Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

How did they find us.!?

• Please log in to reply
1669 replies to this topic

#196    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

mind freak ltns how are you?..hazzard doesnt mean to repeat those words he has too..their in his debunking script...he just does what he's told I believe...*sigh*

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#197    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hazzard, I think it's about time you throw this combination of words out the window. I have been here for a while, and for your sake and mine.... STOP SAYING THAT

Ok mind freak, sorry about the repetition routine. It is hard to respond to the same old tired alien arguments in a new and innovating way, but for you, I promise Ill try harder the next time I see this and the other dusty claims.  thumbsup.gif

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#198    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

• Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

Well, if you look into the cases a bit more, then maybe you could!!!

#199    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

Well, if you look into the cases a bit more, then maybe you could!!!

Doing my homework has never been a problem. Finding new and fresh ways to respond to yours and others silly and sometimes hysterically funny claims of aliens on Earth, for the gazilliond time, can be quite tiresome.

But like I promised my friend Mind Freak, Ill try and do better. I suggest that you do the same and drop the ad hominem routine.This is the second time that you are replying to an argument or assertion by "attacking" the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is a logical fallacy and will get you nowhere fast.

Edited by hazzard, 10 November 2006 - 02:28 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#200    Mind_Freak

Mind_Freak

Supreme Reptilian Overlord

• 2,321 posts

• When one starts to question the very nature of reality, the mind is truly working.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

Ok mind freak, sorry about the repetition routine. It is hard to respond to the same old tired alien arguments in a new and innovating way, but for you, I promise Ill try harder the next time I see this and the other dusty claims.  thumbsup.gif

Awww... So sweet. laugh.gif

I understand your position as far as the arguments for the ET explanation, I do, you know that. It's just, you seem to use certain "debunker" cliches as a shield rather than a counter-argument. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway... have a great day!

original.gif

Edited by Mind_Freak, 10 November 2006 - 02:32 PM.

------------

#201    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

[quote]Doing my homework has never been a problem. Finding new and fresh ways to respond to yours and others silly and sometimes hysterically funny claims of aliens on Earth, for the gazilliond time, can be quite tiresome.

You sound just like Oberg, is he your hero?. I think some of your theories are stupid, so what!!

[quote]But like I promised my frien Mind Freak, Ill try and do better. I suggest that you do the same and drop the ad hominem routine.This is the second time that you are replying to an argument or assertion by "attacking" the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is a logical fallacy and will get you nowere fast[/quote]

I will answer any question put forward to me, with honesty!!

#202    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

You sound just like Oberg, is he your hero?.

Maybe, if I knew who he was.

I think some of your theories are stupid, so what!!

Ok, thats always a good start to begin a debate, unfortunately that is all you have been doing sense you got here. The occasional one liner. Show me one of my "stupid" beliefs and show me how they are stupid. If you cant do this simple thing that I ask of you, debate in a civil manner,  then dont bother adressing me again.

I will answer any question put forward to me, with honesty!!

As will most people on this forum, the difference is, they will back their theories, speculations and believes with more than just flaming.

Here you are.  http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/rules.php

6.No flaming or uncivil conduct - Members who are hostile, insulting, condescending or rude on a regular basis will be removed from the forum. Being offensive towards other members, making personal attacks or 'baiting' others into arguments are similarly unacceptable.

Edited by hazzard, 10 November 2006 - 03:42 PM.

#203    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

right, let me get one thing straight. I speak my mind as simple as that. You might call me stupid silly and sometimes hysterically funny claims of aliens, but do you see me crying, no. Check my past posts and thats all i have ever done on here is write what i feel. Its not all about you, i,ve had people do that to me, if i am on the board and i dont agree with somethingm then i will right what i think. I think you are going a bit to far my friend. Whatever views you have, i will try and put mine across too, thats what this board is for. If you think what i say is stupid
then so be it, im not going to cry or complain.

#204    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Everybody calm down now........wait a minute what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, If they found us then the question was how.  I could only support a theory that they are close enough to us that we would be found in a systematic search.  If we're talking about logical beings here they might start a search for other intelligent life closer to home.  We might be missing something in our neighbour hood.  I just read somewhere that they found hundreds of galaxies in a cluster some where that were previously unknown, or something like that.  Space is literally infinite, human knowledge is for the most part partial, and flawed in a lot of ways.  We do not have all the eggs in the basket yet.  I am having trouble with the distance part with relation to the time lapse since the first radio waves were broadcast.  So the next best is something close, I think in order to believe they could get here at all you have to grant them an advanced propulsion system unknown to us yet.

