Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tool Find Suggests Earliest Europeans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/10/31/e...ory=archaeology

Oct. 31, 2006 Caves in southeastern Italy have yielded evidence of the earliest human settlement in Europe, fueling a long-running debate over when the European continent was first colonized.

Found in soil layers at the site of Pirro Nord in Puglia, the evidence consists of sophisticated tools and a large amount of vertebrate fossils.

Dating of sediment layers showed that the artifacts range from between 1.7 and 1.3 million years old, report Giulio Pavia, a paleontologist at Turin University, and colleagues in a forthcoming issue of the German journal Naturwissenschaften.

Again, more of those.. nice finds.

Edited by SilverCougar, 31 October 2006 - 06:58 PM.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#2    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

I think European origins are going to be hot at the next CAA conference in April.

CAA is an international organisation bringing together archaeologists, mathematics and computer scientists. Its aims are to encourage communication between these disciplines, to provide a survey of present work in the field and to stimulate discussion and future progress.

The 35th annual CAA conference to be held on April 2-6, 2007 in Berlin, Germany, brings together students, researchers, heritage managers and other experts to present, examine, and discuss current theory and application of quantitative methods and computer science in Archaeology. The CAA conference has established a tradition of international, open communication and exchange that crosses boundaries between archaeologists and colleagues working in quantitiative fields such as mathematics and computer science. The conference also regularly attracts students, researchers and practitioners from geography, geomatics, life sciences, physical anthropology, museology, field archaeology and others. source

I wonder if the Bosnians will be making a presentation? I think they should be there as well as the others working on Euro origins.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users