Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jack the Ripper's face revealed 120 years on

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

your right , there is a close resemblance , hmmm........ l wonder .
IPB Image\IPB Image\
^
aaron kosminski

Hard to say at that angle. The forehead looks too broad in the drawing and the space from lower lip to chin point too thin to match.

Then there is that nose, that long thin nose with the narrow point between the eyes, then the bump, and then the tiny flare at the end of its tip. Alot of other features might be common but not that nose.

Find the match among the suspects to that long squiggly nose and there is The Ripper I bet, regardless of hair color because they could use blacking back then as a disguise since it was a common product.

Since he looks thin and has dark circles under his eyes, recent physical illness might help narrow down the suspects also.

Posted Image

#17    ladygrim

ladygrim

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 155 posts

• one day ill make it ;)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:37 PM

hmm im not sure yeah he could of looked like that but the image looks to modern and i cant picture him in the 1880 fashion

One day ill make it to the place dreams can only take me for now

#18    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,215 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

hmm im not sure yeah he could of looked like that but the image looks to modern and i cant picture him in the 1880 fashion

The image looks too modern because it is a modern e-fit. It is, however, based on the written statements taken at the time of people that saw thee Ripper.

I have taken that image and processed it so that it looks like a picture taken at the time. I hope this helps.

IPB Image\

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#19    Bigfoot_Is_Real

Bigfoot_Is_Real

The Glitch of Unexplained Mysteries

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

• Inyuasha is Dragonball-Z for girls!!!!
    -Pantsman (VG Cats)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

still looks mexican  laugh.gif

#20    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

I keep expecting him to grab a microphone and start going "It's a kinda magic..."

Shame I missed this program...there's always going to be something about Jack the Ripper that just grabs people in the UK. It's possibly our most famous real life murder mystery...and as horrific and gruesome as it is, it's something that I'll always have an interest in. If there's something on tv about Jack the Ripper, I'll watch it if I get the chance. Maybe i've got a morbid streak tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#21    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

If there's something on tv about Jack the Ripper, I'll watch it if I get the chance. Maybe i've got a morbid streak tongue.gif

I think a lot of us do. He is as close to a caped real life vampire monster as we have to read about.

Posted Image

#22    Samael

Samael

Psychic Spy

• 1,071 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. - Dana Scully, The X-Files

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

He looks German.

Italian if you ask me.

Posted Image

Attempting to sound vaguely intellectual since 2006

#23    n_grann

n_grann

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

I DID IT!!!! I am Jill the Ripper!! HEHEHEHE!!!!

#24    starlitkate

starlitkate

Mummer's Star

• 1,431 posts

• I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels, but I call them my best friends

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

I don't think he looks German at all.  He looks more like he came from the old American West than he does Germany. I'm German so I definetly know he doesn't look German.  He definetly doesn't have a German's features. And most Germans have red,light brown,white or blonde hair.  With his fat mustache and slicked back hair then he looks more John Wayne than German!! grin2.gif  But he does look Italian-possibly with some Spanish mixed in!!

Edited by starlitkate, 24 November 2006 - 12:10 AM.

- Signature removed, exceeds 500x150 size limit -

#25    QueenOftheCramped

QueenOftheCramped

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

• "Nil sapientiae odiosius acumine nimio"

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:11 AM

You all forget that the victorian time was THE Era of facial hair!!! Massive moustaches, side-burns galore, etc. Any Gentleman who had an opinion of himself would sport a 'tache. So, nothing to do with Mexicans, Turks or otherwise.

It has also been clearly established that Jack must have had an educated knowledge of anatomy, very likely even surgery. The organs that were removed had been done so with precision & accuracy & couldn't have performed by a lay-person (So, Aaron Kosminski - Nope). The madness lay more in the arrangement of the organs around the bodies, like the draping of the intestines around the shoulders of one victim. Of course, in the case of Mary Kelly, the post mortem mutilations of her body such as cutting off her nose, skinning her thighs to the bone, etc, were pure savagery. I personally find the theory that there must have been another person involved assisting Jack very credible.

I don't have TV at the moment, so anyone who has seen the program & can let us know the main points on which the profile is based would be much appreciated!

