Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange tracks in the snow

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    nannerzs

nannerzs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 01:57 AM

I am not sure where this fits in but here is my story.

My little family and I had awaken to a beautiful morning of freshly fallen snow.
There was about a 1/2 inch of it or so.
     My little girl was dressed and ready by 7:15 a.m. and she asked if she can go out and play until it was time to go.
     She came back inside and said "Mom, come look at these tracks in the snow". So, thinking she seen some animal tracks I followed her outside. There in the snow where these tracks which looked like tire tracks made by those (then)*new* little scooters.
     I thought nothing of it until she said "Look, they go right under the cars". Upon closer observation, I saw, they went right behind the back tires of one car and in front of the tires on the other car. The tracks continued on the other side of the cars as if whatever made them seemed to just pass right through the cars.
     I know you must be thinking that my little girl might have made them with her scooter, but she was only outside, on the porch for about 5 seconds before she came back in to call me.
     These tracks went all over our yard and around to the back of the house, right under the branches of our poplar trees as well. The branches are about 2 feet from the ground.
     There were no signs of where these tracks orginated or where they ended. And there were no other marks made in the snow, that would have showed where the person who made them would have gotten off the scooter to get around to the other side of the cars, or footprints of any kind, had they been pushing themselves on a scooter.
    I wish I could have taken pictures of them, but it was the farthest thing on my mind, and I didn't have a camera at the time. If our little "visitor" decides to make
another appearance anytime, I will be ready with camera and camcorder in hand.............

#2    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:00 AM

Very weird...

Itís just one of those strange occurrences that seem beyond all explanation.

Would have been nice to have seen images of this! But thatís the problem with the unknown, you never know when itís going to happen!

Oh and nannerzs, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy yourself here, weíre one big happy family...

#3    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,365 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:17 AM

Very cool story.

If you could give us some kind of visual example of these tracks then we might be able to figure this out. Maybe you could draw them on a piece of paper and scan it? If it looked like typical scooter tracks then this story is even weirder if true.  It could possibly be an animal that had a big tail or was dragging something behind it.  dontgetit.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#4    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:29 AM

Easy. My wife and I lived in Maine for awhile. In our case, it was never a "who". It was a gas line . They run those underground.  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#5    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,365 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:31 AM

It wouldn't be wise to have gas lines under a tree. blink.gif  

I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#6    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:02 AM

Roots are always a problem with lines.. LOL.  Lines can be placed where trees arent, but who can predict where a tree will pop up? My wife is a electronics technician. She has run , replaced and repaired. You just cant fight nature.
  I am still open to any other explanations though . My explanation is not etched in stone. Just an idea spinning in the vast  chasm that is my brain.   Even a 747 looks small when landing in the grand canyon.   thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#7    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,365 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:11 AM

Mis-communication, that's all I can say. I never stated anything other then the fact that placing gaslines under a tree wasn't a wise thing to do. I never discredited your explanation. I understand your explanation and it is a good one. I will wait for nannerz to post again before I say anything else regarding this topic.

#8    nannerzs

nannerzs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:55 AM

Okay now....I should have explained in more detail..........These tracks were not made by any animal dragging something or else there would have been animal tracks as well.....there were only these narrow lines about a 1/2 inch wide, all over the yard.
    There were no marks in my neighbors yards or any on the street. I do not have a fence. These tracks weren't in a straight line, they wound randomly around in loops , bends and curves like a child would make who was just playing in the yard.
     About the pipeline, it possibly might have melted the layer of ice an snow that was already on the ground from weeks previous snowfalls.
      I have lived in this house for over 10 years and nothing like this has ever appeared before. There were no other marks of any kind in the rest of the neighborhood or in the streets...It was early in the a.m. And people were just awakening and getting ready for work and school.  No tracks were leading to or from my house of any kind.

#9    SHINE

SHINE

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:02 AM

blink.gif
QUOTE(nannerzs @ Nov 5 2003, 09:57 PM)
I am not sure where this fits in but here is my story.

