Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

DARE conspiracy

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:27 AM

There is a conspiracy in the program known as D.A.R.E. , a program created too keep kids off of drug use . or so it claims ! Areas that have the DARE program actually have an increased amount of drug use among teens . Check some statistics out , Im sure you know how to find them .

They have not released this information to the public on a wide scale , the information is available , but it has not been announced in any way .Typical of general cover ups where they hope no one will figure out that somethings up .Attend a DARE meeting in school if you can and listen to their methods . DARE's method is more like an adverstisement of the drug then teaching kids why it is bad . DARE shows kids only the bad side effects of drugs that MAY occur OVER TIME . On top of this they say you WILL experience temporary pleasure immediatly .

Basic psychology shows how the average teen percieves this . they will tend to do anything to feel better in their crucial time of life even if their is risk of side effects . Its quite obvious the government knows the DARE program is not working but making teenage drinking problems worse but hasn't done anything to stop it yet . As we probobly both know , the government isnt even close to being stupid
enough to not notice the obvious problem . And that ussually means they are involved .

Check it out for yourself . This may be pointing to something bigger , maybe the U.S. government and the drug industry are one ? disgust.gif  

Posted Image

#2    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:25 AM

Rumors are abound that the CIA (central intelligence agency) are in control of the entire world illegal drugs industry, to fund black projects...it wouldn't surprise me in the least, the CIA are always up to something or other.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#3    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:49 PM

Wow, paranoid much?

The drug trade is the one branch of capitalism that hasn't been sucked into the whole globalisation thang guys.

Kids do drugs, because kids do drugs - no conspiracy, just a fact of life i guess.

Governments never admit their mistakes - the war on drugs in the US has cost billions and the situation is just as bad now as before (maybe worse).

It's the same with weed - in the UK the politicians are starting to see sense, but they will only bend as far as the voters will allow - be seen to be too pro-dope and you risk losing votes. As my generation takes power i'm sure we'll see more positive moves.

But as for a CIA run drug trade? I'm sorry, i don't buy into that fully.

Interesting fact though is that since the fall of the Taliban in Afghanistan, heroin production has gone through the roof.

I personally believe that drugs are used by the shadowy forces of the intelligence community as a tool (turning a blind eye, etc, to the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan who are growing the opium poppies in return for their military assistance for example) and as payments for information - but global control of the drugs trade - yeah right.

Still rumours persist of a certain Mr. G. Bush jnr being a little fond of the devil's dandruff a few years ago! Maybe that's why there is a drug war going on in Columbia, so he can get his hands on some really good s##t?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#4    doink

doink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

paranoia or not, this much is fact:
Just a few years ago, there was an independent investigation into the CIA's records concerning proof that had surfaced that the CIA traded a formula and supplies of the then new crack cocaine with LA street gangs for illegal weapons during the Iran-Contra affair.

The CIA made a public apology in 1975 for it's use of the program "MK-ULTRA" in which they dosed at least 1000 citizens and military personnel with LSD without their consent or knowledge during the 50s and 60s. Many of the unsuspecting victims committed suicide or were mentally crippled. The program was used as a means to experiment with mind control. They synthesized it, improved it, and produced it in massive quantities.

After the trajedy of September 11th, 2001, the anti-drug campaign started airing commercials claiming that if you buy drugs, you support terrorists. When an independent party released similar commercials stating that when you buy oil and/or drive an SUV, you support terrorists, the anti-drug campaign was in an uproar. They claimed there is no basis for the presumption that terrorists activities were supported by oil sales and that the commercials mocked the message of the dangers of drugs. How did Bin Laden make his fortune? Oil.

This part is only something I heard from several vietnam vets, that during the war they were given uppers to fight and stay awake, and downers to go to sleep.

I do not take drugs, including alcohol, the worst one of all. I do not support drugs. I have kids and I do not want them to take drugs, and I teach them myself not to take drugs. When they took the DARE program I noticed many of these same faults in the DARE system. I pointed them out to my kids, they deserve to know the truth and not a bunch of transparent propaganda. I believe that marijuana is harmful when used to alter the mind, it causes depression as well as anxiety, and low self-esteem. I also believe that it has many medical benefits for Cancers and Glaucoma, and should be legal for that. Here in Arizona, the people voted to legalize marijuana for medical purposes and won the vote by majority. But the State decided that the people didn't know or weren't educated enough to make a competent decision on this matter. That's funny, our votes got them into office, and that was good enough. Time for a recall.

#5    DarkShade

DarkShade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:55 PM

Heh, I heard about this a while ago, probably a few years ago, figured it was an isolated event.  The instructors explain how to 'smoke a bong' or a crackpipe in an effort to keep you from doing it...  That's like telling a rapist not to go to 123 Main Street Apartment 5 because there's a restraining order against him because a woman he raped lives there.  OPEN BAR for him.

D.A.R.E. was kind of useless, at least when I was in it (1990ish), I didn't learn much other than propaganda that they spread.  I guess the dumb kids are the ones who went and started doing these drugs.  Shame there were so many.

