Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Smackdown 5

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:36 PM

lol, backyard wrestling isn't real...it's a bunch of cripples waiting to happen, taking a trip down to the no sell hotel, with about as much idea of story telling in the ring as a pair of rabbits trying to decide possession of a carrot through a round of rock-papper-scissors tongue.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#17    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (JLA369 @ Nov 17 2003, 08:57 PM)
Actually,it's not acting. I've seen some of the superstars in person(Like The Rock,Stone Cold,Batista etc)and asked them that question....they all say that it's not fake,acting or anything. They just train for their matches...and if you want to see people doing real moves try backyard wrestling

grin2.gif Of course you'd want them to be saying they weren't acting,cause if they were to admit it,now don't you think it would disappoint all those hardcore fans of the show? rolleyes.gif Moreover it,it would certainly take out all the fun of watching the WWE in the first place grin2.gif .
But at times,it could go all wrong (e.g. the late Owen Hart),so they'd oughta train more!!! tongue.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#18    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:15 AM

Owen didn't actually die in the ring...he was supposed to come down to the ring in an overhead wire, ala Shawn Michaels. However, whoever set up the wire made it too steep, so he fell pretty much all the way to the floor...

One example of a worker who should train harder is Goldberg tongue.gif Moron managed to retire Bret Hart from major competition by kicking him too hard in the head...Bret, argueably one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time, now has trouble getting from one side of the ring to the other thanks to an egomeniacal behemoth, who works way too stiff.

...oh..wait...did I say Goldberg should train harder? Sorry, I meant retire tongue.gif Slip of the tongue.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#19    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:26 AM

Opps sorry,never made myself clear.Yup Owen never died in the ring but while performing some insane high risk maneuver that all went wrong.Man,I still miss him,those times when both he and the British Bulldog were one of the best tag-teams in the business. sad.gif  crying.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#20    JLA369

JLA369

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• I am beavis!Before me you will bow!

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:14 PM

I've seen backyard wrestling,and to me, I'm serious, this backyard wrestling thing, it ain't fake...how about getting thrown in barbed-wire on a table,or getting hit in the head with a lighttube...or getting thrown into fire

Posted Image

Beavis and Butthead

Things that rock
-------------------------
AC/DC
Sevendust
Metallica
Korn
Black Sabbath
JLA369 says to rock on!

#21    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:02 AM

lol...dude...backyard wrestling is more notorious for being fake than the real thing. It's a group of friends forming their own 'federation' in the hopes of getting a job. Since they can't wrestle to save themselves, hitting each other with various foreign objects is about the best they can do.

Backyard wrestling actually used to have a fine tradition in the states when wrestling was mainstream tongue.gif Now that all the extreme marks have turned into into some kind of sadistic "hey dude! Let me set you on fire!" the cops usually stop it if you find it.

But no...backyard wrestling is fake...you can go into any shop that sells dvds and buy stuff on it man. Look ouy for "the best of backyard wrestling"...or as I call it "retards with chairs".

Dropping people on barbed wire is hardly a concept they invented anyway tongue.gif By that same arguement, wrestling in Japan, or back in the days of ECW, must've been real too.

Posted Image

#22    JLA369

JLA369

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:30 PM

I mean, i've touched barbed wire, and to tell you, that sh*t hurts!

Posted Image

Beavis and Butthead

Things that rock
AC/DC
Sevendust
Metallica
Korn
Black Sabbath
JLA369 says to rock on!

#23    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 01:00 PM

That's why I think backyard wrestlers are idiots, who's going to kill themselves tongue.gif  

Posted Image

#24    JLA369

JLA369

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 06:31 PM

I like to kill my self LOL!

Posted Image

Beavis and Butthead

Things that rock