Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs)

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#91    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I've attached a drawing of how Visual Reorientation Illusions are created in one's mental map of one's surroundings.

I included an actual map of the neighborhood, including the house that I grew up in and the school I attended as a child.

You can see that many of the streets are not at 90 degree angled intersections, some are at around  60 or 120 degrees.

My mind, and others who experience VRIs, only map the surroundings as if on a straight line grid. So a 60 or 120 degree turn gets mentally mapped as a 90 degree one.

What this leads to is a discrepancy between what is actual and perceived.

The top portion of the drawing contains the actual map of the neighborhood.

The bottom portion of the drawing contains the four perceived worlds that are experienced as a result of the difference in mapping using a percieved grid.

The top left map on the bottom portion contains the School 1 world. House 1 was my normally perceived orientation of my house on the School 1 map. When I left my house and went along street A to street B, I perceived a 90 degree right turn, even though it was actually about a 60 degree right turn (which added 30 degrees to the actual). When I arrived at the school, it was perceived to be actually oriented exactly how it is in that diagram, relative to my house 1 position. When I walked home from school along street C to D, I perceived it to be a 90 degree right turn, even though it was actually about a 60 degree right turn (which added 30 degrees to the actual). The turns from street D to E to F to G to H were close to 90 degrees, and that's how I perceived them. The turn from street H to A was actually about 60 degrees to the right, but I perceived it as a 90 degree right turn (which added 30 degrees to the actual).

When you see that I mentally added a total of about 90 degrees from actual within my mental grid map, it explains why I arrived back home to find that it had changed 90 degrees into house 2 position, which is 90 degrees rotated from my normal house 1 position!

The School 2 map world shows how if I went to school from my normal house position 1 along streets H, G, F, E, D and C, that I would find my school in position 2, and if I came home along street B, that I would find my house had flipped to position 4, which was a really cool position to experience. :)

The 2 lower maps show school position 3 and 4 world maps, with the associated House positions 2, 3 and 4. They were less experienced, because there had to be an extra flip in there from my normal house position 1 maps, but they were still experienced on occasion and were also fun to visit. :)

Attached Files

#92    Ashleen

Ashleen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

How is that possible? It sounds really interesting, but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.

Ashleen

#93    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostAshleen, on 06 June 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

How is that possible? It sounds really interesting, but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.

Hi Ashleen. It is really interesting, and fun to experience too! :)

I'm not sure exactly why it is possible, but I've come up with many possible explanations over the years.

What it feels like is that you actually instantly get transported to a parallel world that is turned 90 or 180 degrees around from how you normally experience it.

It's so weird because everything is in it's same place relative to each other within the new world, but the whole thing is flipped around from normal.

I think that scientists have traced it to the firing of cells in the brain that deal with orientation... head direction cells, grid cells etc...

It's kind of a reset mechanism that our brain has to reorient our perceived directional bearings so that we don't feel lost.

What I find the most fascinating though, is that once one becomes competent at cognitively inducing VRIs, one can consciously fire those same cells in the brain so that one can choose which one of the four world positions that they want to experience!

For me, the world around me can be experienced in four different orientations, which always kind of felt cool, because there were four parallel worlds to travel to at will.

Each one has it's own feel...

I've also thought that it may be possible because there are higher dimensions of space and ourselves that we can experience through VRIs...

I mean, you hear of all these theories like string theory that say that there might be higher spatial dimensions but here is an actual experience that we have that shows that those higher dimensions of space could possibly be accessed with VRIs.

#94    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

Here is a mental exercise to further understand the VRI flip...

Imagine yourself floating weightless in the Space Shuttle, in a perceived upright position, with the floor beneath you. You look out the windows and you see the Earth above your shuttle, and you perceive that you are passing "under the Earth". All of a sudden, you think that you are actually floating "over the Earth", and you and your shuttle are actually "upside down"!! You will have just experienced a VRI. Your perceived axis of "up/down" will have just done a 180 degree rotation, and you will feel that you are looking at the same world, but that it just got turned around 180 degrees from where it was!

