Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Black Dahlia mystery

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1    Dave67

Dave67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

Do You think the Killer of the Black Dahlia(Elizabeth Short) will ever be discovered? I vaigely remember a Person a while back saying that they believed their late Father killed the Black Dahlia.

#2    fangs

fangs

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:30 PM

I think to much time has passed and it will never be awnsered.
I know for sure i didnt do it  no.gif .

#3    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

You might enjoy this site.

site

Posted Image

#4    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,750 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Black Dahlia

#5    Dave67

Dave67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

site

Thanks for the interesting website! William Heirens makes an Interesting candidate for the Killer,His victim was killed in pretty much the same way at about the same time.

#6    black dahlia 83

black dahlia 83

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• 'Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of Elderberrys'
    Monty Python

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:48 PM

I truly believe it was a man called Ed Burns

The Elizabeth Short case has always interested me mainly for the vicious way she was killed, and how the person who commited this act got away with it.  I even named my daughter Dahlia, lol grin2.gif

Edited by Black Dahlia 83, 12 October 2006 - 10:50 PM.

#7    RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• Most people can hear; however, how many really listen?

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:49 AM

I remember the same show. In fact the son found a picture in his fathers belongings that was thought to be her. Does anyone know if this man and Ed Burns is the same guy?

Posted Image

#8    Tooth_and_Claw

Tooth_and_Claw

Psychic Spy

• 1,148 posts

• I Got Asked To Change My Pofile Quote, As I Don't Have Another Quote. I'll Leave It Like This.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

site

thats o good site original.gif

#9    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Norton Ave, Leimert Park, 2010. Approximately where Elizabeth Short's body was found.

#10    Jester Harlot

Jester Harlot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
    ALBERT EINSTEIN

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is one of my favorite unsolved cases ever. Mostly, because I feel so connected to poor Elizabeth.

I think it's odd how the Jack the Ripper cases and this one seem to connect in ways, especially when it came to how the body was cut up. It seems in his style, for some reason but I know that is perfectly impossible. Unless, you believe in reincarnation, then it is possible in a way! :P

But that video was really cool!

"You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper"
-Robert Alton Harris
"They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever."
- Oscar Wilde.

#11    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Over the years I bought 5 books related to the case, I have read all of them several times. I'm (kind of) obsessed by this case.  :P

I doubt very seriously that the identity of Beth's killer will ever be discovered. I am convinced that Jack Anderson Wilson, the suspect discovered by John Gilmore in SEVERED and one of the suspects in Donald Wolfe's latest book about the case ( Black Dahlia Files ), was there when Beth was killed. Maybe he was the man who killed her, maybe he helped the killer at one point or another, but I'm convinced he was there when she died. Sadly I doubt very seriously that we'll ever know the truth about this case. There's too many myths related to it, very few certainties. Sadly.

Interesting look at the case, episode from "Mysteries and Scandals" (1998):

PART 1

PART 2

#12    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

PART 3

PART 4

If anyone wants to know more about the books I have read they can ask me anything they want. :)

Long Live Elizabeth !

#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have delved into true crime cases every now and then over the years. Her murder however, just was off the charts for me. All murders are horrendous, but this victim was assaulted in ways I... there are no words.

I got the sense this was one very very personal murder. A rage of  personal hatred beyond description or belief. And if it was not necessarily aimed at Elizabeth specifically, then there would have  to have been more, several more, IMO. I can't imagine any satisfaction for this murderer.

But I am no expert on the criminal mind nor this case, by far. Just a gut reaction after reading about the case.

One of my favorite cases is "A Cry in the Night" about "The dingo ate my baby" case. Fascinating.
As well as Wambaugh's The Onion Field.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 March 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#14    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

Not that I am a great fan of Donald Wolfe, but I think he may be right about one of his suspects.

Bugsy Siegel.

The Black Dahlia tortured and murdered by the Bug, dissected by a Mob sponsored abortionist in the City of Angels.

#15    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostAntilles, on 10 March 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Not that I am a great fan of Donald Wolfe, but I think he may be right about one of his suspects.

Bugsy Siegel.

The Black Dahlia tortured and murdered by the Bug, dissected by a Mob sponsored abortionist in the City of Angels.
That's from the book I was talking about in the Thelma Todd thread, "The Black Dahlia Files: The Mob, the Mogul, and the Murder That Transfixed Los Angeles".

I'm not convinced that Wolfe entire theory might be true ( that Beth became pregnant by Norman Chandler, that Bugsy killed Beth to send a message to Jack Dragna ), but the book is a very good read. Part 1 of the book is mostly about the Dahlia case, part 2 is mostly about the history of LA's Underworld, so it's a fun book to read.

In fact I wrote recently a review on Amazon: My Review on Amazon.com

In mean it's possible that Bugsy was indeed the killer, Wolfe simply doesn't offer enough evidences to back up his claims. He claims Bugsy was helped by Jack Anderson Wilson ( my favorite suspect ), Al Greenberg, Maurice Clement, and that an abortionist paid by Chandler cut Beth in half, basically to remove the foetus. Wolfe simply doesn'T offert enough evidence that Chandler really knew Beth Short, this seems to be based more on fantasy than on hard evidences. But is the book a good read ?? Oh yeah. :yes:

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 10 March 2012 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users