Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Hewitt Family

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,666 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hey peoples!!! i was wondering if the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is REAL or FICTION?? either way can some provide a link...

I also heard that Leather Face AKA Thomas Hewitt, was a run off of Ed Gein. Because Ed Gein used to cut peoples arms and what ever off and make furniture out of them. similiar to Leather Face's methods.

Im just curious is it real the Hewitt Story or not!!!

Thanks All

Edited by LucidElement, 07 October 2006 - 08:52 AM.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• God told me to skin you alive.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:41 AM

Texas chainsaw massacre is total work of fiction. Ed gein was the model for leatherface he never used a chainsaw but he made things out of human skin,,lampshades and a few other household items,,he killed i belive 2 or 3 people and robbed lots of graves. After getting caught he was aquitted by reason of insanity and spent the rest of his life in a mental institute,,,, i hope this helps.
                                              devil.gif

Hey Joe ,,where you goin with that gun in your hand??

#3    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

user posted image

Ed Gein is a nortorious murder who possibly commited up to 6 murders between the years of 1947 to 1960 (give or a take a few years, i don't remember exactly).

He was only ever substantially linked to two murders, however 6 people dissapeared from the area during this time. Originally, he actually started with digging up corpses from the nearby cemetary to fulfill his morbid fantasies, which included making furniture and assorted items from human corpses and yes, even some assorted clothing accessories. He was very sick, and it is speculated this came about from his mother, who was a very twisted religious extremist who ruled his entire life up until her death sometime in the 40's.

That's all there really is to it. I don't believe that Ed Gein ever picked up a chainsaw, and certainly did not stalk people with one while wearing a mask of human flesh. He was an old sick man, nothing more really to it.

Ed Gein was the inspiriation for several movie characters, including that seen in the TCSM and also Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs, who was making clothes from female flesh. However, he was inspiration for fictional stories only, he was not actually either of these characters.

#4    evil_E.T

evil_E.T

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

there was a documentary about him recently in Britain. They reckon he killed his brother as well...oh and he was executed after about 20 years in the institute

Edited by evil_E.T, 07 October 2006 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image
cool, its all like, sinning against nature  and stuff...still think its gonna kill everyone

#5    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

its a real story but some parts are just majorly over exagerated

Posted Image

#6    ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:34 AM

No.  None of the story in part or whole is real.  It is all based on events and occurances of serial killers like Ed Gein and John Wayne Gacy.  I know this because I live in Texas and have for the past 30 years.  I have met Tobe Hooper (creator of the story) and some of the other actors including Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface) at a Gencon and a couple of other autograph signings.  I have lived in Austin and Fort Worth for awhile now and the ACTUAL Chainsaw Massacre house that was used in the first movie was ONLY a set for the movie and nothing more and has been restored as a bed and breakfast in Kingsland, TX.  Go here to check the details and more about the film and story info Chainsaw Massacre House and YES I have been here as my mother in law lives in Kingsland and trust me...aint much scary about the house.  Also here is another link that will give you the details about fact vs. fiction regarding the story and what it was based on.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre...The truth. Anyways I hope this gives some insight and answers some question about the story and movie.

Edited by ApexPredator, 21 January 2007 - 06:35 AM.

Posted Image

#7    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

Ed Gein has been used as a model for movie serial killers for years...

Norman Bates obsession with his mother closely resembles the infactuation Gein had with his.
Leatherface like Gein had made skin clothing and furniture.
Buffalo Bill like Gein also wore the skin of his victims although likely for different reasons.

Tobe Hooper has stated on numerous occasions that his movie is a work of fiction and that his leatherface character was based on Gein. The Hewitt family is nothing more then a work of fiction inspired by by guys like Gein and as mentioned above John Wayne Gacy.

there was a documentary about him recently in Britain. They reckon he killed his brother as well...oh and he was executed after about 20 years in the institute

What had happened with his brother is there was a fire and his brother died and although they found proof of blunt force trauma to the head they ruled his death as a result of the fire. Although they had always knew he killed him but without any proof they could not nail him for the murder.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#8    Dixiepixie

Dixiepixie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• "Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

There is a movie about Ed Gein, by the same name. It is a pretty creepy movie, with some news reels and pics following, I will not post the link to the the site about Mr Gein,as it is graphic. but I'm sure you can  google it for yourselves.

Edited by dixiepixie, 21 January 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#9    ghostboy83

ghostboy83

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

• You display good traits, though few.

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Ed...earch&meta=

Edward Gein (August 27, 1906 – July 26, 1984), was an American serial killer. Though only two murders on his part were confirmed, he gained great infamy due to necrophiliac behavior, which involved the skinning of his murder victims and exhumed corpses, the decoration of of his home with parts of corpses, and the creation of articles of clothing from the skin of corpses. Besides the death of his brother in 1944 under mysterious circumstances, six people disappeared from the Wisconsin towns of La Crosse and Plainfield between 1947 and 1957.

Films

* Ed Gein's already infamous crimes became even more widely known after Robert Bloch's novel Psycho was released in 1959, followed a year later by Alfred Hitchcock's seminal film adaptation; Gein was widely believed to be the basis for main character Norman Bates (Bloch later denied this in an interview). Also, the crimes loosely inspired Alan Ormsby's Deranged.
    * Gein's story was adapted into its own movie called In the Light of the Moon, later to be retitled Ed Gein for the US market. It starred Steve Railsback as Gein and Carrie Snodgress as Augusta.
    * Leatherface, the homicidal, human skin-wearing villain of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, was also based on Gein.
    * As of January 2006, Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield, directed by Michael Feifer, is currently in production. It is expected for 2007.
    * A movie released in 2003, House of 1000 Corpses, directed by Rob Zombie, contains a scene in which the character Captain Spaulding recreates Gein's crimes as part of his amusement park ride. The films Maniac and American Psycho also referenced Gein's crimes.
    * Buffalo Bill, the main antagonist in The Silence of the Lambs, was modeled after Ed Gein. Like Gein, Bill sought to create a woman suit of skin.
    * The film See No Evil, with WWE superstar Kane, also depicts some of Ed Gein's relationship with his mother.
    * In Battle Royale, after being told of Kazuo Kiriyama's odd emotionless state, Shuya remarks that "he's not Ed Gein."

If I see one more Texas Chainsaw movie i'll kill myself.

Edited by ghostboy83, 21 January 2007 - 09:49 PM.

Your patience grows but your skin is thin
The pager signals they're coming in
Through the hole in the wall
You left a hole in the wall

#10    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:21 AM

Edited due to my false link

Edited by GanjaGuru, 22 January 2007 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

#11    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

http://www.ed-gein.com/

Here is Ed Geins official website

That's a band.

#12    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

That's a band.

Your right I should have checked the link first my bad... blush.gif

Posted Image

#13    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

Your right I should have checked the link first my bad... blush.gif

LOL, no problem.  Made me giggle.   thumbsup.gif

#14    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

There is an A&E Biography availible on YouTube, devided into 8 parts I beleive.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#15    Daycrist

Daycrist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

Ok, first off. Yes the Hewitt family murders are real. They are notoriously known in Texas for the 33 murders that they committed. And for all of you who are saying that the movie is based off of something else...do your research before opening your mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users