The exact same thing happens to us here on Earth, except that our perceived axis of "north/south" gets turned around 180 degrees, so we feel that we are looking at the same world, but that it just got turned around 180 degrees from where it was! :)

#95    linttrap

linttrap

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Here's a link to Oman's article about the experiences of astronauts and cosmonauts.

http://dspace.mit.ed....pdf?sequence=1

#96    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

View Postlinttrap, on 18 June 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Here's a link to Oman's article about the experiences of astronauts and cosmonauts.

http://dspace.mit.ed....pdf?sequence=1

Thanks for that link linttrap, Oman does a great explanation of VRIs in there...

Here's a link to another thread about VRIs here on this forum as well:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=159285

I've included a picture of a 180 degree VRI that shows how astronauts experience them in space.

Here is an explanation that goes along with the picture, to help one understand what happens:

Put yourself in the spacesuit of the astronaut on the right in the bottom part of the picture.

You would think that you are floating under the Earth, which is above you, the space shuttle is below you, and the astronaut in front of you (the one on the left in the picture) is upside down.

Actually try to feel this... feel every aspect of being in that position... really try hard...

Feel and see the Earth above you, look at the shuttle below you, look at the astronaut in front of you and see him as being upside down from how he should be. You are right side up. Feel that position with everything you can. Feel that you couldn't possibly fall up, and you are safe.

Now, suddenly you experience a 180 degree VRI.

You are in the top portion of the picture, and the astronaut on the left.

You now feel the Earth is below you, the space shuttle is above you, the astronaut in front of you is actually right-side up, and you are the one who is upside down dangling precariously over top of the Earth! Feel this position with everything you can! Think to yourself, I might fall down!

Do you feel the difference in how each position feels?

It is the exact same relative positions between you and everything else in each picture, but the difference between the perceived picture orientations themselves is what changes.

They are totally opposite, and that is what a 180 degree VRI does to you perception... it turns the world around 180 degrees in an instant.

Even though this is likely harder to envision here on the ground, it should be a lot easier to imagine up in space, because the Up/Down axis and gravity are so naturally felt already.

Attached Files

#97    G3N0M3

G3N0M3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• Reality is a concept of man - Therefore reality is what man makes of it.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I believe I had replied to the first time this was posted.

My perception of it is you are actually using a type of CRV but because you have not acknowledged the reverse effect that is caused from your conscious and subconscious not being completely aware of eachother. Therefore your subconscious sends the information to your conscious "inner mind" in a reverse effect. Think of it like the lenses in our eyes, were seeing reflections of anything we see, in fact, for all we know all of our "reality" is actually completely oposite of what we percieve, but because we evolved "seeing backwards" from our motor skills to brain development we percieve it as being "normal".

Being able to control that effect may be a different story, then it would logically be an enhanced daydream, kind of like a lucid daydream.

Having the sensation again is another matter, many experience it and attribute it to a type of vertigo. Except it is more of a Deja-vu-vertigo-daydream.

If it has nothing to do with your eyes, such as dialation, straining, etc. then it is a completely mental effect which takes into concideration your active imagination, perceptions and how well you grasp three dimensional geography. Most likely people who can do VRIs are good with math, trig, music and design such as 3D modeling.

Just my 2c

EDIT

The best way to experience this is walking up a bridge, as you are walking up the bridge watch the ground, and as you are walking up look up fast at something, not just the sky. Doing this several times gives you the feeling nearly every time. Make sure when you do it there is not lots of traffic lol, because you might stumble.

Edited by G3N0M3, 19 June 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Need answers to many questions? Give me a shout I can help you out!
Posted Image

#98    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostG3N0M3, on 19 June 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I believe I had replied to the first time this was posted.

