Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

How did they find us.!?

• Please log in to reply
1669 replies to this topic

#391    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:19 AM

Foe a long time Buzz A denied seeing anything in space that was strange, now he has just come out and said he and the other crew members on Apollo 11  mission saw an object following them. They were told by nasa not to mention this to anyone. You have to ask yourself why they were told this!?.

That "interview" with Buzz was taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. (His words.) After the crew verified that it was not the SIV-B upper stage they concluded that they were probably looking at one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage.

One of 4 panels that had been jettisoned prior to transposition and docking shortly after TLI, when the spacecraft was a couple thousand miles out on July 16.

The panels would have a sideward velocity imparted to them, which would provide an outward movement to them, while still maintaining the same relative velocity outbound. Thus, the panels would travel with the spacecraft, but with an outward angle relative to the CSM/LM line of flight. And these panels were NOT tracked from Earth. Could it have been an alien spaceship following Apollo 11, yes, but the most likely explanation is that it was one of those panels.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#392    chaoszerg

chaoszerg

Underpants Gnome

• 9,418 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:33 AM

They were told by nasa not to mention this to anyone. You have to ask yourself why they were told this!?.

Because it would frighten people. Look at the reaction to the war of the worlds radio broadcast had in 1938.

#393    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,831 posts

• Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

That "interview" with Buzz was taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. (His words.) After the crew verified that it was not the SIV-B upper stage they concluded that they were probably looking at one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage.

One of 4 panels that had been jettisoned prior to transposition and docking shortly after TLI, when the spacecraft was a couple thousand miles out on July 16.

The panels would have a sideward velocity imparted to them, which would provide an outward movement to them, while still maintaining the same relative velocity outbound. Thus, the panels would travel with the spacecraft, but with an outward angle relative to the CSM/LM line of flight. And these panels were NOT tracked from Earth. Could it have been an alien spaceship following Apollo 11, yes, but the most likely explanation is that it was one of those panels.

Thats a load of rubbish!!!!!!!!!! ha just kidding. Yeah i know that theory too, and that makes sense. I have only see a bit of the interview and it does make out that buzz did not know what it was, and was told to keep quiet. But i need to hear it from him uncut before i am 100 % sure that it has not been twisted. Im trying to find out more about it

#394    Jewels1958

Jewels1958

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:57 AM

Lets set aside the question of whether advanced galactic societies would have the slightest interest in our wars, WMD, our pollution problems, our reproductive systems or our cows butts.

The real question is, how would they know about us at all?

There is only one way that they can tell from interstellar distance that intelligent creatures inhabit this planet....RADIO. Our radio signals travel at the speed of light, and this means that even with infinitely fast spacecraft, the aliens cant be much farther off than 15 light-years to have reached our lovely planet by 1947,(Rosswell). The number of star systems within 15 light-years is about three dozen. There would have to be 10 billion technically sophisticated societies in the Galaxy to have a reasonable chance of finding one camped out among the nearest three dozen stars. Thats optimism of a high level indeed.

What about warp drive? Lightspeed? Maybe the aliens can create wormholes and get here in essentially no time?

It doesnt matter. Ill worry about how they got here once Im convinced that theyve really made the scene.

To get here they need to know were we are.

Approximately half the U.S. population suspects that extraterrestrials have come to our planet. This is such a controversial (and emotional) topic that its mere mention guarantees a storm of Web chat and high-voltage PMs. In the end, of course, the matter of alien visitation will be decided by the evidence, not by the intensity of opinion.

While I certainly expect that the Galaxy is home to many advanced societies, the quality of the evidence has so far failed to convince me that any of them have emissaries on our planet.

Warning!!: This will be a hugely long post. tongue.gif  (don't say I didn't warn you)

You are assuming and you know what they say about assuming. tongue.gif  You are assuming that UFO's have only been coming around for about 60 years or so.  Just because people became sophisticated enough to describe what they were seeing in better terms doesn't mean they haven't been around for a far longer time.  And know you get to hear my theory. tongue.gif   Lets look at the bible.  

"1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so."

Ok the first sentence, everyone assumes that means "god" created the earth from scratch.  I have a different take on that from reading the next few lines.  Now if say, "a large meteor" was to have struck the planets in the ocean, millions (insert your own amount here tongue.gif) of gallons of water would have been flung up into the atmosphere creating a "nuclear winter" type of effect.  Now arguing the hypothesis that any race advanced enough to get here, would be advanced enough to search the heavens much better than we do.  Already our scientist are finding worlds upon worlds circling other stars.  

