Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Post your game results here

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#181    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,972 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

Indeed - some of us are still playing the decider to get into the final wink2.gif

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#182    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

I think by the looks of things so far Barman is going to win this tournament the way its currently going

That's a bit premature, I've got a total of one draw to my name compared to your 4 wins and one draw. It's a long way from over

Yeah, you're right, what was I think - I'm of course going to win devil.gif

In honesty, I believed it would be the case because I was confident that one of my games against Paraniod would be a draw, thus putting you ahead. But Paraniod wants to fight on, so who knows how it will end yet.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#183    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

In honesty, I believed it would be the case because I was confident that one of my games against Paraniod would be a draw, thus putting you ahead.

Well, you're assuming that I'm going to win all my other games which may not be the case, as the previous two tourneys have shown I'm the king of rushing a game and making a stupid mistake  yes.gif

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#184    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

I had also forgotten about Tiggs and Saruman. Saru is a strong player, but I don't think I've every played Tiggs, so I'm not sure who'll win that.

Course Paraniod may well have rejected a draw because he sees a way to win, and with thrash me and then carry on to win.

And Parb was a good player also, although he lost against me just, he may well beat everyone else and capitalise on my own loses and thus win.

Tense.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#185    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,812 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

^I'm under no illusions, Talon.  You're still a better player than me, though I've learnt a heap since starting to play chess.  I'm due for a silly move somewhere down the track, I think.  I don't think you offered a draw to me, I didn't see any chance to accept one, and I certainly can't see any sure way to win in the future.  

Oh well, good luck thumbsup.gif

~ PA

Edited by Paranoid Android, 02 August 2007 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#186    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,812 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:33 AM

Actually, I just noticed that you sent me the message through the RHP private message system.  Sorry, missed it.  Reply sent though thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#187    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,972 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

I had also forgotten about Tiggs and Saruman. Saru is a strong player, but I don't think I've every played Tiggs, so I'm not sure who'll win that.

*Grins*

We've had a couple of games. There was some mild slaughtering involved, as I recall...

Edited by Tiggs, 02 August 2007 - 11:31 AM.
Added hyperlink to jog Talon's memory...

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#188    Prabhas

Prabhas

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

Prabhas (Black) [Wins] vs Subby (White)

#189    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,812 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

ParanoidAndroid (Black) vs TalonS (white) - Draw.  Good game.  Those pawns were really annoying wink2.gif

Posted Image

#190    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

Paranoid Android (white) vs Subby (black)  - Game Drawn...

...Im happy to get at least a point tongue.gif lol

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#191    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,812 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the game.  You made some very good moves.  Some not so good moves also, but I made one particularly not so good move that forced me to give up my advantage, and then hand it straight over to you.  I'm probably lucky to get a draw after it.  I even looked at that variation and originally tossed it out, but coming home after a long day at uni, my mind wasn't really on it.  But credit where it's due thumbsup.gif Well done.

Posted Image

#192    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

lol yeah I tend to play that way, I am capable of playing well, but have the concentration of a jack rabbit.   Once I saw you make that mistake to give me the advantage, I made sure I was going to at least draw it...there was little I could do the get out of that check roundabout.... so I decided not to be greedy and try something where I'd muck up, and take the draw.

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#193    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

So in the deciding match:

Tiggs (White) vs SaRuMaN (Black) - Game drawn

Still no closer to deciding who gets that space in the final round. laugh.gif

#194    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,972 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

Indeed.

*Shakes head*

An awesome game yes.gif Nicely played, SaRu original.gif

We may be some time...

HERE
Posted Image

#195    Prabhas

Prabhas

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Prabhas (White) [Wins] vs Subby (Black)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users