Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

How did they find us.!?

• Please log in to reply
1669 replies to this topic

#16    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:24 PM

Uhm, I would say that we actually know quite a bit about the history of our planet, and one thing abundantly missing is traces of any former civilizations living here. And given that we are talking about a highly advanced race with the capability for interstellar space travel, they should have left behind a bunch of artifacts. Unless they, now that they were faced with an extinction level event in the form of an asteroid, decided to thoroughly clean up before they left and bring everything with them. Somehow that doesn't really sound like the smartest thing to do.

And I certainly wouldn't call our knowledge tales - that might offend a bunch of biologists/anthropologists/geologist/etc.

Best,
Badeskov

Offend away, LOL all we know about is what we have found which isnt much, lets face it the Sumerians got there knowledge from somewhere they didnt just come into being knowing all they know even they say in there writings that they were given the info but of course we discount this because it doesnt fit in with our pre conceived notions. We know very little but think we know everything which is why it takes so long for us to learn anything. When you think you know everything you arent looking for answers anymore just a way to back up what you think to be correct. We have theories not much more. I think our scientists are to closed minded to find anything new. I also think that if a civilization was here a 100,000 years or more ago we wouldnt be able to find anything it would have been long covered up by our own earth tectonics buried beneath tons of earth or just flat destroyed. We find a few animals but it is pure dumb luck. Nobody thought Troy was real but what we found it imagine that. I also love the way that scientist decide what other civilizations were thinking when we have no way of knowing.

#17    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

the Sumerians got there knowledge from somewhere they didnt just come into being knowing all they know even they say in there writings that they were given the info but of course we discount this because it doesnt fit in with our pre conceived notions.

No, we discount that theory that the Sumerians got their knowledge from Aliens because that is the least plausible theory available. There is simply no evidence to support it. I don't mean that the evidence is thin - I am saying there is no evidence whatsoever. And I must admit that I find the lack of trust in the human ability to learn and evolve by themselves rather disturbing.

We know very little but think we know everything which is why it takes so long for us to learn anything. When you think you know everything you arent looking for answers anymore just a way to back up what you think to be correct. We have theories not much more. I think our scientists are to closed minded to find anything new.

Hmmm, you don't think we see development technologically? How about the last 100 years?  I would say that progress has actually been quite remarkable.

I also think that if a civilization was here a 100,000 years or more ago we wouldnt be able to find anything it would have been long covered up by our own earth tectonics buried beneath tons of earth or just flat destroyed.

First of all, to be buried under such a layer of rock they would have been here many million years ago, not a mere 100,000 years. But that is really irrelevant to this discussion. We can find fossilized traces of animals hundreds of millions years old, yet we cannot find a single trace of a highly advanced civilization?!?! That I would find very odd indeed. They would be a very cleaning obsessed race not to leave some buildings or other artifacts for us to find.  

So, no evidence supports such a theory, rather the opposite.

Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#18    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:51 PM

Definitely makes for some passionate and interesting discussions. Although I do have hard believing the government could keep this under wraps for so long - we are talking the same government that couldn't even keep secret a simple burglary (watergate).  rolleyes.gif

Best,
Badeskov

I think they've improved their cover up skills over the last 35 years? wink2.gif

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#19    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

I think they've improved their cover up skills over the last 35 years? wink2.gif

That I would highly doubt.  We are talking intelligence (military and others) services that never saw the fall of the Soviet Union coming, the invasion of Kuwait by Saddam Hussein, the Balkan wars, the secret North Korean nuclear programme and so on. And that is only in the last 15 years. I would ascribe much to them, but keeping an Alien programme of this magnitude secret for so long, well, lets just say that if I believed that you could probably also sell me an Eiffel tower.

But the government's ability to hide stuff like that is not the topic on discussion here, so we'd better leave it at that original.gif

Best,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#20    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:19 AM

No, we discount that theory that the Sumerians got their knowledge from Aliens because that is the least plausible theory available. There is simply no evidence to support it. I don't mean that the evidence is thin - I am saying there is no evidence whatsoever. And I must admit that I find the lack of trust in the human ability to learn and evolve by themselves rather disturbing.

I never said anything about aliens, I said somewhere meaning they did some archeology themselves and found it or there were some left behind from previous civilizations that had left  earth. I do beleive humans have the ability to learn and evolve themselve but they dont start off that way it takes time and from what I can see and read it appears that humans have been going backwards technology wise for some time before we got back to where we are today.

Hmmm, you don't think we see development technologically? How about the last 100 years? I would say that progress has actually been quite remarkable.

I am talking about history not technology new technology history we have closed our minds too thinking we know it all already.