So ET is looking for a nice little planet with the right (or almost right) conditions to run a little experiment they have in mind.  Boom they find earth, with said clouds of crud in the atmosphere causing havoc (killing off the dinosaurs, etc.) and the leftover mammals finding their niche in the ecosystem.  Ok great.  Well first off lets get rid of this excessive cloud cover (cloud seeding on a massive scale?) and get some sun in there to warm things up.  Well all that moisture in the air, is technically still water, so "dividing the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament" sounds an aweful lot like the scenario I just presented.  And you know the rest of the creation story I am sure, "how god created everything" etc..  With the exception of creating Adam and Eve.  Cloning, genetic manipulation?   Is that the reason the scientists can't seem to find the missing link?  ET's took the monkey man they found and played with it to produce man?
  The tree of knowledge and the garden of Eden?  A special environment to nurture this new species until they proved viable and/or developed to a stage where they were really learning at a rapid rate?

Ok moving on to Jacob.

11And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.

12And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

I don't know doesn't seem to really be much explanation needed for this one, except perhaps for noting that it may not have been an actual "ladder", but that is the only word he had to describe a device for moving beings to and from the sky (conveyor belt, ramp, etc.)

Moses.

1Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

2And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Hmm I don't know, hologram?  Something similar?

20And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood

I believe this has already been supposed to have been contaminated with a red clay or something to that effect, turning the river toxic, making it deadly to fish and humans.  Natural disaster or unnatural?  Note also that, "22And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said."  Pharaoh's magicians were able to "duplicate" this plague, so he was not impressed, as he was with the staff turning to a snake, which was also duplicated.

2And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:

3And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs:

4And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.

5And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.

6And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

7And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.

Here again, the Pharaoh's own magicians were able to duplicate this according to the bible itself.  

I won't go through the lice and flies, except to say how easy would it be for us to dump a crapload of nasty bugs on someone.  Just takes a little planning and time.

Then we have a plague on the livestock of the egyptians, but the israelites were untouched....immunization and biological warfare?

The rash of boils same thing.  Fairly easy to do with primitive people.

Burning hail?  Sounds like a fire weapon of some sort to me.  

Then the grains were afflicted, same sort of thing, but in this case very easy to give the Israelites a "treated or even hybrid grains".  

Locusts...see bugs above. tongue.gif

And now the passover....

12For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

13And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

Ok why does god need a sign that there are believers inside the home?  Shouldn't he know that?  BUT if a "special forces" unit (so to speak) was sent down to make a covert operation of slaughter, wouldn't they need a sign?

Next.

21And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

22He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

hmm UFO?

I could go on, but I am sure you are sick of this by now. lol

Edited by Jewels1958, 15 November 2006 - 10:38 AM.

My Portfolio - Writing.com
Sensible Survival
Heaven is a good book in your hand, a cat in your lap and a warm mug of cocoa.
Lissette - My gaming alter ego - MMO junky. :p

#395    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,831 posts

• Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

nice theory;)

#396    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:14 PM

Because it would frighten people. Look at the reaction to the war of the worlds radio broadcast had in 1938.

The war of the worlds happened because people were more trusting of mediums like radio and TV back then.  People didn't panic like that because of someone yelling alien.  Thats not what frightened so many people.  What scared so many was Orsen Wells saying the end of the world was here and we were being attacked by aliens..  Instead of people thinking it was a radio show he made it seem so real people took it literally.  People now a days would not react this way, okay maybe the religious zealots would, but most others would not.  Unless they really were here to kill us all then you would get panic.  But if they just came to make friends no panic

#397    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

The war of the worlds happened because people were more trusting of mediums like radio and TV back then.

I agree.

And as far as Jewels1958 "theory", well, mixing one belief, aliens, with another, the bible, is not the best way to get even close to the same ballpark as scientific reality. If thats what you are trying do do here. unsure.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#398    the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

...the matter of alien visitation will be decided by the evidence, not by the intensity of opinion.

If more people understood this "simple truth" there would be less "believers".

#399    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

name='the_UNKNOWN_DEAD' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:45 PM' post='1428026']
If more people understood this "simple truth" there would be less "believers".

If the skeptics understood the nature of the data evidence and what the data evidence depicts as far as UFO reality is concerned, there would be even less skeptics today.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#400    the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

If the skeptics understood the nature of the data evidence and what the data evidence depicts as far as UFO reality is concerned, there would be even less skeptics today.

What a laugh. The "evidence" you have presented consists of links to "believer" sites...hardly examples of objective evidence....