Oh, and, although the similarity is undeniable, please leave poor Freddie (may his soul rest in peeece!) out of it!  w00t.gif

Edited by QueenOftheCramped, 24 November 2006 - 02:12 AM.

The wise man says: "The universe is but the dream of a Godhead."

I says: "Godhead been eating too many cheese toasties before bedtime again..."

#26    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,215 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:23 AM

The main points of the profile were that Jack was NOT very well educated. The one letter that was almost certainly sent by him showed that he was barely literate. He was most likely a local man. Modern profiling techniques suggest a specific street in Whitechapel that he probably lived in. All of the victims had lived very close to that street at one time or another. He did not show a very high degree of sophistication in his murder technique and would almost certainly have been caught quickly if modern police techniques had been available.

I'm sorry I can't give more detail, although I watched the programme I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#27    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

You all forget that the victorian time was THE Era of facial hair!!! Massive moustaches, side-burns galore, etc. Any Gentleman who had an opinion of himself would sport a 'tache. So, nothing to do with Mexicans, Turks or otherwise.

Yes, and colored mustache wax was common.
Comb in and wash out hair color.

source

I do not think that black hair was nessesarily their natural hair color, or if waxed, even that it was straight hair as in the picture. Changing the color and texture would be a good and an easy disguise.

Posted Image

#28    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:45 AM

I wasn't aware of the latino population in London during this time. grin2.gif

He looks just like my Uncle, who's 1000% Ecuadorian.

Yep, he definitely looks Ecuadorian.  grin2.gif

I'm super cereal. (in my best Al Gore voice)   dontgetit.gif

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 24 November 2006 - 04:48 AM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#29    QueenOftheCramped

QueenOftheCramped

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 228 posts

• "Nil sapientiae odiosius acumine nimio"

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:49 AM

The main points of the profile were that Jack was NOT very well educated. The one letter that was almost certainly sent by him showed that he was barely literate. He was most likely a local man. Modern profiling techniques suggest a specific street in Whitechapel that he probably lived in. All of the victims had lived very close to that street at one time or another. He did not show a very high degree of sophistication in his murder technique and would almost certainly have been caught quickly if modern police techniques had been available.

I'm sorry I can't give more detail, although I watched the programme I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

Well, I went back and read up on Jack, just to refresh my memory & look at current, different thories- it's been a while...

It seems it still has not been clearly established whether he actually did have medical/anatomical knowledge or not. So, I modestly withdraw my phrasing of "It has been clearly established" & apologise for the inaccuracy.

Some say yes, some no. (I've compiled some exerpts of statements from the inquests & autopsy reports of the time . I initially intended to copy them into my reply, but on second thoughts, considering our younger members, I decided not to, for obvious reasons. For anyone interested, I'll send them to you via PM.)
To me, they are nevertheless convincing enough to indicate at least some level of anatomical knowledge. IMO what also has to be taken into consideration are the light conditions, or absence thereof, and in some cases the short time span in which the killings have been executed.

With regards to the letter...I don't know, could it be possible that the illiteracy was faked to a certain degree? For ex., he does get words like which and where right, e.g. including the silent H; not an obvious phonetic spelling.

I also read some comments of hard-core "Ripper-Fans" on a thread about that show (Channel 5!), and many are quite disappointed, also mentioning that there were historical inaccuracies..???

The wise man says: "The universe is but the dream of a Godhead."

I says: "Godhead been eating too many cheese toasties before bedtime again..."

#30    Mike8272

Mike8272

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

The two pics at the top of the thread the modern day one and the one from back in the day well they do kind of look alike, maybe not exactly but it's 100 plus years of difference so what we think he lookslike and the Aaron Kosminski bloak could be the same person.

But as of now i'd say any crime like he did you wouldn't really need much knowledge then again we learn about the insides in primary school and high school so if anyone was cut open we could probably name organs.

Back then?

Different, probably would have to have some knowledge but whose to say the man involved did?

As there are notes saying that their were many quak doctors at the time, and if he cut someone open he could of pulled out a organ well not pull but done his thing with a certain organ not knowing what it actually is.

Still didn't watch the program i don' think but i might check to see if any of it's on youtube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users