Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

How did they find us.!?

• Please log in to reply
1669 replies to this topic

#451    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:21 AM

wow indeed, thanks for taking the time working that out...  grin2.gif

we dont drink..were too busy fighting an alien war your in denial about.. grin2.gif

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#452    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:29 AM

we dont drink..were too busy fighting an alien war your in denial about.. grin2.gif

if the federation can't win a war with 200 trillion ships, then there isn't a decent general in the lot... or they have the weakest ships imaginable...  dontgetit.gif

#453    rapid7

rapid7

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:33 AM

"Why shouldn`t aliens look like us? There are good scientific reasons to believe that extraterrestrial life forms might resemble human beings......"

I doubt they will look exactly like us but Dr. Michael Swords, Professor of Natural Sciences at Western Michigan University, has done a lot of collecting and summarizing of work in this field Dennis says, "His argument is basically that you may well get different life forms on different planets, but the ones who are going to develop space travel are going to resemble us... For example, people have postulated that you could have a watery planet with an intelligent creature much like a dolphin.
You could very well have that, but the fact is no matter how intelligent that life gets on an aquatic planet, they can't basically acquire fire age technology. If they can't melt iron, aluminum, titanium and everything else, the chances of them building a spaceship and coming here is very slim. He says there's sort of a selection process built in there, and that the technological highly advanced creatures that will eventually develop space travel is likely to have an opposable thumb and fingers to use technology."

On the wall,
There's a red light.

#454    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:33 AM

if the federation can't win a war with 200 trillion ships, then there isn't a decent general in the lot... or they have the weakest ships imaginable...  dontgetit.gif

we already won the war in heaven in 2001; it's the war on earth thats the struggle... innocent.gif

God Bless America..

#455    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:51 AM

we already won the war in heaven in 2001; it's the war on earth thats the struggle... innocent.gif

LOL, the federation needs 200 trillion ships to beat up on a backwards planet out on the rim, that is barely space capable? that's interesting.

is that what they've been doing since 01, building enough ships to beat Earth? are 200 trillion enough?

#456    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:06 AM

I doubt they will look exactly like us but Dr. Michael Swords, Professor of Natural Sciences at Western Michigan University, has done a lot of collecting and summarizing of work in this field Dennis says, "His argument is basically that you may well get different life forms on different planets, but the ones who are going to develop space travel are going to resemble us... For example, people have postulated that you could have a watery planet with an intelligent creature much like a dolphin.
You could very well have that, but the fact is no matter how intelligent that life gets on an aquatic planet, they can't basically acquire fire age technology. If they can't melt iron, aluminum, titanium and everything else, the chances of them building a spaceship and coming here is very slim. He says there's sort of a selection process built in there, and that the technological highly advanced creatures that will eventually develop space travel is likely to have an opposable thumb and fingers to use technology."

though I'm sure there will be differences, this makes sense to me... IMO  original.gif

#457    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:10 AM

LOL, the federation needs 200 trillion ships to beat up on a backwards planet out on the rim, that is barely space capable? that's interesting.

is that what they've been doing since 01, building enough ships to beat Earth? are 200 trillion enough?

dude your so clueless calm down...we defended this planet from a grey reptillian attack. with one mother ship, 750,000 drones, and 10,000 250 foot ships...the ships are coming to create the truth..because your governments wont tell it...

God Bless America..

#458    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:27 AM

dude your so clueless calm down...we defended this planet from a grey reptillian attack. with one mother ship, 750,000 drones, and 10,000 250 foot ships...the ships are coming to create the truth..because your governments wont tell it...

your funny...  grin2.gif

#459    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,575 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:25 AM

wow indeed, thanks for taking the time working that out...  grin2.gif

Oh, my pleasure indeed. I had 10 mins at work I didn't know what to use for wink2.gif

Best,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#460    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

Even as a scifi show, this idea su*** in every way possible!!  sleepy.gif

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#461    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

one of the things that separates Earth from the other planets, is it has loads of water (oxygen being one of the other standouts), could ET's detect the water somehow? with spectrographic analysis perhaps?, just wondering...

#462    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,965 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

one of the things that separates Earth from the other planets, is it has loads of water (oxygen being one of the other standouts), could ET's detect the water somehow? with spectrographic analysis perhaps?, just wondering...

Actually, this is a very good speculation in my opinion.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#463    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

H2O, maybe? An easier task would be to spectroscopically sample the light reflected from our atmosphere, and learn that it has large quantities of oxygen and methane, tell-tale markers of biology.

Edited by hazzard, 17 November 2006 - 03:29 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#464    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:30 PM

Good question about the water.
And on the eigth day god created beer, so the Canadians wouldn't take over the world.  hehe, seriously though when was the last time you had a CAT scan limited?

Edited by contactismade, 17 November 2006 - 03:31 PM.

#465    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Is that how they are searching for planets now hazzard?  cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users