed even more - about 700 lbs. We did the same overlapping hands thing above the machine for about a minute, and then just grabbed it with our hands and lifted. We managed to effortlessly lift it 6 inches off the ground.

Now, I've heard the theory about blood flow, and frankly I don't buy it. I can't, because I've tried putting my arms above my head before lifting heavy objects, and it simply doesn't make any difference. I don't know how this works, but I do know that I can't normally lift 175lb (1/4 of 700) with almost zero effort. And I'm darn sure that my little female friend can't lift 50 pounds more than her body weight, and yet she was one of the 4 that lifted the 700lb piece of equipment with me.

I don't know how it works, but it does!  huh.gif

#60    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• 2,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

The principle of diamagnetism which underlies human-induced levitation and anti-gravity vortexes on the planet can be demonstrated simply in what I call the human gravity antenna. Diamagnetism (explained below) is essentially a magnetic-neutral zone existing between a north and south magnetic field, which can be exploited for purposes of levitation. As I will indicate below, there are many such ,"magnetic flow reversal points" on the Earth marked by Grid points.

An arrangement of five human beings can be used as a quadruple gravity antenna to perform levitation of the central person. The weight of the central. person, the levitatee, does-not matter nor is the lack of strength or size of the four levitators important. What is important is the form of the quadropolar positions around the central levitates.
See Diagram 1:
linked-image

Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
First, the levitators should be positioned 45 degrees off the magnetic compass direction of north, south, east, and west for maximum effectiveness. Second, alternation of male and female sex of the levitators adds to the gravity antenna’s power. Third, the hand stack on the head of the central levitates by the levitators should not have like-gendered (male/male, female/female) hands touching. Fourth, there’s no need to think of anything — just hold the hands stacked on the levitatee’s head for a count of ten. On the tenth count remove the stacked hands quickly and place one finger each on the four corners of the chair. The person in charge of counting says "lift" and up goes the levitates. Now let’s examine this phenomenon I like to call "Party Levitation" in more specific and practical detail.

To do Party Levitation you will need five people, one to be levitated—henceforth to be called the levitatee— and four to do the levitating — henceforth to be called the levitators.

The levitates sits in a chair and the four levitators stand around him so that they form a square. One levitator should stand to the levitatee’s left, and just behind his shoulder. Another levitator should stand in front of him and to his left, close to his left-knee. The other two should stand on the right side of the levitatee’s body and in similar positions.

Now the object of Party Levitation is to make the levitatee’s body so light in weight that the four levitators can lift him several feet into the air using a single finger each. If the experiment is performed properly none of the levitators will feel the slightest resistance to their efforts. It will be as if the levitatee’s body has lost its weight entirely.

While the levitates is sitting, the four levitators surround him in the manner indicated and place their hands, one atop the other, on his head, as if they were healing him by the laying on of hands.

The person who is going to float must sit relaxed in a straightbacked chair with his legs together, his feet on the floor, and his hands in his lap. The other four participants now stand two on each side of the seated party, one at each shoulder and one at the knee. Instruct all four to extend their arms and place their closed fists together, closed except for the forefingers which should be extended and touching each other along their lengths as shown. The person nearest the seated man’s left shoulder is now asked to place his two extended fingers, palms downwards, beneath his left armpit. Likewise, his opposite number inserts his forefingers beneath the right armpit, and again the other two respectively beneath the seated man’s knees.

Now invite the four assistants to lift the man in this position, using only these extended fingers. However hard they try, it is impossible. As soon as you have registered their inability to do so, ask them to stack their hands alternately, one on top of the other on the man’s head, in such a way that no person has his own two hands together, and then to exert a steady pressure downwards. As they keep this up you count to ten. On the count "nine", they must withdraw their hands quickly from his head and resume their earlier positions with their extended forefingers. On the count of "ten" they must try again to lift the man with those fingers alone. This time he will go soaring into the air with no difficulty whatsoever.

Source: http://antigravitypower.tripod.com/BioGravity/clarklev.html

Some videos showing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JkQojN28JU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS9SO5VBSG4

Edited by darkbreed, 24 February 2008 - 02:59 AM.

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users