My perception of it is you are actually using a type of CRV but because you have not acknowledged the reverse effect that is caused from your conscious and subconscious not being completely aware of eachother. Therefore your subconscious sends the information to your conscious "inner mind" in a reverse effect. Think of it like the lenses in our eyes, were seeing reflections of anything we see, in fact, for all we know all of our "reality" is actually completely oposite of what we percieve, but because we evolved "seeing backwards" from our motor skills to brain development we percieve it as being "normal".

Being able to control that effect may be a different story, then it would logically be an enhanced daydream, kind of like a lucid daydream.

Having the sensation again is another matter, many experience it and attribute it to a type of vertigo. Except it is more of a Deja-vu-vertigo-daydream.

If it has nothing to do with your eyes, such as dialation, straining, etc. then it is a completely mental effect which takes into concideration your active imagination, perceptions and how well you grasp three dimensional geography. Most likely people who can do VRIs are good with math, trig, music and design such as 3D modeling.

Just my 2c

EDIT

The best way to experience this is walking up a bridge, as you are walking up the bridge watch the ground, and as you are walking up look up fast at something, not just the sky. Doing this several times gives you the feeling nearly every time. Make sure when you do it there is not lots of traffic lol, because you might stumble.

Hi G3N0M3, great to hear from you again.

I looked up our previous conversation on this in the other thread.

Were you able to try out the methods we discussed here?

http://www.unexplain...15#entry3006796

I looked up the CRV acronym and do you mean computer robot vision?

I will try the "look up fast" method you've described to see if it helps to induce a VRI, thanks!

From what I've found out about VRIs, they seem to be linked to head direction cell firing in the brain...

Researchers have done tests on rats in space with regards to VRIs...

Here's a sample explanation from one site:

Taube JS, Stackman RW, Calton JL, Oman CM.

Collaborators (1)

Oman CM.

Source

Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Center of Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth College, 6207 Moore Hall, Hanover, NH 03755, USA. jeffrey.taube@dartmouth.edu

Abstract

Astronauts working in zero-gravity (0-G) often experience visual reorientation illusions (VRIs). For example, when floating upside down, they commonly misperceive the spacecraft floor as a ceiling and have a reversed sense of direction. Previous studies have identified a population of neurons in the rat's brain that discharge as a function of the rat's head direction (HD) in a gravitationally horizontal plane and is dependent on an intact vestibular system. Our goal was to characterize HD cell discharge under conditions of acute weightlessness. Seven HD cells in the anterior dorsal thalamus were monitored from rats aboard an aircraft in 0-G parabolic flight. Unrestrained rats locomoted in a clear plexiglas rectangular chamber that had wire mesh covering the floor, ceiling, and one wall. The chamber and surrounding visual environment were relatively up-down symmetrical. Each HD cell was recorded across forty 20-s episodes of 0-G. All HD cells maintained a significant direction-specific discharge when the rat was on the chamber floor during the 0-G and also during the hypergravity pull-out periods. Three of five cells also showed direction-specific responses on the wall in 1-G. In contrast, direction-specific discharge was usually not maintained when the rat locomoted on the vertical wall or ceiling in 0-G. The loss of direction-specific firing was accompanied by an overall increase in background firing. However, while the rat was on the ceiling, some cells showed occasional bursts of firing when the rat's head was oriented in directions that were flipped relative to the long axis of symmetry of the chamber compared with the cell's preferred firing direction on the floor. This finding is consistent with what might be expected if the rat had experienced a VRI. These responses indicate that rats maintain a normal allocentric frame of reference in 0-G and 1-G when on the floor, but may lose their sense of directional heading when placed on a wall or ceiling during acute exposures to 0-G.

Charles Oman pointed out in another article:

"Actually, it is possible to have a VRI right here on Earth, as when you leave an underground subway station labyrinth, and upon seeing a familiar visual landmark, realize that e.g. you are facing east, not west. On Earth, gravity constrains our body orientation, and provides an omnipresent "down" cue, so we normally only experience VRIs about a vertical axis."

#99    G3N0M3

G3N0M3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• Reality is a concept of man - Therefore reality is what man makes of it.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

No I didn't try the mirror trick but that is just playing with mirrors, when you do that for illusions it's quite fun, you can play with your friends and weird them out.

