Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#46    fangs

fangs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

i would guess if we are made in his image,the God would be a procrastinator. So being all powerfull he could have waited a few billion years before he checked his watch,made man then called it a day. I wouldnt argue with him over it. no.gif

#47    raider91

raider91

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

• Those who use things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world int its present form is passing away.
    Corinthians 7:31

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:33 AM

This question is very good, but animals were created first,before the humans. In the bible God says Genisis 3:21-23, "God created the great creatures of the sea and every living an moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." And there was evening , and there was morning.-the fifth day"

It wasn't till the next "day" when land creatures were made, then humans.God says "CREATURES". creatures could be dinosaurs. And while they were breeding many more species could have been made. God has many messages in each single passage, but you have to look for it.

Edited by raider91, 14 October 2006 - 01:36 AM.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16).

Sincerely, Raider91

#48    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:34 AM

Arent there two genesis stories? one where man was made first?

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#49    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

If the bible was written that dinosaurs were came into existence at certain million years ago, then man deviated from the other primates at  blah blah blah no one would need to believe anymore.  Looks like the rules of the game of religion is about what your take is regarding the relevance of morals to your life.  Besides I wouldn't be surprised by the fact that the bible is written by human affected various human condition at the time written (I know it's Moses, but)

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

#50    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,558 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

Arent there two genesis stories? one where man was made first?
Liberals try and make Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 as an amalgamation of two creation stories.  In both accounts animals were made before man.  Needless to say, I don't take a liberalist view, and see Genesis 1 as an account of all creation, and then Genesis 2 narrowing the focus and discussing the creation of a particular area and particular people (Eden).  

Hope that helps thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#51    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

On which day of the week did God create bacteria and viruses?  Only I don't think they're mentioned either ......  unsure.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#52    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,558 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

Bacteria was created on Saturday.  It was first created in a substance known as "beer" which was consumed in large quantities over this two-day period - a tradition still held by many today in the modern world, actually.

The virus was created on Sunday night/monday morning as a direct response to the bacteria ingested on Saturday and Sunday as people all over the world succumb to Monday-itis

laugh.gif

Hope that helps grin2.gif

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 October 2006 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#53    artymoon

artymoon

Human

• 2,551 posts

• "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

I think many Christians try to side-step this issue, for the simple fact that many(not all) of them believe the earth is around 10,000 years old or so, and also the bible does not mention dinosaurs. Some will argue a few verses mention them, but those can easily be interpreted as animals we see today(crocs, hippos) in those parts of the world. If the dinosaurs we knew to exist, existed in those times, surely there would be more mention of them. The creation story is obviously a myth IMO, it has all the elements of one. There is nothing gradual about it, 6 days is all it took... the ones who say that a day could have been 1000 to 1,000,000 years are only trying to validate a myth.

#54    Method

Method

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

• Bush & Cheney 2004

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

Most christians as myself take a different look at Genesis, we look at it as a short story. Creating the earth took much longer then seven days. As for the crackpot's who say dinosaurs never existed well ... who knows?

#55    artymoon

artymoon

Human

• 2,551 posts

• "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

Most christians as myself take a different look at Genesis, we look at it as a short story. Creating the earth took much longer then seven days. As for the crackpot's who say dinosaurs never existed well ... who knows?

Why not mention the creation in a more literal sense then, instead of relying on a fable format.

#56    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

Just shows the value of a decent education.  If only them Canaanite shepherds has bothered to study geophysics at university, instead of missing school altogether, they'd have come up with a much more credible creation story tongue.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#57    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,117 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

The existence of dinosaurs in the earths history contradicts the events in the bible. In the Genisis stories God created earth with modern day animals.

I'm looking for the "oficial" christian explanation on this. I didn't post this in the Skeptic forum because I'm trying to start that debate...just an answer if there is one and if there is not maybe a debate between christians(or bible historians).

I don't consider myself an "official christian" but I'll give you my take on it.

According to Genesis, the first terrestrial animals that came into existance were the birds in air, and the fish in the sea. They are finding out now that dinosaurs had many bird-like properties and there are theories now that say dinosaurs evolved into birds. If true, then Genesis isnt to far off base.

Posted Image

#58    artymoon

artymoon

Human

• 2,551 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

Just shows the value of a decent education.  If only them Canaanite shepherds has bothered to study geophysics at university, instead of missing school altogether, they'd have come up with a much more credible creation story tongue.gif

True, you have a point. laugh.gif

#59    artymoon

artymoon

Human

• 2,551 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

I don't consider myself an "official christian" but I'll give you my take on it.

According to Genesis, the first terrestrial animals that came into existance were the birds in air, and the fish in the sea. They are finding out now that dinosaurs had many bird-like properties and there are theories now that say dinosaurs evolved into birds. If true, then Genesis isnt to far off base.

Yeah, they only missed that whole evolving into birds part. laugh.gif

#60    JLS

JLS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

Umm, just for reference could you point me to a single Bible-verse where humans are created before animals?

Read Genesis chapter 2. Man created first, then the animals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users