My little family and I had awaken to a beautiful morning of freshly fallen snow.
There was about a 1/2 inch of it or so.
     My little girl was dressed and ready by 7:15 a.m. and she asked if she can go out and play until it was time to go.
     She came back inside and said "Mom, come look at these tracks in the snow". So, thinking she seen some animal tracks I followed her outside. There in the snow where these tracks which looked like tire tracks made by those (then)*new* little scooters.
     I thought nothing of it until she said "Look, they go right under the cars". Upon closer observation, I saw, they went right behind the back tires of one car and in front of the tires on the other car. The tracks continued on the other side of the cars as if whatever made them seemed to just pass right through the cars.
     I know you must be thinking that my little girl might have made them with her scooter, but she was only outside, on the porch for about 5 seconds before she came back in to call me.
     These tracks went all over our yard and around to the back of the house, right under the branches of our poplar trees as well. The branches are about 2 feet from the ground.
     There were no signs of where these tracks orginated or where they ended. And there were no other marks made in the snow, that would have showed where the person who made them would have gotten off the scooter to get around to the other side of the cars, or footprints of any kind, had they been pushing themselves on a scooter.
    I wish I could have taken pictures of them, but it was the farthest thing on my mind, and I didn't have a camera at the time. If our little "visitor" decides to make
another appearance anytime, I will be ready with camera and camcorder in hand.............

View Post

#10    chrismathe

chrismathe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:33 AM

I see that quite a bit of time has passed since the post began, but here is my story. It sounds as though I had the same exact type of tracks occur 30 years ago in Indiana on New Year's Eve.  I woke on new year's day to a fresh 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. My dog had barked all night long. I had a friend stay over that night, as I was just 12 years old then. His Mother came to pick him up when I noticed strange tracks in the snow. I followed these tracks for a few miles! There were a pair of them, whatever they were. Here are some very strange details: We had a large Blue Spruce, the tracks crossed over each other and one went around to the right, the other to the left of the spruce, meeting up on the other side and continuing. They went under a split rail fence( the lowest rail just a few inches from the ground) and down a hill with no revelence to gravity- no sliding or any change whatsoever from flat ground to a hill. They continued into the woods, never imprinting into the mud, just gently carving a 1/2 inch track in the fresh 1/2 inch thick new snowfall. They came to a pond. The pond was not frozen-over, as it had been warm previously, and only had slush on top, so you could throw a rock and it would just sink right throught the slush. The tracks continued over the pond in the slush and crossed the pond and continued on the other side. They went on into a field and then they both just ended in the middle of the field. Now, they could have began at this point, not ended, I do not know, but what is really crazy is they just apper in that field, no other tracks around, so they either hovered above ground and began there, or ended there and hovered into flight. All along the way, there were no other animal tracks, so no dog could have drug a stick or anything like this at all. They could not have been made by a wheel, as there was no penetration into the dirt, just the snow was moved, so anything with any kind of weight would have left deeper marks or sunken into the pond. Now, the other thing is, I do have a series of photos of these tracks. I will have to dig them out, but I do have them, I was and always have been quite into photography, even at a young age, so I did take quite a few photos. At the time, my older brother thought of calling the local newspaper, but decided not to, that they might think we are crazy, or that we made them ourselves, so we just dropped it. But from time to time, over the past 30 years I get to thinking about what these may have been. My only logical explaination would be that these were a pair of alien probes that defied gravity, and simply floated back to the mother ship when they were finished. If anyone can possibly shed any further light on this, I am all ears!

#11    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:38 PM

My only logical explaination would be that these were a pair of alien probes that defied gravity,

No offence, but how in the world is that the LOGICAL explanation??

#12    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:49 PM

How come so many people come here. Post an unbelievable story then take off.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#13    Briggles

Briggles

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• Dont Piss Into The Wind If your Afraid Of The Splash Back!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

No offence, but how in the world is that the LOGICAL explanation??

HAHA, yeah chrismathe's having a nonsense.

Could the tracks not have been made by an R\C toy? There are all sorts of mad wheels, tracks, claws and havercraft R\C type things now that could have left weard tracks. You can get toys that fly for fifteen quid now.
If it was a toy it would also explain why they could fit under small objects  wink2.gif

El Briggles - Master of disguise.

#14    chrismathe

chrismathe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

Sorry, this does not explain it, as this was 30 years ago. Even today, it would be very difficult for a toy to make tracks for miles, and I am not just talking one track, but a pair of identical tracks moving about seperately and unique. If anyone has a better theory, then please come forward. I am not jumping to a conclusion about an alien probe, I am just saying this is what would easily make sense of this situation.

#15    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:07 AM

It's simply some kind of small rodent.  In fresh, powdery snow small animals will leave furrows not tracks.

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users