Being able to transit through the mirror with your mind is another story, that is actually a very, very old technique called "walking through mirrors" when talking about CRV and astral projection, when you transit through a mirror you are in one of our "reverse dimensions" like you said in another post, yes, it is like a copy of our dimension just in another perceptual angle. Things like that though are not usually experienced while being completely awake, without meditating, etc. to just DO IT is a whole other ballgame.

In this case I'd have to reffer back to my other post as it being some type of enhanced daydream or even over active stimulation of your "creativity".

On the other hand, anyone who has to deal with being high up would experience this vertigo effect. The illusion part is what baffles me, to experience that your perceptions themselves would have to believe that they are actually 180o backwards, in which case it would account on the individuals grasp of their perceptions... if you know what I mean.

Otherwise though I am no medical research scientist or anything but from my knowledge of the head/brain I would attribute this "perceptual flip" to the water inside of your head next to your ears, when you are in space that fluid inside of your skull floats like you always see in movies. Therefore your brain has nothing to point it's "perceptual bearings" at the ground, it's completely dependent on your own motor/skill functions and memory of where you are...

Think of it like this; when do you ever think... which way is up? or which way is down? we don't need to really think about it because of gravity and the fluid in our skulls, this determines balance and many other functions, even sense of direction (which way is straight).

So, in my example of walking up a bridge you are kind of experiencing that feeling you get going over a bridge fast in a car, you do that with your head by looking over the rail at the ground as you walk up and the look up at another object. Now you are experienceing a perceptual effect which will give you the same kinda feeling. As you look up at the object the fluid in your head and your perceptions of being on the ground but then all of a sudden seeing something way high up right near you throws off your perception of where you are in 3D space. You most of the time lose your footing thinking you are either on the ground or where you were looking forgetting you are on the bridge still.

Warning!

If you are afraid of hights don't get too afraid remember, you are just standing... I hope I don't make anyone afraid of bridges if they try this lol. I also say again make sure it's not too busy because you might stumble.

ALSO

CRV - Controlled Remote Viewing

It was first popularized in recent times by Hitler at first because of his fame for the occult, then after he fell the russians back in the cold war started to study it and it's scientific effects, they were then able to understand that you are able to gain enemy intelligence without ever entering the building. By that time the cold war ended and there were no more threats and the program was probably more held in secret from what intelligence they released.

It then became popular around the 70s-80s in America through several different roots and since then several schools within the US and India teach you how to accomplish CRV.

Before then the more enhanced version of CRV called Astral Projecting had proven many things in space before we had even searched those planets. There have been several renowned "Astralastronauts" which would leave Earth with only their minds and the energy of our planet to go and travel on these moons and planets, generally within our solar sytem.

Myself the furthest I projected myself willingly was between the earth and the moon. The stars are MUCH brighter I have to say when you are in outter space. You think there is a big difference with going out to the country... no, no... it's actually very intense.

Need answers to many questions? Give me a shout I can help you out!
Posted Image

#100    starlight1020

starlight1020

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

wow ok this is hard to wrap my brain around. i've read through this whole thread so here are my questions: you mentioned it's like a whole new world, yet the same when you flip. how do you mean? are the objects in the room the *exact* same? or are there a few new ones you've never seen before? have you ever done this on purpose while with a friend and tried to talk to this person while you are flipped?

#101    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostG3N0M3, on 20 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

No I didn't try the mirror trick but that is just playing with mirrors, when you do that for illusions it's quite fun, you can play with your friends and weird them out.

Being able to transit through the mirror with your mind is another story, that is actually a very, very old technique called "walking through mirrors" when talking about CRV and astral projection, when you transit through a mirror you are in one of our "reverse dimensions" like you said in another post, yes, it is like a copy of our dimension just in another perceptual angle. Things like that though are not usually experienced while being completely awake, without meditating, etc. to just DO IT is a whole other ballgame.