#6    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:58 PM

i dont think DARE is a conspiracy. The name says it all. DARE to keep kids off drugs. The reason for the slogan? Cuz  Drugs are  impossible to avoid now. They are on TV sit coms, they are in movies. they are in music videos. Everyone knows somebody on them. Everyone knows where to get some.
  So telling kids not to use drugs really is a dare. I thought is was a clever name for the organization.
Just because some of the member strayed doesnt mean it is a "CONSPIRACY".  Say if i took karate for ten years , then suddenly decided I wanted to take boxing. Does that mean I am part of a conspiracy?  What if a security gaurd decides to rob the bank that he is gaurding? Is that a conspiracy? Its just the human condition. Dont forget the importance of the individual.
  May as well blame it on El Chupacabra. The notion seems equal in absurdity.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#7    soulfire78

soulfire78

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

• It's not what happens to you in life that matters, it's what you do about it that counts...

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:41 AM

Just a case in point, do this.  Think back to Jr. High, or middle school.  Try to remember the kids you knew that participated in DARE.  Now fast forward to High School.  How many of those kids did drugs? Drank alcohol?  Smoked ciggarettes?  I can tell you, of all those I remember,  thay all did AT LEAST one of the above.  I'd say that  the program put them at an increased risk for developing these behaviours.  

I was a dare droppout.  I NEVER smoked, drank or did drugs while I was in high school.  (I did drink while I was in the military; and occasionally as an adult, now.)

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron

#8    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:55 AM

allrighty then dontgetit.gif  . I was in the chess club. And we all smoked the herb back then. I do know that the DARE kids in my school were all would be rebels, who only got stuck there cuz thier rich mommys couldnt handle reality.
  "oh god! Hebert smoked some wacky backy?? Quick honey, before he starts robbing banks, put him in DARE!!"
  If they ended up junkies anyways, it still doesnt say anything about a conspiracy. They are probably just mad at thier mommys for makin them go in the first place.
  So yes you are right in that aspect. In a way, it did put them at an increased risk.  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#9    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:29 AM

I still believe that it definatly is part of a conspiracy , the psychology of that class is too obvious for the government to claim they didn't know the results would turn out this way . I personaly cut the government NO SLACK when it comes to knowing how something will turn out when they have a stackfull of psychologists at their beckon call . I gennerally assume our govenment knows they doing something wrong when they do it especially in cases where they continue to do it wrong ... like this case .

On top of things our government has good reason to get kids on drugs . As sad as it is , The drug industry is a big part of our economy , and the government gets to keep people in control by making them stupid .

Yes... drugs decrease your ability to think ... accept it

Posted Image

#10    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:26 AM

Do you honestly think that D.A.R.E is actually a cover up to make american children stupid? What purpose would that serve? The children are our future!! Making idiot crackheads out of them  isnt exactly the best way to ensure the future of the Unites States of America.
  Besides , anyone who has studied world history, in any real sense, would know that the best way to control people is through fear.
  And in closing,  I defy you to find any crackhead who would be willing to  fight a war for you.  tongue.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure

#11    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:14 PM

Do you honestly think that D.A.R.E is actually a cover up to make american children stupid? What purpose would that serve? The children are our future!!

Its called balance . Our population is constantly rising and if everyone was smart and got power then the government would have a much harder time controling us and they wouldn't be able to hide many of their secrets any longer .

And although a crackhead may not fight a war for you , someone who drank quite alot in high school still ends up living a normal life and could still get drafted . NOTE the "normal" in life . Some people have great ideas against the government and great philosophy and then wash all their cares away with drugs and eventually become to stupid to do anything but mindlessly follow anything the governmen tells them . Better yet , they trust the government as they no longer take drugs since when you get older you gennerally figure it out . So their theories they had against the government are now "thoughts from my stupid teenage years" . And now we see the DARE program doing more promotting of drugs through subliminal messages then demotting . Coincidence ? probobly not .

Its just like censorship of Ideas back in the days of russian communism except this time the brain itself is the target rather then the ideas .

Posted Image

#12    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Xenojjin @ Nov 11 2003, 03:14 PM)
[
  Its called balance . Our population is constantly rising and if everyone was smart and got power then the government would have a much harder time controling us and they wouldn't be able to hide many of their secrets any longer .

First of all, you are assuming that we are  smart to begin with. The average human has an IQ of  around 100. I dont think we really need any help getting stupider.
  Its about balance? So, by that rationale, "the government" , only wants half of us to be stupid ,crackhead, drones.  While the other 100 million americans will still be allowed to ponder government cover-ups.

Yes, I am  sure that this is DARE's great scheme. They cant possibly be trying to help our children.  Thanks for clearing all that up for me.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure

#13    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

lol...honestly, these conspiracy theories just get more and more outlandish...

Drug related crime = costs the government money
Programs to educate people on the dangers of drugs = costs the government money
Police departments dealing with the capture of dealers = costs the government money.

The list is a very long one...the drug trade costs the government so much money that I think you'll find that they have far more reason to try and obliterate it than keep it running through some strange brainwashing program...which would, again, cost more money tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#14    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:28 PM

Nowadays the government doesnt need money . They can just print more out and pay the DARE officers because they control money . And I am not just saying DARE is a conspiracy for no reason , I say it MAy be one since its not working and obviously hasn't for a long time , yet the government doesnt end it . If the government really did want to help kids the program would have been canceled a long time ago .

Money is only an issue for the government when it comes to doing trade with other contries , but when our government buys things from its own country it really isn't that big of a problem since the way we have it set up money they print controls all . The government doesn't need to worry about paying for DARE at all .  

Posted Image

#15    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:33 PM

*raises an eyebrow*

Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "inflation" tongue.gif?

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users