...so PARDON ME if I don't blindly believe every piece of nonsense on every flying saucer site.

#401    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

name='the_UNKNOWN_DEAD' date='Nov 15 2006, 05:43 PM' post='1428094']
What a laugh. The "evidence" you have presented consists of links to "believer" sites...hardly examples of objective evidence....

...so PARDON ME if I don't blindly believe every piece of nonsense on every flying saucer site.

LOL!! You can get the same UFO documents straight from the government under the Freedom of Information Act. w00t.gif

Just goes to show why some UFO skeptics are skeptical because they just don't know better and were unaware of the official declassified UFO documents that were released by the government years ago. You can also get  the scoop on some of those UFO incidents this Sunday and the schedule is listed here.

UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets

Edited by skyeagle409, 15 November 2006 - 06:04 PM.

#402    unkletae

unkletae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

• He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

How did they find üs???  

To our simple minds this may seem like an impossible task, but who can say what is possible or not with our understanding of the universe???  Which is basically nothing.  Everything we can't explain becomes a theory.
We can't even agree on our own origins, but we are trying to understand aliens and their technology. For all we know they may not even use the same science as us.

So who's to say what may be possible to do for the aliens if they exist.

#403    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:26 PM

For all we know they may not even use the same science as us.

They might call it something els, but the laws of physics are the same.

And Skyeagle were are you when some of your believer buddies scream - Government cover up!?

If all this, as you claim, "evidence" that was released by the government many years ago is so easy to understand and come to ONE CONCLUSION ONLY, aliens on Earth,  how come that very few academics are writing papers for refereed journals about alien craft or their occupants. How come this is not thought in schools world wide!??  For after all, there could hardly be any discovery more dramatic or important than visitors from other worlds.

Confronted with this, the UFO experts usually take refuge in two possible explanations:

(1) The material that would be convincing proof has been collected and secreted away by the U.S. government. While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance (tantamount to saying “we cant show you good evidence because we havent got it), and perforce implies that every government in the world has efficiently squirreled away all alien artifacts. Unless, of course, the extraterrestrials only visit the U.S., where retrieval of material that falls to Earth is supposedly a perfected art form.

(2) Scientists have simply refused to look carefully at this phenomenon. In other words, the scientists should blame themselves for the fact that the visitation hypothesis has failed to sway them.

Which one do you prefer, or is there a third one..?  unsure.gif

#404    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

They might call it something els, but the laws of physics are the same.
And Skyeagle were are you when some of your believer buddies scream - Government cover up!?

Probably recounting my part in another government cover-up.

If all this, as you claim, "evidence" that was released by the government many years ago is so easy to understand and come to ONE CONCLUSION ONLY, aliens on Earth,  how come that very few academics are writing papers for refereed journals about alien craft or their occupants. How come this is not thought in schools world wide!??

It was taught at the Air Force Academy and, there were scientific hearings before congress as well. Even Carl Sagan participated in a hearing and did you know that he was trying to get NORAD to release its files on their UFO contacts in space? Does "Fastwalker" UFO ring a bell?

#405    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,610 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

name='hazzard' date='Nov 15 2006, 07:26 PM' post='1428178']
(2) Scientists have simply refused to look carefully at this phenomenon. In other words, the scientists should blame themselves for the fact that the visitation hypothesis has failed to sway them.

Now, that's funny considering that those scientist who do get involved in UFO investigations tend to discard their UFO skepticism by what they find.

Do you know who Stanton Friedman, Clyde Tombaugh, J. Allen Hynek, and Dr. James McDonald are and what their views on  the UFOs enigma are? Are you aware of UFO sightings of astronomers and the documentation related to their own UFO sightings? What about the experimental balloon engineers and scientist who have also documented their own UFO sightings of maneuvering aerial vehicles far above the service ceilings of any aircraft of mankind?

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Mogul_UFOs.html

Even the late congressman, Steven Schiff, cited a government cover-up in the Roswell incident and you can read his comments in the Air Force's own Roswell report and he noted the Air Force attempts to cover-up what he was trying to uncover in regards to the Roswell incident and that is why he called in the GAO to investigate where one GAO official was told by an Air Force colonel that the GAO had no business getting involved. You can read Congressman Schiff's comments here on page 52 of 194.

http://www.gl.iit.edu/wadc/history/roswell/report/Book.pdf

All of that after other Roswell reseachers complained to him that the  govenment was impeding their investigations into the Roswell incident. Yes indeed, the government UFO cover-up is alive and well.

Edited by skyeagle409, 15 November 2006 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users