Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"the bloop"

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#31    thecreeper

thecreeper

Times Person of the year

• 2,641 posts

• its is not the beginning or the end nor is it the beginning of the end, perhaps it is the end of the beginning-Winston Churchill

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:10 AM

umm... you people do know that blue whales are bigger than megalodons ever were???

Yes, the blue whale is the largest animal EVER!

May all the hamsters of your world rejoice

#32    SwampGator

SwampGator

Skeptical Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

• It seems common sense is not that common.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:17 AM

Keep your major FalseProphet.........its an amazing field and has served me well....its even more valuable now!   thumbsup.gif

"The ones who look so far outside the box they lose the box completely = Blind Believer"   Chaoszerg

#33    RisenPrism

RisenPrism

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• If home is where the heart is, then my home is about 27 miles outside of Phoenix..........

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:30 AM

So, I'm assuming that you are one... for how long now?

Signature removed, exceeds 500x150 size limit

#34    Ryo Ohki

Ryo Ohki

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

A site thinks its cthulu. laugh.gif

Heaven didnt want me and Hell thinks I will take over.

#35    RisenPrism

RisenPrism

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• If home is where the heart is, then my home is about 27 miles outside of Phoenix..........

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, I've been there. Bunch of weirdos with too much time on their hands, if you ask me.

#36    Gatofeo

Gatofeo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• "An ugly cat. Vast desert. Smoke and fire. Flying lead makes holes in parchment. The ugly cat is much amused." --- Gatodamus (1503-1566)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

Yeah...I've got several recordings of the humpbacks. Now that you mention it, I think I'e heard blue whale's. I'm still not sure tho!

I dunno. Seems like anything that large would have been spotted.
As for the Japanese not releasing those photos. As was noted: How do you know?

Aw heck, gimme a green chili burrito and let me go skinnydipping. I bet I could work up a big ol' bloop or two ...  blush.gif

My god! How that ghost makes me dread
My attempts to sleep at night, in my bed
All that moaning and groaning
Keep me awake until morning
Oh wait --- it's that couple next door, newly wed!

--- Copyright 2006 by Gatofeo

I support Rehabilitation through Reincarnation!

#37    RisenPrism

RisenPrism

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:35 AM

"Anything large would have been spotted"??? Just how did you come to this conclusion?

#38    Tremor

Tremor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:04 AM

Yes, the blue whale is the largest animal EVER!

yes, i was being sarcastic. it seems like a lot of people here think it could have been a megalodon, when experts say it was larger than a blue whale, and a megalodon is smaller.

98% of the Internet population has a MySpace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy & paste this into your signature.

#39    science101

science101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:20 AM

Megladon.  Definitely not a Megladon or any other known fish for that matter.

#40    the rebirth

the rebirth

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "it seems you have a chronomechanical malfunction"
    "what?"
    "a chronomechanical malfunction.."
    "a what??"
    "your clock is broken."

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:21 AM

well, the sound sped up is sort of like a bubble...
maybe it is the release of large amounts of gasses from under the seafloor?
this occurrence is supposedly the cause of ship dissappearances in the bermuda triangle...
maybe the earth shouldn't have eaten that big ol' bean burrito the night before tongue.gif

#41    my_psychosis

my_psychosis

Psychic spy

• 2,736 posts

• Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
    "Pigkiller"

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:12 AM

Aw heck, gimme a green chili burrito and let me go skinnydipping. I bet I could work up a big ol' bloop or two ...  blush.gif

rofl.gif

Onomatopoeia. Well, that doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb word. I mean, you gotta wonder what was going on in the room the day they needed to make up that word.
Bridgette Dubois ( from TV's Medium)

#42    Cronus

Cronus

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

• It's best to die a broken piece of jade, than to live a life of clay.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Well, it WAS a "bloop", don't think that there's any denying that....but WHAT created that sound is debatable.....could have been an animal...but if so, the "animal" in question hasn't been heard from since the summer of 1997?....almost 10 years?.....maybe is was a special guest "bloop" appearance or something...
Maybe these were the same people who "claimed" to have footage of a megalodon on video tape.....but have yet to produce anything.

they caught on tape a megalodon? who said that???

also, here's a link where you can listen to the Recorded sound , The BLoop

(it's been speeded up 16 times, so it's gonna sound real short and funky, but just picture it 16 times slower)

link - http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/vents/acoustics/sounds/bloop.wav

"The void is that which stands right in the middle of "this" and "that" the void is all-inclusive, having no opposite, there is nothing which it excludes or opposes, it is living void because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void, is filled with life and power and the love of all things."

#43    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

they caught on tape a megalodon? who said that???

There was a thread started a while back about some scientists that were conducting experiments in the deep ocean that involved a "bait-box" and video-taping(bare with me, I'm trying to condense this down to it's relevant points). The individuals involved claimed to have captured an "extremely large" animal of some sort(there are varying reports there was actually footage of a large animal caught on tape...or that there was ONLY the "shadow" of "something" caught on tape) on video tape during there experiments that they have yet to produce.....or if they HAVE produced it, I have yet to see it.

Of course speculation and innuendo being what they are, it was surmized that the "animal" in question HAD to be a Meglodon......which is how rumors and legends begin and propagate....which is the WORST part...nobody SAID it, but then again, nobody had to.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#44    Moredhel84

Moredhel84

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• To the believer no further proof is necessary, to the skeptic no further proof is sufficient.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

There was a thread started a while back about some scientists that were conducting experiments in the deep ocean that involved a "bait-box" and video-taping(bare with me, I'm trying to condense this down to it's relevant points). The individuals involved claimed to have captured an "extremely large" animal of some sort(there are varying reports there was actually footage of a large animal caught on tape...or that there was ONLY the "shadow" of "something" caught on tape) on video tape during there experiments that they have yet to produce.....or if they HAVE produced it, I have yet to see it.

Of course speculation and innuendo being what they are, it was surmized that the "animal" in question HAD to be a Meglodon......which is how rumors and legends begin and propagate....which is the WORST part...nobody SAID it, but then again, nobody had to.

Could be in response to this movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKzrVv7I_o. Personally looks more like a GL shark to me.

#45    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

Could be in response to this movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKzrVv7I_o. Personally looks more like a GL shark to me.

G.L....A Greenland shark? If that is what you are refering to, then I believe that was what many of the members here thought it was as well. Sorry, I can't view Youtube from this terminal.

Edited by Onyxdk, 07 November 2006 - 06:51 PM.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users