Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

How did they find us.!?

• Please log in to reply
1669 replies to this topic

#286    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,153 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

what possible disadvantage could a cloaked ship have?..are you sure you know what your talking about? hmm.gif

Cloaking unfortunately works two ways. You might effectively cloak a ship from the world, but at the same instance you are also cloaking the world from the ship. You are effectively blind.

Best,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#287    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Just to add more fuel and speculation to the fire. Is it possible that ET has not discovered us yet, but is still visiting?

I speak of course of time travel. ET could be in contact with future Earth and, via travelling back in time they and future Earth people are visiting the past. Why they would do so may be cause for a lot more speculation.

Edited by Leonardo, 12 November 2006 - 09:40 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#288    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,009 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

name='hazzard' date='Nov 12 2006, 07:12 PM' post='1424616']
Yes they do. For background, the DSPs carry a large infra-red telescope and their primary mission is detection of missile launches. When the system became operational, it was soon found that non-missile targets were also being detected, and these were classified as "slow walkers", which are aircraft, and "fast walkers", which are satellites. They are known as walkers, from the way they "walk" across the operators' screens. Nothing ET about it though.

The "FastWalker" in question was tracked coming in from deep space before it passed through the DSP's focal view and was tracked for another 9 minutes afterwards, which is a clear indication the "Fastwalker" was tracked by another tracking device that was pointed toward deep space. There are those who thought this incident involved only the DSP satellite itself, which is not the case.

The incident generated a classified 300-page report, which is of significance in itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <^>

"FASTWALKERS"

"The Air Force NORAD facility, it has been convincingly reported,
observes these "fastwalkers" from its subterranean facility deep
inside Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, and tracks a rough average
of 500 of them (UFOs for the uninitiated) each YEAR as they
enter the Earth's atmosphere from deep space, maneuver around,
and then leave again."

"It corroborates a similar report from AeroJet General engineers Lee Graham and Ron
Regehr, who have revealed to the well respected UFO researcher Don Ecker documents indicating that AeroJet's DSP satellite system, alone, routinely detects UFOs flying into
Earth's atmosphere from deep space... up to two to three times per
month."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ <^>

There's a whole lot more to the story of "Fastwalkers" from deep space than NORAD is willing to reveal.

Edited by skyeagle409, 13 November 2006 - 03:24 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#289    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

Alien sightings started after the first atomic bomb was tested.

Why do you think that the aliens would even detect  a "small" nuclear explosion on our little blue dot? Our sun, most stars in the galaxy are also, pretty much, nuclear fusion bombs. Their stellar wind is radiated out into space, drowning out, I would think, even the biggest Russian hydrogen bomb.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#290    Annointer

Annointer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

Cloaking unfortunately works two ways. You might effectively cloak a ship from the world, but at the same instance you are also cloaking the world from the ship. You are effectively blind.

Best,
Badeskov

How do you know cloaking only works that way?

#291    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,153 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:33 PM

How do you know cloaking only works that way?

Well, I obviously don't. But there are only so many options. But again, I don't think this is the right topic for that discussion.

Best,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#292    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

Uhm, I would say that we actually know quite a bit about the history of our planet, and one thing abundantly missing is traces of any former civilizations living here. And given that we are talking about a highly advanced race with the capability for interstellar space travel, they should have left behind a bunch of artifacts. Unless they, now that they were faced with an extinction level event in the form of an asteroid, decided to thoroughly clean up before they left and bring everything with them. Somehow that doesn't really sound like the smartest thing to do.

And I certainly wouldn't call our knowledge tales - that might offend a bunch of biologists/anthropologists/geologist/etc.

Best,
Badeskov

wasnt there a topic a while ago on the main page saying that it would only take 200,000 years for all traces of humans civilization to be consumed once again by nature?

Posted Image

#293    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,153 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:12 AM

wasnt there a topic a while ago on the main page saying that it would only take 200,000 years for all traces of humans civilization to be consumed once again by nature?

I am not sure if there was a specific thread pertaining to that discussion; at least I am not aware of one. We did briefly touch on the matter in either this thread or another. But I guess nobody can really tell how long it will take for the traces of human or other civilizations to completely disappear.

The oldest human structure found is about 500,000 years:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/662794.stm

Best,
Badeskov

Edited for typo.

Edited by badeskov, 13 November 2006 - 04:04 AM.

#294    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,153 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

Why do you think that the aliens would even detect  a "small" nuclear explosion on our little blue dot? Our sun, most stars in the galaxy are also, pretty much, nuclear fusion bombs. Their stellar wind is radiated out into space, drowning out, I would think, even the biggest Russian hydrogen bomb.

You are absolutely right; any nuclear detonation we could conjure up would be completely dwarfed by the sun, which as you correctly state, essentially is one huge continuous nuclear explosion. Even the "Tsar bomba", which I think weighed in at 53MT if memory serves cannot even begin to compare with the energy the sun emits.

Best,
Badeskov

#295    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,153 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:29 AM

The UFOs just pop up in front the the sensors facing deep space, optical and other means.

This is one of the other issues I have with this UFO=ET. If the US military really knew ET existed, I am sure they'd do their best to detect them and most certainly have a strategy to maximize the probability of that. Otherwise, it would be similar to "oh, the Bear (Soviet/Russian strategic nuclear bomber) just popped up when we were looking that way".

I don't think that would be taken very well wink2.gif

Best,
Badeskov  

#296    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:47 AM

Best,
Badeskov

lmao...you kids should quit this ..I laugh to hard when I read this stuff grin2.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#297    the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

Why do you think that the aliens would even detect  a "small" nuclear explosion on our little blue dot?

Aliens coming to Earth to warn us about the use of nuclear weapons is an idea straight out of the 50's. Contactees (such as George Adamski) were being visited by Venusians, etc., who were close enough to "possibly" detect atomic detonations, and making the idea "feasable". But once our planetary probes had detected just how inhospitable the nearby planets were, the aliens were "moved" to other star systems, effectively killing the idea that they were here to "warn" us about weapons usage.

I'm surprised that anyone would still believe an idea that was proved wrong decades ago.

#298    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

But once our planetary probes had detected just how inhospitable the nearby planets were, the aliens were "moved" to other star systems, effectively killing the idea that they were here to "warn" us about weapons usage.

I'm surprised that anyone would still believe an idea that was proved wrong decades ago.

I agree.    

And.... Like we would need aliens to tell us that nukes are bad toys.  rolleyes.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#299    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

I agree.    

And.... Like we would need aliens to tell us that nukes are bad toys.  rolleyes.gif

what if you found out; without the aliens the nukes never would have been built?...

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#300    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

what if you found out; without the aliens the nukes never would have been built?...

That would surprise me as much as if I found out that there was a 30 ft pink Troll living in the tree in my backyard.  laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users