With VRIs, one is completely awake and aware of being in another "copy of our dimension, just in another perceptual angle."

It's a lot of fun to look into the double reflection produced by the two mirrors, and see the other angled worlds, then consciously instantly rotate into them, and look back into where you once where from the other side. Everything is still the exact same around you, except the whole universe has rotated around 90 or 180 degrees from where it was.

#102    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

View Poststarlight1020, on 20 June 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

wow ok this is hard to wrap my brain around. i've read through this whole thread so here are my questions: you mentioned it's like a whole new world, yet the same when you flip. how do you mean? are the objects in the room the *exact* same? or are there a few new ones you've never seen before? have you ever done this on purpose while with a friend and tried to talk to this person while you are flipped?
Hi starlight, thanks for your interest. :)

The objects all stay the exact same relative to you and each other, but the whole universe has been turned around from the way it was.

It is like you sitting in a room, facing a window, watching the sun set in the west.

Then a giant hand grabs the universe and turns it around 180 degrees in the opposite direction in an instant.

You now are still looking out the same window, watching the sun set in the west, but west is now facing where east used to be!

You've probably heard of people saying they got "turned around" and got lost. This is part of the VRI experience because our orientational bearings (our feeling of where N,S,E,W are) gets rotated around.

For a 180 degree flip, north becomes south and east becomes west.

For a 90 degree flip, north becomes east or west.

It's no problem to consciously do a VRI and talk to someone while doing it. You see two differently oriented versions of them during the process. First you see them facing north in one direction, then you do a 180 VRI, and then you see them facing north in the opposite direction.

It's cool to be able to see four different versions of the universe, each 90 or 180 degrees flipped around from the others. :)

#103    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Earlier, in this post of this thread: http://www.unexplain...75#entry4097561 I listed some of the comments made by others about VRIs in the comments section of the Radiolab episode called You Are Here http://www.radiolab....5/you-are-here/

There have been a couple of more interesting comments:

Kirsten
I am so happy to have stumbled across this! About 4 years ago when I was living abroad I often got confused in my kitchen. On a number of occasions I would go to put something in the oven only to find the oven wasn't where it should be. It has recently gotten worse and has made me panic when I'm driving to work and all of a sudden I don;t recognize the street I am on even though I have driven on it every day for years. It also happens at work when I walk through my call center on my way to a meeting and I everything all of a sudden looks different to me and I don't know how to get to where I am going.

I never realized until listening to this that it's not that I have never seen the place I am in before, it's just that I am seeing it from an angle I have never seen. I feel....found.

Jun. 14 2012 12:49 AM
    Score: 0/0  
rachel from scotland
I've experienced VRIs since childhood, and have never been able to explain this to anyone without attracting confused stares. I must have been about four years old when it happened the first time and I remember it affected me strongly. One day my home and my street just spontaneously "changed direction", this was a permanent shift which has lasted to this day. I clearly remember feeling confused and upset at the time and actually tried hard to concentrate to get the "old world" to come back - but it never did. I can still visualise it when I recall memories from before a certain age. I know now that what I was really seeing was the same view but from another angle, but at the time it felt like I had gone to a whole other world. I can voluntarily bring on VRI flips if I concentrate hard enough, but there is usually always a default view for most places I know. This is all very interesting to read.

Edited by Hugh, 06 July 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#104    starlight1020

starlight1020

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostHugh, on 06 July 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Hi starlight, thanks for your interest. :)

The objects all stay the exact same relative to you and each other, but the whole universe has been turned around from the way it was.

It is like you sitting in a room, facing a window, watching the sun set in the west.

Then a giant hand grabs the universe and turns it around 180 degrees in the opposite direction in an instant.

You now are still looking out the same window, watching the sun set in the west, but west is now facing where east used to be!

You've probably heard of people saying they got "turned around" and got lost. This is part of the VRI experience because our orientational bearings (our feeling of where N,S,E,W are) gets rotated around.