First of all, to be buried under such a layer of rock they would have been here many million years ago, not a mere 100,000 years. But that is really irrelevant to this discussion. We can find fossilized traces of animals hundreds of millions years old, yet we cannot find a single trace of a highly advanced civilization?!?! That I would find very odd indeed. They would be a very cleaning obsessed race not to leave some buildings or other artifacts for us to find.

What we have found is very little and that is just because we got lucky and the animal died at exactly the right place and time for it to be found. We have no proof of anything unless you know someone that was there we have no way of knowing. My guess is as good as anyone at least I am not closing my mind to other possibilities you do that and you definately wont learn anything new unless someone shoves it down your throat. Just saying scientists are very closed minded to the past.

#21    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:38 AM

I never said anything about aliens,

Sorry, that was me presuming them to be aliens. Previous civilizations it is then.

I said somewhere meaning they did some archeology themselves and found it or there were some left behind from previous civilizations that had left  earth. I do beleive humans have the ability to learn and evolve themselve but they dont start off that way it takes time and from what I can see and read it appears that humans have been going backwards technology wise for some time before we got back to where we are today.

Uhm, yes, it takes time to evolve. I believe the earliest humanoid bones found is about 160,000 years old. That's a fairly long time, I would say. But I would say that I don't see that we have been going backwards in time.  

I am talking about history not technology new technology history we have closed our minds too thinking we know it all already.
What we have found is very little and that is just because we got lucky and the animal died at exactly the right place and time for it to be found.

Very little? Not really. Some places you can literally grab a handful of rock and find fossilized remains. Bigger animals you have to look for and a some luck is required. Yet we have found a lot of remains dating back hundreds of millions of years. So we actually do know quite a lot! And what we also know is that we have found no trace whatsoever of any previous civilization. Given the footprint such a civilization would leave, the odds certainly don't favour that it has ever been there.

We have no proof of anything unless you know someone that was there we have no way of knowing. My guess is as good as anyone at least I am not closing my mind to other possibilities you do that and you definately wont learn anything new unless someone shoves it down your throat. Just saying scientists are very closed minded to the past.

You are absolutely right. I am one of those close-minded people that won't accept new ideas. Or, rather, I am one of those people that won't accept ideas of such a ludicrous nature that not only is presented without any proof, but even with evidence pointing in the complete opposite direction original.gif

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 30 October 2006 - 12:38 AM.

#22    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,635 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:39 AM

You are absolutely right. I am one of those close-minded people that won't accept new ideas. Or, rather, I am one of those people that won't accept ideas of such a ludicrous nature that not only is presented without any proof, but even with evidence pointing in the complete opposite direction original.gif

You know what they say about having an open mind...it's good to have an open mind, just not so wide open that you risk having your brain fall out!

user posted image

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#23    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

You know what they say about having an open mind...it's good to have an open mind, just not so wide open that you risk having your brain fall out!

user posted image

That is so very true  grin2.gif I try to keep my brain thoroughly locked up!

Best,
Badeskov

#24    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:19 AM

My brain fell out years ago.LOL I wasnt aiming the comment about being closed minded at you I was referring to the scientific community in general. I dont wan this to get personal I have really enjoyed your responses. I am just not sure we have it right yet and I will not be sold on the scientific ideas until they open there mind a little, not so much there brains fall out but at least entertain other ideas. I dont beleive half the stuff I say either its just a possibility I feel.

#25    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:29 AM

dmurdock36,

My brain fell out years ago.LOL I wasnt aiming the comment about being closed minded at you I was referring to the scientific community in general. I dont wan this to get personal I have really enjoyed your responses. I am just not sure we have it right yet and I will not be sold on the scientific ideas until they open there mind a little, not so much there brains fall out but at least entertain other ideas. I dont beleive half the stuff I say either its just a possibility I feel.

Thanks! I didn't think that you were aiming at me, but I figured I could just as well aim it at myself original.gif I certainly enjoy a good discussion as well and if it ends up with us agreeing to disagree, so be it - as long as we had fun getting there original.gif

Best,
Badeskov

#26    Cinders

Cinders

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:03 AM

Interesting topic...

but I figure.. some how, some way THEY KNOW where we are.. but we haven't figured out where THEY are.  laugh.gif

I figure at the rate we are going:

We will nuke each other to death on this planet.
or
We will probably get hit by some disasterous asteroid (we are long over do for that one)
or
We will get sucked in by the remains of a dead star aka: the BLACK HOLE

All this before we'd ever figure out how they found us, or where "they" are from.

