Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jessica Lynch

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Journey

Journey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Be careful what you ask for- you just might get it!
    The Education Of A Wandering Man......

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:18 AM

Now that her story is going to be televised and we are going to hear more- what do think of the way the U.S. government handled this situation?

#2    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:58 AM

Here is a link, Journey, might find it interesting CLICK HERE

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#3    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:14 PM

The following statement from BBC News:
"But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived."
Uh...Oh...ok huh.gif - Thanks for the report, I've finally found another news source besides PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS and al jazeera  that I can trust and believe in thumbsup.gif  

#4    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (j6p @ Nov 7 2003, 09:14 AM)
The following statement from BBC News:
"But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived."
Uh...Oh...ok huh.gif - Thanks for the report, I've finally found another news source besides PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS and al jazeera  that I can trust and believe in thumbsup.gif

Amen.

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#5    Journey

Journey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Be careful what you ask for- you just might get it!
    The Education Of A Wandering Man......

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Lionel [link] and this incident really bothers me, because it is evident to me that I can not believe what my own government tells us. A moment ago it was stated on MSN (Natalie Morales) that she never even fired a shot....I was seeing red when this incident came to press, one would think that after all the awards and medals and attention that she recieved that she fought off a whole battalion single-handedly!
      I will seek BBC News in the future, thats for sure.

#6    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:40 PM

I think this poor woman needs to be left the f*** alone for a while. She didnt go through all of those atrocities  to become another form of propaganda by feminists , and the Bush administration.  The sovereignty over her persona and her personhood is being taken without her cooperation and without her consent.
  I think before we do anything, we need to step back and let her recoup. Send her on a vacation for godsake.  eyecrazy.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#7    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• half nekkid women at nudie bars?!? Where is this horrid place?!?

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:37 PM

why are our women out in war areas anyway? no wonder arabs make fun of us, we actually send chicks out to fight wars.

she reminds me of this little girl that used to come bug us as kids to let her play war. we'd keep the cool guns and give her the broken fake pearl handled cowboy gun.

chicks don't know sh** about war and they oughtta stay home and be useful.

all that women are equal in battle crap is just that. a bunch of nice sounding bs dreamed up to make women feel better about themsleves.

the reality is they corrode the team because everyone is looking out for them all the time. besides they are a lot weaker physically and smaller and crack much faster under pressure.

it's a miracle if the women i see on any given day can be assertive enough to take their turn at a stop sign much less slit anyone's throat.

their emotional stability is destroyed for at least 5-7 days per month and with some chicks you get the week of wrath before and after too.

bunch of dorky 18 yr olds from alabama or whatever aren't going to be any different when they are in a real war.

chicks have no place in war. they are a distraction supreme. most of them are just there because of that ages old woman mantra: "i can do anything you can do better" or because they wanted military benefits and didn't realize they might actually have to work for it.

there's no reason they can't be back in the states shipping the less important supplies, arranging for rations, designing new uniforms or typing or something. the last thing i'd want to see in a trench next to me under fire is a woman. you might as well have a cat next to you.

Signature removed due to offensive content

#8    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:51 PM

You know, S.O.B. you could make your point without coming across as a complete chauvinist.  There have been women going to war for centuries, and some of them have been damned good at it.  They can be a lot more sneaky and manipulative than any male could ever dream of.  I won't say anymore than that because I don't want to start a flame here.

Nothing to see here.

#9    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:56 PM

please, my good friend, don't lecture a science major on what the sun does every day. i've heard all of those arguments and i hear your point well enough.

obviously, i'm not making a scientific case, i'm making a "look around you and tell me what you actually observe" case. it's weak in that regard, but i think it's true anyway.

we aren't talking about the way some particle reacts in some cold electro-magnetic field, there's no formula for this kind of thing, we're talking about unpredictable, emotional humans and human relationships and all kinds of cultural issues etc.

yeah, women are capable of this and that, but look around you and imagine that woman next to you in the trench.

i was raised to protect and adore women, not send them into war. if that makes me a damned fool then sign me up.

my wife is a successful advertising executive with a small business besides...my mom has repaired jets for the DOD for 30 years and still managed to make a mean meatloaf...i don't doubt their capabilities, but the last thing i'd want to do is send them into battle.

it just reflects poorly on a culture i think.

some of the doctors that fixed her are now disputing the rape evidence as well.

also that black chick that was also caught is like: "woh no you dit'n - whey mah movie sucka! oh i see it a race thang mmm hmmmmmmm."

'course that's paraphrasing a bit. what a mess.  

#10    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:12 PM

Hey, I'm not disputing that the whole thing with Jessica Lynch has become a media circus.  And if she wasn't a woman, the whole story would have gone in and out of our ears.  And no, I don't want any of the women I know and care about anywhere near a warzone.  But I also know a couple she-beasts* that would take on the entire Iraqi army by themselves, and probably have a good shot at winning.  The Soviet Union had female fighter pilots and snipers during WWII, and may have folded without them.  I'm just saying that in certain roles women can do a pretty good job in combat, if that's what they want to do, media circus aside.

*the term   she-beast is used affectionately.

Nothing to see here.

#11    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:19 PM

SOB...buddy....nobody is forcing our women to fight. They have a choice. I bet you could ask Soulfire about it, she was in the military. Don't know if she had to fight, but she was probably ready to do what she was ordered. Women are not weak....I've worked cattle, fed cattle, fixed fences right alongside my grandmother my entire life. She is an excellent cook, but the kitchen is not the only place she belongs. I agree we should protect women, but I'll try and protect anyone I can. Most women don't need protection though

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#12    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:20 PM

Some call it lies, some call it propaganda, depends on the spin.

She was called a liar despite having not said a word.
Now she's being championed despite barely being conscious.

I find it funny that people are blaming military propaganda for this. I can't deny they tried to build it up, but the media took very little and ran in all directions with it. They are continuing to do so, and somehow spinning it so the military is being blamed for it. How ironic.  

#13    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:33 PM

I would rather have a tough as nails "chick" watching my back than a green just-out-of-boot-camp recruit. IMHO if women want to fight for there country then by all means go ahead, they have proven time and time again that they are equal and i respect them because of this. Anyway ladys look HOT in a uniform  wink2.gif  

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#14    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:37 PM

Like I said in my previous post, it has become a media circus, for no reason than she is a woman and she happened to be a P.O.W.  I haven't heard much of the rape evidence, except that there was some and now it's being disputed.  All I'm saying is that women can do whatever they want to, just as well if not better in certain situations, and their place can be the battlefield if that's what they choose to do.  The rape scenario, while I'm not saying whether it's true or not, does help the administration sell the war, and they need to, because Iraq is fast becoming a quagmire.  The Presidents taking a lot of heat right now, and saying Jessica Lynch was raped by her evil Iraqi captors helps us look like we're still the good guys.

Nothing to see here.

#15    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:42 PM

I've only been in combat training situations with women in the trenches with me. But I did make the following observations:

1) They behave with a similar distibution to men. Some do well, others would rather do nothing.
2) They tend to be more procedural for those in the "do well" category.
3) A man can never get by the fact that there's a woman fighting next to him.

I'm not going to argue competancy because there are women out there that are competant to fight in combat situations. I will always argue that the presence of women in combat will affect those around them in negative ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users