For a 180 degree flip, north becomes south and east becomes west.

For a 90 degree flip, north becomes east or west.

It's no problem to consciously do a VRI and talk to someone while doing it. You see two differently oriented versions of them during the process. First you see them facing north in one direction, then you do a 180 VRI, and then you see them facing north in the opposite direction.

It's cool to be able to see four different versions of the universe, each 90 or 180 degrees flipped around from the others. :)

i'm not doubting that this is happening- so many others are coming forth saying it's happening to them as well ..but now my question is: how to you know you have flipped? if others that are with you when it happens don't notice any flip. still hard to wrap my brain around LOL

this does sound awesome though. i makes me think of parallel universes.

#105    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Poststarlight1020, on 07 July 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

i'm not doubting that this is happening- so many others are coming forth saying it's happening to them as well ..but now my question is: how to you know you have flipped? if others that are with you when it happens don't notice any flip. still hard to wrap my brain around LOL

You know you have flipped because you are looking in a different direction then you were before.

Take this picture for example:

Posted Image
Now, imagine that you are in a movie theatre complex that has many movie theatres, that face in different directions.

Let's say that the above picture represents two different theatres in that complex, that are located back to back, separated by a hallway.

You first sit in the movie theatre on the left, and you look at the screen in that direction.

Then you get up, walk out of the theatre, through the joining hallway, and enter the theatre on the right, sit down, and look at the screen in the opposite direction.

If I asked you, how do you know that you are looking in the opposite direction when you look at the screen in the other theatre, you'd explain and point each direction to me and say, "Well, in this theatre I face the screen in this direction, looking this way, and in the other, I am facing the screen in the opposite direction, looking that way."

What happens with a VRI, is that you sit in the same theatre, and look at the screen this way, then the instant flip happens, then you find yourself in the same theatre looking at the same screen, but it is now in the opposite direction... it's as if you have travelled to the opposite facing theatre in an instant!

If someone asks you "How do you know that everything has just flipped? Aren't you still in the exact same theatre looking at the exact same screen?" You'd say "Yes, it's the same theatre but I'm looking at it in the opposite direction from where it was!"

Both 180 degree (opposite) and 90 degree (right angle) VRI flips are possible, so you can flip to any one of the four possible viewpoints of the same theatre.

Have you ever come out of a movie theatre and started walking in the hallway in the "wrong direction" to exit? Then realized it, and started walking the "right way"?

It happens to a lot of people coming out of theatres, because they experience VRIs in them.

They think that they are in another direction facing theatre during the movie, and their viewpoint gets flipped around. Then when they exit, things get flipped around again, back to their normal viewpoint, and they have their bearings back again.

For some, VRIs are such a subtle difference that they may not even recognize them, for others, it is a monumental event that they never forget.

It is usually noticeable to most if it happens in a place that one has a very familiar viewpoint that they are accustomed to being in.

The movie theatre has such an general, ambiguous feeling to it, and most of us have been in each of the four different facing versions of it during our lifetime, so it's a lot easier for us to imagine ourselves being in one of the other facing theatres easier than just about any other place.

Try it yourself the next time you go see a movie. Try and think about being in another theatre that faces another direction, and you may be pleasantly surprised when the theatre flips to another position! I have a lot of fun doing this. :)

View Poststarlight1020, on 07 July 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

this does sound awesome though. i makes me think of parallel universes.

I've always thought that parallel universe travel was a possiblilty... it certainly feels that way, it's like being in a whole new world each time!

I've also thought it may be related to being able to see within higher dimensional space... when one experiences VRIs, it's like there is this whole new dimension to the space around us... it's like a square being taken into the third dimension and being able to experience his perceived 2 dimensional world from another angle, available in the 3rd dimension, and then thinking he might actually be 3D himself if he can actually see those different directions that light can be coming from in those other directions...

Could we actually be at least 4D, being able to see light from our perceived 3D world coming from different directions within higher dimensional space? :)

Edited by Hugh, 07 July 2012 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users