Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jessica Lynch

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:44 PM

I'm not disputing that others in combat will feel that they need to protect the women.  As for everything else, I think I've spoken my peace.  And with that, I'm out.

Nothing to see here.

#17    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• half nekkid women at nudie bars?!? Where is this horrid place?!?

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:56 PM

If she truly wanted to be a "hero" or "heroine" she should have told the networks to shove their "movie" up their collective ass and then let her story die a death like it needs to. Hopefully one day someone can knock the * stuffing* outta her and remind her that several of her "supposed buddies" lost their life in that ambush.

I guess it's time to put a new diaper on political correctness, and finish up the obituary for old-man common sense who's finally died appearently, after a long illness.

The whole women in combat thing is bound to be a bigger issue, i've had opinions on this for years but they're kind of old and just need a retest now and then and make sure they still work.

modern times suck - it's always a balancing act.

Since Snuffy isn't going to be posting anymore, I thank you all for a most enjoyable time, I love debating.  tongue.gif

edited due to language hey SOB u have been told...-CW

Edited by Celticwitch, 08 November 2003 - 10:58 PM.

Signature removed due to offensive content

#18    Journey

Journey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• Be careful what you ask for- you just might get it!
    The Education Of A Wandering Man......

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:59 PM

No flame intentions here but it perplexes me that you referenced the State of Alabama-Texas, Alabama, you live in Texas- whats the difference? Jessica is from West Virginia anyhow.
     At least she has the guts to publicly comment (last night , preview commercial for upcoming show) that our military over dramatized the entire situation...
     My hat is off to her for having the courage to tell the TRUTH- which we obviously cannot obtain from our leaders and our media.
      LOL to myself, at least she is making our citizens aware of the lies, I gotta give her credit for this!!!
     Another question I have is how she ended up in the hospital in the first place? Who was responsible for getting her there? Mmmmm...,this really makes me wonder....

#19    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:06 PM

As for the original reason for the thread Ms Lynch might just be getting a little money  out of this so in that case she is not only a soldier  but  intelligent and all to often that's something that soldiers lack as for Women at war ..
  Here is my scientific rambling , Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and I'm not the type to go boiling bunnies unless I'm provoked  .
    If you believe woman are preciouse little keep sakes then you were miss led  .
Julius Ceasar wrote of the fear and Awe that was provoked in him when confronted by the woad coverd female warriors of the Celt's  he claimed that they fought and road there Chariots as good as any man in battle ......

Meek little Church mices, I think not .  

#20    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (S.O.B @ Nov 8 2003, 08:37 PM)

all that women are equal in battle crap is just that. a bunch of nice sounding bs dreamed up to make women feel better about themsleves.

Why did you say that, then later come out and say this:
"...... there are women out there that are competant to fight in combat situations"

Im glad to see that your take on the matter is not black and white. But congratulations anyhow, you did get the last word.  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#21    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:27 PM

SOME women are, others like Lynch are just drama queen tards out to get attention.

Regards,
SOB

#22    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:38 PM

dontgetit.gif Ok Ok play nice or I will lock this thread......

* See a female Mod.... * devil.gif  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#23    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (S.O.B @ Nov 8 2003, 10:27 PM)
SOME women are, others like Lynch are just drama queen tards out to get attention.

Interesting.  So then, based on what you just said, are we to disregard your other posts?  blink.gif  

( psst cool avatar !! )

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#24    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:49 PM

Real men make their dogs or roosters do the fighting, not their women.

edited to stop this getting worse and you have been Pm'd about it CW

Edited by Celticwitch, 08 November 2003 - 11:54 PM.

#25    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Kismit @ Nov 8 2003, 10:06 PM)
If you believe woman are preciouse little keep sakes then you were miss led  .

Too true. There are only  two people I fear in this world; my mother and my wife. My wife wears combat boots.  wub.gif  wub.gif
   She's a military lady herself. My place is in the kitchen. To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave. But we have done it.  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure

#26    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:25 AM

Well, S.O.B. you almost impressed me with your ability to hold a mature debate, then you just degenerated into fifth grade Fred Flintstone woman bashing.  You've truly lived up to your username.  Thank you and good night.

Nothing to see here.

#27    S.O.B

S.O.B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:33 AM

LOL, sorry If I offended anyone.  It wasn't intended to be a woman bashing ceramony.  Once again, I apologize.

Regards,
S.O.B

#28    TheLight

TheLight

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:50 AM

I would agree with SOB, having been in the army myself. In training activities woman have lower physical abilities than men (in general) and that's a major issue in really fight conditions.
Talking about Jessica, I think that the White House is trying to use her for its own propaganda, altering the facts just to focus the media and public on something else than the current failure in Iraq (from which they are removing troops while military in command over there ask for more...). It's like when the white house brought the banner "Mission accomplished" on the army boat for Bush's talk. Now that the White House is being criticized about it because it was too early to say mission accomplished they now defend themselves by saying that it was soldiers from the war ship that hang the banner... What a pathetic manipulation of the words, why did they bring the banner on the boat if it wasn't to hang it ?

Draw your own conclusion about the Bush administration...

TheLight

#29    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:01 AM

Another Interesting Article Jessica Lynch: Military Used Me

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#30    Celestia

Celestia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "Don't ever take a fense down until you know why it was put up."
    ---Robert Frost

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:17 AM

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I think that Jessica Lynch is hypicritical to herself. Granted she was brave just having to take that kind of crap that no one (man or woman) should have to endure, BUT she claims she is angry at the Pentagon for making her out to be a hero for the purposes of propaganda and morale... BUT she doesn't mind taking the movie and book deal (that make her out to be exactly what she doesn't want to be--a hero) and she was happily in a parade for her return. Perhaps if I was offered all this money, maybe I would sell out to. But, what makes her so different from that other female soldier who was attacked and possible tortured (I'm not sure)? Or what makes her any different from the men out there fighting this war? She got ambushed. The group (including her)---thier duties---were to deliver supplies to tanks and etc. (not that they are any less important and they got ambushed. She wasn't out there to fight. Yes, I acknowledge her for her bravery even if she was scared because personally I would not be able to handle being in such a situation. But, I've already stated my thoughts about the whole thing. She should not have been out there in the first place, but it was her choice. And, if she didn't want any of this media attention, then why do the book? the movie?

I, personally, will most likely not watch her movie nor will you catch me reading her book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users