#205    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,736 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

Even today, humans (who are a long way from being able to make sporting trips to other star systems) dont rely on predation much. We farm our food, and soon well manufacture it. Killing just for the fun of it, as the Predators do, is no longer considered socially acceptable in most circles. Real Predators, who must be many thousands of years ahead of us, have presumably moved beyond this.  unsure.gif

I don't agree, I don't see any evidence that humans are any more socially advanced than the Greeks or Romans of 2000 years ago... humans wear a thin veneer of civilization, imposed by the culture they develop in.

Scratch the surface and the club wielding man-ape is still alive and well... just achieving the technology to travel across space won't change that, and I don't believe it would effect other species either.

In fact if you think about it, space travel might make matters worse, every planet that was colonized would soon begin to diverge socially from the others, the colonists would eventually evolve as well, after millions of years the parent species could have many genetically linked but possibly physically dissimilar branches...

how might the ‘pure’ old world galactic citizen look upon the socially backward colonial cousin? If these were human’s the answer is simple, they would be looked down on, leading to resentment and perhaps to conflict...

Just wondering, how much resources would a galactic civilization consume? I’d think a system would be used up pretty quickly building super cities and fleets of ships, if matter replication is possible that would help I suppose, just grind up some minor moons and asteroids for raw material, and recycle everything...

#206    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,394 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

name='badeskov' date='Nov 10 2006, 05:21 AM' post='1421608']
Yes, and we certainly live in exciting times.

In just 50 years, we came mainly from black and white television and a few channels to plasma TVs. During the 1960s, the communicator used by Captain Kirk on the Star Trek series was considered well into the relm of science fiction and I wouldn't be surprised if many folks back then had thought they would never see the day when they would use such a device but look at the capabilites of today's cell phones. They do things that Captain Kirk's own communicator couldn't do.

Captain Kirk’s Communicator

http://www.randomperspective.com/page.asp?1news/2/094

However, with telescope (radio and visual) were are actually at the limit of what we can detect. Improving this is more of an engineering task more than anything else. The technology is pushed to the limit on a microscopic level and we cannot hope of improving a given fixed (radio)telescope to give us orders of magnitude better resolution.

I am sure that it wasn't far back that there were those who would have thought that techniques such as these were impossible.

Dealing With Atoms

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01122.htm

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits...4506VV1003.html

The way is to use multiple, synchronized telescopes spaced far apart.

But, even that might be considered outmoded by alien beings. If you have a black and white tv and wanted something better, then you would have to buy a color tv. If you can't find a place that sells a color tv then you would have to keep looking. We didn't come this far in 50 years technological speaking by being resigned that it couldn't be done, we came this far because it could.

So, if you want to find a better way, then you can do it.

Edited by skyeagle409, 10 November 2006 - 05:03 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#207    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:07 PM

Whatever views you have, i will try and put mine across too, thats what this board is for. If you think what i say is stupid then so be it, im not going to cry or complain.

And again! Show me one of my "stupid" beliefs and show me how they are stupid.

#208    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

What am I invisible?

#209    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

I don't agree, I don't see any evidence that humans are any more socially advanced than the Greeks or Romans of 2000 years ago...

You are right of course. Thats why I wrote presumably, maybe hopefully is a better word. God help us all if they one day show up, and not come in peace.  ohmy.gif

About your...

Just wondering, how much resources would a galactic civilization consume? I’d think a system would be used up pretty quickly building super cities and fleets of ships, if matter replication is possible that would help I suppose, just grind up some minor moons and asteroids for raw material, and recycle everything...

Thats a really good and interresting thought/question. yes.gif  

Edited by hazzard, 10 November 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#210    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,736 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

I am having trouble with the distance part with relation to the time lapse since the first radio waves were broadcast.  So the next best is something close, I think in order to believe they could get here at all you have to grant them an advanced propulsion system unknown to us yet.

I rather doubt the radio waves theory as well, I think, with all the background noise, x-rays, pulsars and other interference, the signals would be very degraded by the time they got anywhere...

hyperspace, subspace, warping or folding space etc, for ET to visit Earth, they must have some yet unknown way of space travel, anything like our level of technology won't do, I doubt a civilization could progress very far into space if it takes several decades to travel anywhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users