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." ~Carl Sagan

#27    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:29 AM

Interesting topic...

but I figure.. some how, some way THEY KNOW where we are.. but we haven't figured out where THEY are.  laugh.gif

I figure at the rate we are going:

We will nuke each other to death on this planet.
or
We will probably get hit by some disasterous asteroid (we are long over do for that one)
or
We will get sucked in by the remains of a dead star aka: the BLACK HOLE

All this before we'd ever figure out how they found us, or where "they" are from.

Indeed, it is quite an interesting topic. Admittedly, I have to politely disagree with you on this one. I actually don't think any extraterrestrials actually know that we are here - but then again, I guess that is the whole point of this particular thread  grin2.gif  

But I do tend to agree with you on that we will probably be the victims of some cosmic cataclysmic event before we make contact, unless we manage to actually leave this rock before then.

Best,
Badeskov

#28    Jewels1958

Jewels1958

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:17 AM

Hmmm, you don't think we see development technologically? How about the last 100 years?  I would say that progress has actually been quite remarkable.

Badeskov

http://www.atsnn.com/article/230024

www.timesonline.co.uk
200,000 years for all trace of Man to vanish from the Earth
By Lewis Smith

Within hours, nature would begin to eradicate its impact. In 50,000 years all that would remain would be archaeological traces. Only radioactive materials and a few man-made chemical contaminants would last longer — an invisible legacy.

Homo sapiens has managed just 150,000 years on Earth, and his earliest — debatable — ancestor only six million. By contrast, the dinosaurs populated the planet for 165 million years.

Man’s environmental footprint would, according to a report in New Scientist, begin to deteriorate almost immediately, with light pollution the first to go as power stations ceased to provide energy.

My Portfolio - Writing.com
Sensible Survival
Heaven is a good book in your hand, a cat in your lap and a warm mug of cocoa.
Lissette - My gaming alter ego - MMO junky. :p

#29    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:36 AM

http://www.atsnn.com/article/230024

www.timesonline.co.uk
200,000 years for all trace of Man to vanish from the Earth
By Lewis Smith

Within hours, nature would begin to eradicate its impact. In 50,000 years all that would remain would be archaeological traces. Only radioactive materials and a few man-made chemical contaminants would last longer — an invisible legacy.

Homo sapiens has managed just 150,000 years on Earth, and his earliest — debatable — ancestor only six million. By contrast, the dinosaurs populated the planet for 165 million years.

Man’s environmental footprint would, according to a report in New Scientist, begin to deteriorate almost immediately, with light pollution the first to go as power stations ceased to provide energy.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that it would disappear so fast and I do have my doubts  blush.gif But I will have to read some more before claiming anything!

Best,
Badeskov

#30    Blazea58

Blazea58

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:12 AM

Intresting topic, but the last thing you will get from it is "evidence or proof" hazzard.
You always say " Ill worry about how they got here once Im convinced that theyve really made the scene." Yet your somehow convinced that they Haven't made the scene without proof so ha, show me proof and evidence that states that it is not possible original.gif Works both ways here.

First off i find it completly possible that even we will be traveling outside our own solor system within decades or maybe longer, as population/technology is on such a rise, that things are progressing at a very rapid rate. I heard that we already planned a Moon base for 2017 which will man people for up to 4 months, this is a huge acheivement in our time, and were still at an early stage in development for space flight.  Nasa itself has mapped much of our solor system, sure we haven't found anything yet, but that's because we lack the proper transportation methods to get there, and we may have to worry about radiation and other harmful things.  Just to see distant planets they use some strange methods determining its orbit around a star just by its flicker .

We have found 150 extrasolar planets already, and a new one recently.It lies 15 light years away. Ok so enough about us, what about the "Aliens" right? Well were advancing at these levles by the decade, and if there is another civilization on another planet you people need to keep in mind they may not have evolved within the same time frame as us, so it should be plausible enough that if we had an extra million years on us, we would have alot more accomplished in spaceflight as would they if they were advanced/intelligent.

So it all depends here, nobody should be able to speculate what is the real truth, not believing doesn't make you any better by the way, nor does believing does it? It all comes down to what your "gut" feeling is. Just as with religion, we cannot go telling people they are crazy simply because they have a different belief system then we do.

How they got here? Who knows maybe on a larger ship that mans a entire community? lol. Maybe its like the ISS and they mate, and grow up, learn everything as they travel etc? Hey nasa is studying "sex" in space (alot messier then it would be on earth yes.gif )
Which has got to be for a cause, most likely so incase we blow up earth they can be far enough away lol.

Edited by Blazea58, 30 October 2006 - 08:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users